Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

monkeytennis posted:

Would you bother with bank perks once your 4x99 and 100-odd floors up the tower?

I only ask because I seem to have over 1300 gold and don’t see anything else to spend it on.

I'm 100 floors up the tower and the extra 100m still doesn't seem worth the gold and I have 1500 kicking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Autocrafting slots or the inevitable cooking perks that are going to show up.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah I have 7 autocraft slots and I'm just waiting for the cooking stuff to drop to dump some gold into

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

monkeytennis posted:

Would you bother with bank perks once your 4x99 and 100-odd floors up the tower?

I only ask because I seem to have over 1300 gold and don’t see anything else to spend it on.

It's never worth it. Go into /trade and trade gold for large nets instead.

Don't forget to save 500-700 gold for cooking, when it releases.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Vault guesses is just saving you ancient coins isn't it? I don't know what a good gold:AC ratio would actually be, but I'm likely never gonna get it lol

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Those extra AC could be spent on more wheel spins which by endgame is a huge value in terms of OJ/lemonade/nets compared to other perks that have silver benefits. I think even with optimal play there's a not-insignificant percentage of vault codes that can't be done in 4 guesses.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Lone Goat posted:

Vault guesses is just saving you ancient coins isn't it? I don't know what a good gold:AC ratio would actually be, but I'm likely never gonna get it lol

ACs are limited and annoying to get until you get a level 6 brown bear, at which point you're getting 12 large chest 01s and treasure keys per day (meaning up to 1200 ACs per day). I spin the wheel about 20 times per day, for example.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I didn't even know you could try past 4 guesses on the vault by spending ancient coins, I've never failed it (I got extra guess a few days after the vault became available) :smug:

I finally grinded up 600 herbs for a towering investment, just waiting on mushrooms to grow to finish it. Almost at 10 billion but I figure I should save for the tower quests rather than buy the crop row, now that I'm at 99 farming. Nowhere near 99 exploring so no sense stockpiling for the pets I guess.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im T120 and dont have banker perks nor the extra guess.
Getting millions of gold for free from the bank sounds super useful when you are new but by the time you might have gold left over to buy those perks you make billions per day.

As far as the extra guess, again by the time you have room to buy it 50AC to buy extra guesses is a drop in the bucket.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I'm at tower 96 and have about 1/4 of the silver I would need to get to 100. Current GM progress:

Is it worth cashing out all my chests/etc. to finish things up now, since the tower 100 reward is such a big deal, or should I just wait until I have the silver to push for the AK?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I would be spending chests I think and progressing up that tower.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Is there any specific reason you would save chests?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

H110Hawk posted:

Is there any specific reason you would save chests?

Yeah…

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Accidentally opened the wrong chest, wasted 10,000 apples and 5,000 coins.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Yeah I just do not have the inventory space (until tower 100) or the time to click through in small batches to use up all my chests/grab bags/etc.

e: Also I turned off the halloween theme because it made the site completely illegible on desktop but it seems fine in that screenshot; was it updated after the original release or does it just look different on a phone?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Xerol posted:

Yeah I just do not have the inventory space (until tower 100) or the time to click through in small batches to use up all my chests/grab bags/etc.

e: Also I turned off the halloween theme because it made the site completely illegible on desktop but it seems fine in that screenshot; was it updated after the original release or does it just look different on a phone?

I saw one of the updates said they changed the font on some stuff to make the theme better but I don’t normally use desktop. I just took a peek on my computer and it looks ok to me?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Xerol posted:

mine looks fine on phone app and desktop browser, do you have some extension that screws with colour schemes?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I just find all the text in front of the brighter parts of the background really difficult to read, like the hourglass ingredients here.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Xerol posted:

I just find all the text in front of the brighter parts of the background really difficult to read, like the hourglass ingredients here.

I mean if you intentionally use eyestrain mode why then complain about it? :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Gold potatoes now, hooray.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

250 million silver for GMing something is pretty nice lol

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Butter churn and butter now, something to do with all this milk!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Butter Churn will be an easy GM, butter on the other hand...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok what’s the trick for fishing.

Not using nets because I’m trying to get 1k for the gold.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

MarcusSA posted:

Ok what’s the trick for fishing.

Not using nets because I’m trying to get 1k for the gold.

The only trick for manual fishing is to do it on Mobile, or risk a ban by using an auto-fish script.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Klungar posted:

The only trick for manual fishing is to do it on Mobile, or risk a ban by using an auto-fish script.

Ok drat I’m already doing it on mobile.

I’ve got a lot of tea saved up so that should help any of the bullshit fish.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

just keep tapping the right side of the slidey bar

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
They gave us those free meals a few weeks ago or whatever, I decided to try one out today. I of course did not look at before/after numbers so take this with a grain of salt but this was my strategy for mushroom stew (+10% mastery):

Gather Mega Beet Seeds over the past few days so I would have farm*grapejuice worth. Let my overnight crops finish. Hit the stew. Harvest, beet+grapejuice x4, then just did some fast crops.

This is obviously able to be further optimized with some overnight accumulation crafting like orchard stuff but I didn't think about that.

What are YOU PEOPLE doing?

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

H110Hawk posted:

They gave us those free meals a few weeks ago or whatever, I decided to try one out today. I of course did not look at before/after numbers so take this with a grain of salt but this was my strategy for mushroom stew (+10% mastery):

Gather Mega Beet Seeds over the past few days so I would have farm*grapejuice worth. Let my overnight crops finish. Hit the stew. Harvest, beet+grapejuice x4, then just did some fast crops.

This is obviously able to be further optimized with some overnight accumulation crafting like orchard stuff but I didn't think about that.

TBH I'm not, but I'd probably eat one of those before spamming 700 large nets to make fishing masteries go quicker.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kalman posted:

TBH I'm not, but I'd probably eat one of those before spamming 700 large nets to make fishing masteries go quicker.

Smart.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I checked buddy farm but I didn’t see that candy actually does anything?

I have like 400 candy in my inventory with nothing to do with it?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Kalman posted:

I'm a few floors from 70 so once I hit that I'm going to do just that and see if I can mop up some more fishing GMs.

Otherwise that 3x harvesting cookie is definitely going towards mega beets. Did we find out if it works if you use it at the very end of the night so you could effectively double your GJ uses during those 5 minutes?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Should I be bothering with personal requests? They kinda want a lot of poo poo for the rewards they give.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Should I be bothering with personal requests? They kinda want a lot of poo poo for the rewards they give.

If you dig through enough poo poo you will sometimes get quests that reward like 25 spiked shells or some other thing that's annoying to grind. And you use the peach juice for particularly bad quests (like those requiring items from those hard grinds)

Dancer
May 23, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

I am saving them for whenever I find myself being awake for the server reset (8 AM, I'm a late sleeper...) so I can double dip on the grape juice.

Also combine with spooky cookies.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm a few floors from 70 so once I hit that I'm going to do just that and see if I can mop up some more fishing GMs.

Otherwise that 3x harvesting cookie is definitely going towards mega beets. Did we find out if it works if you use it at the very end of the night so you could effectively double your GJ uses during those 5 minutes?

If it works like the Double Prizes perks then it just needs to be active when you harvest.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

~2000 potatoes and counting with no gold ones yet

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ugh, I spent all my gold on MB upgrades and am stuck at 140. Makes doing trades awkward.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

rafikki posted:

~2000 potatoes and counting with no gold ones yet

Hah was just going to ask if anyone had managed to grow one yet :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

monkeytennis posted:

Hah was just going to ask if anyone had managed to grow one yet :negative:

Finally got it a couple of hundred later.