Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Star Wars is such a lovely monster of a world. Few fantasy shows would get away with slapping a few extra horns on a sheep and call it an alien beast but it just loving works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
A whole farm full of Black Philips

Anita Dickinme posted:

Lmao this is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard on this here something awful forums.

you have clearly not been here very long, as this is patently an unridiculous statement!

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

Star Wars is such a lovely monster of a world. Few fantasy shows would get away with slapping a few extra horns on a sheep and call it an alien beast but it just loving works.

I just assumed those were sheep, just with two more horns than a Jacob's sheep. Not that crazy.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think anyone is going to betray the plan. It seems to me like they're relying on everyone doing what Lt. Gorn orders for their knowledge of the Imperials' movements - and if this meteor shower is anything like our light shows, someone's going to get bored and go back inside where they shouldn't be

Also, for preview and crass idpol reasons: the black guys won't be the traitor, the gay ladies won't be the traitor, Cassian can't be the traitor, the grouch was too detailed for me to think it's him, and the leftist would be the traitor if the show had Disney fingerprints all over it but we know he makes it out with Cassian

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 7, 2022

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
There won't be a betrayal. The whole point of the ISB stuff that only that blond lady is taking the nascent insurgency seriously so far. This is a story of a heist in the days before the Imps realised they even had a rebellion to try and infiltrate. But it's also the story of a heist by an unprepared and unsupported group of proto-rebels. The drama comes in the "can they do it?" not "who will gently caress them over?" side of things.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

/\/\
Woah jinx

I don't think we're yet at the moment where ISB types would be infiltrating the rebellion, so I think everyones a die hard and the real trouble is gonna come from mission complications, not a traitor.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I want Harlo to end up being something hilarious, like Harlo Palpatine, the Emperor's deadbeat cousin

He owns like six space dump trucks and acts like a big deal

Sash! fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 7, 2022

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

Lmao this is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard on this here something awful forums.

Give. How they generally just happen to go against anything that would benefit my race but will benefit themselves (look at the demographics) against their own ideology, yeah, thats how almost any of us see people spouting that ideology.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sash! posted:

I want Harlo to end up being something hilarious, like Harlo Palpatine, the Emperor's deadbeat cousin

Played by George Wendt, and we FINALLY get the Star Wars/Space Truckers crossover we've all been begging for all these decades :shobon:

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
I'm not sure if I missed something but the way Not Jude Law was acting around his mom I got the impression that she's delusional and Uncle Harlo doesn't exist.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

chitoryu12 posted:

These look like containers of credit chips, which are digital cash cards.

Those would be the pay rolls they're there to steal

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sash! posted:

He removes his trucker hat to reveal a third eye while bidding them dark greetings to the Mofference Annual Dinner Party

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Darth Brooks posted:

The empire must have amazing internet though. When the Falcon shows up at the Death Star having traveled thru hyperspace for a considerable amount of time it's immediately identified as "a freighter that blasted out of Tatoonie".

To be fair, that was a special circumstance. Vader had just hunted a rebel ship to Tatooine and lost the Death Star plans there, so anything unusual on the planet probably had super high priority.

Compared with any time the rebels stole a shuttle and flew around in it for ages.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I dont understand where the story with the space cop and his mom is going, but the rest of that episode was great. This show is a slow burn which is new for Star Wars. But each episode keeps you engaged, and that is really important.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I dont understand where the story with the space cop and his mom is going, but the rest of that episode was great. This show is a slow burn which is new for Star Wars. But each episode keeps you engaged, and that is really important.

The way I'm picturing it is basically space cop blames Cassian for the loss of his career so he's going after him himself for career redemption, because he's incredibly pathetic. Take the L, bud.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I’m assuming he can’t figure out what to do, so he’s decided to become Inspector Javert.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Sash! posted:

Harlo Xizor.

3 posted:

The Imperial New Order has been described as a secular state religion, basically a perverse and fanatical upholding of the state and emperor above all else.

Great, now I'm imagining Imp fanatics talking about Jar Jar and Palpatine with the same adoration as Americans and the Founding Fathers.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

jar jar is definitely hamilton

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

He's going to kill his mother and wear her face by the end of the season.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"no sign of forced entry or exit, no sign of robbery. just an old woman stuffed with galaxy puffs. in my 27 years, jenkins, i've never seen anything like it"

*jenkins vomits*

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

I said come in! posted:

If he ends up becoming a major antagonist, this episode is setting up why he's so driven in pursuit of Andor, along with why he's got a weird cop brain in the first place.

