Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

red19fire posted:

Hell yeah. Driving home the point he’s already calling the jury actors, the judge is a cabal employee, etc.

Is he allowed to say something along the lines of ‘what would happen if Alex sets his spotlight on you, the jurors?’ or is that implying a threat to a jury? I would imagine that’s against court rules, but also I would lose my mind if Jones’ listeners were stalking me.

That's...a very big concern. Something Koskoff brought up there in the end, that Jones has a team of body guards, but his victims do not. Questions to REALLY worry about : someone doxxing the jury a few months down the road...it's only 6 people, but if the families of the sandy hook victims were completely destroyed with even less REVENGE motive?

Yeah...that's...uh. I don't want to speculate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
goddamn it would be madding to be alex jones and have to hear your own stupid voice talking all day.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

LifeSunDeath posted:

goddamn it would be madding to be alex jones and have to hear your own stupid voice talking all day.

why do you think he drinks so much

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Faust IX posted:

That's...a very big concern. Something Koskoff brought up there in the end, that Jones has a team of body guards, but his victims do not. Questions to REALLY worry about : someone doxxing the jury a few months down the road...it's only 6 people, but if the families of the sandy hook victims were completely destroyed with even less REVENGE motive?

Yeah...that's...uh. I don't want to speculate.

Doxxing jurors is a federal crime.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Thomamelas posted:

Haha yeah because that stops those people from doing things and/or getting away with it

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
So are quite a few of the things Jones' followers have already done. The "we are pissing on your sons grave and we're digging up the casket" is probably the most horrific one, alongside Lafferty's half dozen rape threats.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

the judge has been talking long enough that I've totally lost track of what she's saying 5 times. how do they expect any jury to keep up to someone reading a massive document?

keep it simple: Jones ruined these people's lives who had already had their lives ruined. He profited MASSIVELY because of his behavior over a decade. Pay them.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

the judge has been talking long enough that I've totally lost track of what she's saying 5 times. how do they expect any jury to keep up to someone reading a massive document?

They get a copy in the room with them during deliberations luckily

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Thomamelas posted:

I have a feeling that anyone who has the raw nerve to do so doesn’t care if it’s immediate execution.

I really wonder how this is all going to end. I’m not expecting a Waco style disaster but I truly don’t have a good feeling.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

KitConstantine posted:

They get a copy in the room with them during deliberations luckily

oh dank.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
The thing here that makes this important is that CUTPA charge. Because it was included in the charge, you are going to end up seeing a stupid high number. And that's not something Jones can argue.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

teen witch posted:

I have a feeling that anyone who has the raw nerve to do so doesn’t care if it’s immediate execution.

I really wonder how this is all going to end. I’m not expecting a Waco style disaster but I truly don’t have a good feeling.

Alex barring the doors at infowars with his employees inside and starting a fire is the secret bonus good ending.

E: although a [i]The Shield/i] style ending where he has to do his show but only answer callers and shill brain pills forever so he can pay back a billion dollars in damages works too.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 6, 2022

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

teen witch posted:

I'm hoping for an "Alex Jones dies on the toilet after clogging it, and the clogged toilet floods the building so badly it has to be demolished" ending.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

RocketMermaid posted:

I'm hoping for an "Alex Jones dies on the toilet after clogging it, and the clogged toilet floods the building so badly it has to be demolished" ending.

dropped into a vat of skyline chili

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
I'm glad this judge has a sense of humor.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

dropped into a vat of skyline chili

The modern River Lethe

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah Alex Jones kind of ruined chili for me. And that really loving sucks, because it was such a good food.

Also, WELCOME TO THE FUN PART: the waiting.

This can either be a few hours, or a few days. To be very brutally honest, I fully expect the jury to come back before the weekend. It's just a matter of the number on that verdict.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'mma go ahead and say Price is Right rules 100 million dollars.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Faust IX posted:

Yeah Alex Jones kind of ruined chili for me. And that really loving sucks, because it was such a good food.

Also, WELCOME TO THE FUN PART: the waiting.