I really enjoyed the slow pace of the episode; it feels like I really care how the heist is going to go off, and all it took was giving us some time to dwell on all the major participants. It's great to have star wars media that has the restraint to not just rush headfirst into the action scenes.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Cassian calling out everyone for wanting to use him as an excuse to back out might be my favorite scene for that character.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I thought payroll meant like paperwork and invoices and such with a load of intelligence on imperial operations but am I to understand it’s actually a bit space ship full of money?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
What’s a heist without a vault full of money?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I remain in awe of how badly Diet Fash hosed himself. He personally destroyed an entire interstellar corporation; who in god's name would want him as an employee?

Uncle Harlo is likely a smuggler looking to use Syril's corpo security knowledge to evade blockades. Harlo might even work for Saw. I think we'll see Syril run into Cassian as a fellow criminal, then try to rat him out to the Imperials.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Tom Tucker posted:

I thought payroll meant like paperwork and invoices and such with a load of intelligence on imperial operations but am I to understand it’s actually a bit space ship full of money?

Er yeah I was taking it to mean like a list of everyone in the sector who is on Imperial books, so all their spies and contacts on top of the regular grunts and command etc but your interpretation along with the visuals makes more sense

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tom Tucker posted:

Yeah that was my assumption too until hearing the More Civilized gang talk about it. I guess there needs to be a form of cash money profit in it or the rebellion won't be able to sustain itself much longer.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Squidster posted:

Uncle Harlo is likely a smuggler looking to use Syril's corpo security knowledge to evade blockades. Harlo might even work for Saw. I think we'll see Syril run into Cassian as a fellow criminal, then try to rat him out to the Imperials.

lol this is an insanely unlikely theory but I'm on board. not fond of him rising up the imperial ranks or being a randall from Recess

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

stev posted:

Yeah that was my assumption too until hearing the More Civilized gang talk about it. I guess there needs to be a form of cash money profit in it or the rebellion won't be able to sustain itself much longer.

The other part of the Rebellion that we've seen, Mon Mothma and Luthen, are trying really hard to finance the Rebellion without people getting caught and shot out behind the chemical shed. drat right it's cash money they heist team is after, Luthen is covering his bases. At some point we'll find out how that money is being spent; Hera and Ahsoka are both characters who could turn up in S2.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I want space prez to end up teaching at a Coruscanti inner-city middle school.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Theft of the quarterly payroll" is a really common heist trope.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

3 posted:

I want space prez to end up teaching at a Coruscanti inner-city middle school.

running a school in a disadvantaged neighborhood of coruscant for 2 years, using the tax credit to fund terrorism

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

i say swears online posted:

"no sign of forced entry or exit, no sign of robbery. just an old woman stuffed with galaxy puffs. in my 27 years, jenkins, i've never seen anything like it"

*jenkins vomits*

The Chief Inspector actually landed on his feet and is now the Deputy Ops of BaltimoreCoruscant.

"No. It wasn't a murder, it was a suicide. If it was a murder, it means somebody was killed and the security personal weren't there to stop it. The Security Personal we don't have to man the security booths we're not operating despite being budgeted for. And if we're not using them, they'll cut our budget. And if they cut our budget, it means we have less security. Do we understand, Lieutenant?"

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I kinda suspect our useless space fash is on some kind of long redemption arc where he'll first end up unwittingly aiding the Rebellion before sacrificing himself for it sometime down the line.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Uncle harlo: “you never were one for law enforcement. You belong

In podracing”

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
my guess is that his uncle gets him like a data entry job at the isb, where he ends up overhearing meero talk about the box theft. definitely some kind of redemption arc long term tho.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

i say swears online posted:

*jenkins vomits*

Give me The Wire on Coruscant with Space Bunk pissed out of his gourd rolling up to crime scenes. A unit goes after spice and death stick dealers, follow the credits all the way to the Senate then they all get killed horribly for embarrassing Xizor and Mas Amedda or something.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm kind of hoping for there not to be a redemption arc for Karn, or at least not one we as viewers are sympathetic to, so we can have a moment where he finally confronts Cassian and berates him for ruining his life and Cassian doesn't even remember him because he saw his face for less than a minute once.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I'm presuming the reason he's on Coruscant is so that ISB lady can find him without the story looking too silly and offer him a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sash! posted:

Wilhuff "Harlo" Tarkin