This can either be a few hours, or a few days. To be very brutally honest, I fully expect the jury to come back before the weekend. It's just a matter of the number on that verdict.

20 mins from now.
74 million.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
20 mil per person.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
666 million total, yknow, gotta rub it in

red19fire
May 26, 2010

One billion dollars, deliberations take 15 minutes :getin:

E: your honor, this is preposterous, it’s planke’s constant with a dollar sign.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 6, 2022

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

"We're sorry Your Honor, we can only reasonably express the amount of damages in exponential numbers."

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I think the jury returning damages fast would be in Jones's favor; if they're going to implement some real punative damages, then there's going to be a fair amount of back and forth on what the exact number should be. That could take a day or two.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Faust IX posted:

Chili rules and alex jones doesn't. You've got to separate the art from the artist.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jury returns shaken, disheveled, they all get dropped out of the matrix for an hour and realized it is all a simulation, but since money isn't real, they go ahead and award the families all of jones' money.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

RocketMermaid posted:

"We're sorry Your Honor, we can only reasonably express the amount of damages in exponential numbers."

question from the jury "judge, are we allowed to swear on these forms? Or would a string of poop emojis and angry faces be more appropriate?"

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

I think the jury returning damages fast would be in Jones's favor; if they're going to implement some real punative damages, then there's going to be a fair amount of back and forth on what the exact number should be. That could take a day or two.

I don't think there's anything Jones and his fanatics won't try to swing in his favor here. Jury returns too fast? Kangaroo court! Jury takes its time deliberating? Allies of Jones on the inside want real justice so it's time to appeal and continue the fight! I think the best thing is to just ignore whatever bleating he does until he crosses another default/contempt/first death sentence in civil court line.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

How drunk is jones at this very moment do you think?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
He drinks about 1000ml a day based on that surveillance video footage. So that drunk.

e: I guess that's just what gets caught on camera. I have no reason to believe that he stops drinking when away from the studio.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

RocketMermaid posted:

He doesn't deserve the dignity of going out the way Elvis did.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

drowned in toilet after passing out into his own vomit from getting too drunk

edit: pants around his ankles

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

How drunk is jones at this very moment do you think?

Drunk nothing, Jones is probably all the way down a k-hole given the way things are going right now.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RocketMermaid posted:

I don't think there's anything Jones and his fanatics won't try to swing in his favor here. Jury returns too fast? Kangaroo court! Jury takes its time deliberating? Allies of Jones on the inside want real justice so it's time to appeal and continue the fight! I think the best thing is to just ignore whatever bleating he does until he crosses another default/contempt/first death sentence in civil court line.

I wasn't talking about Jones's response because who gives a gently caress about that shithead and what he says. I was talking about wanting a speedy response from the jury. If they had emerged from the jury room today with a number in hand, it would be because they were doing effectively nothing to Jones. If they take a day or two, it's probably a good sign. If they take longer than that, then a lunatic has probably derailed the jury.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Your honor, we decided that in addition to all of the money generated by Alex Jones since Sandy Hook be awarded to the plaintiffs, that Alex Jones should also be forced to subside solely on the products he sells through his store for a period of no less than 1 year".

Or would that fall under "cruel and unusual torture"?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
they're back

e: just to confirm everything and I guess that's it for the day, see you tomorrow?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Random Stranger posted:

Hard to appeal a default. They'd have to show an error of law and when the error is that you're a dumbass, appeals courts aren't going to give you another shot.

Not only a default, a default because they would not stop loving off in discovery. It's like the one way to guarantee no judge will ever humor to an appeal.

Like if you get a default because you couldn't make the appearance date, that's one thing and you can (sometimes) find a sympathetic court. If you default because of active malice to standard court procedure you are going to get the brakes beaten off you.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

RocketMermaid posted:

As I said before, $Texas.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

teen witch posted:

I really wonder how this is all going to end.

If you mean this trial, I don't know. If you mean Alex Jones, I've had my money on "suicide by cop" for 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's going on with Jones's bankruptcy proceedings