Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

kiimo posted:

Having seen this movie I'm enjoying this thread.

The holder of the forbidden knowledge of Pratt Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

DarkSol posted:

I'll be disappointed if the Toads don't sound like how they do in Sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14CCqJ0_mO0

kiimo posted:

Having seen this movie I'm enjoying this thread.

How is it?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
We don't know the plot yet, maybe Bowser has stolen Mario's rear end and he has to go on a quest to get it back

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The antique store selling pixelated items from Mario 3 is kinda cute :kiddo:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm dying to know what Pratt's Mario sounds like.

Weirdly enough, I'll be fine with Charlie Day using his own voice for Luigi. It's not an accurate voice but in my head it fits.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Inzombiac posted:

Weirdly enough, I'll be fine with Charlie Day using his own voice for Luigi. It's not an accurate voice but in my head it fits.

Yeah, that's the thing. Charlie Day as Luigi? It's weird, but I can picture it in my mind's eye. I have never heard Anya Taylor-Joy's voice in my life, but like, they never do anything real out there with women's voices in these animated movies. Jack Black as Bowser was perfectly formed in my head before you finished the sentence.

But Chris Pratt as Mario...

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

It will sound exactly like every other Chris Pratt character hth

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe he surprises everyone like how Bradley Cooper came out of nowhere with an awesome Rocket Raccoon but I'm just expecting Chris Pratt's regular voice. Best I can hope for is that he sing-talks all of Mario's lines like he's performing a Mouserat song.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You can not trust my tainted opinion

(I really liked it and laughed out loud at my desk at parts)

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Do y'all not remember the Pixels controversy?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol I told you you couldn't trust me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dillbag posted:

Do y'all not remember the Pixels controversy?

:lol: I've seen worse but yeah, that was funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It wouldn't really be a shocker if it's good.

Everyone got hung up on the Pratt voice thing, but it's being made by Illumination and some directors with strong resumes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Mario telling Luigi "love the sinner, hate the sin" while giving him a hug.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

kiimo posted:

How is his butt in motion?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

zenintrude posted:

Again, you can't trust their opinions on taints.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

zenintrude posted:

Because of this I have had lyrics for “Doin The Butt (Sexy Sexy)” going through my head all day

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

zenintrude posted:

I thought you meant it's following you around the room like the Mona Lisa

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
what's the funniest outcome of the Mario movie; it releases and is hated so much that it kills video game movies for another 30 years again or its beloved so much that it manages to kill Sonics only source of revenue again

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Personally I think the funniest outcome is Illumination bows to pressure on Assgate and we have to change all our marketing material that's already locked.

*did I say funny I meant hellscape

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

It wouldn't really be a shocker if it's good.

Everyone got hung up on the Pratt voice thing, but it's being made by Illumination and some directors with strong resumes.

I hope it's good too, but man if Illumination's track record isn't just sequel after sequel of passable entries these days.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do we have enough evidence to go on from the games that Mario's butt is indeed inaccurate?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Years of the ground pound maneuver would make that backside thick af

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

worms butthole guy posted:

what's the funniest outcome of the Mario movie; it releases and is hated so much that it kills video game movies for another 30 years again or its beloved so much that it manages to kill Sonics only source of revenue again

Right now this has "boringly competent" written all over it. I'd be shocked if anything interesting happens outside of the extremely mid controversy of Chris Pratt voicing an Italian with insufficiently large buttocks

Hell, even the Sonic movie managed to bounce back from what initially seemed like a PR trainwreck. These things are too big to fail.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mario's rear end is flat.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Lemming posted:

Right now this has "boringly competent" written all over it. I'd be shocked if anything interesting happens outside of the extremely mid controversy of Chris Pratt voicing an Italian with insufficiently large buttocks

Hell, even the Sonic movie managed to bounce back from what initially seemed like a PR trainwreck. These things are too big to fail.

I think we have our answer now lol

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Its here, his butt in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPpazvJrHm0

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
genuinely surprised brooklyn mario is back

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
It looks cute! Something I can watch with my toddler and not want to kill myself.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I guess I never realized how important penguins were to the Mario franchise… so important that you’d front load your first look trailer with them rather than say, anything else from the series.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Okay, I guess it's basically confirmed that the animation studio thinks Americans won't see an animated film unless it has a celebrity voice as the lead. The French version of the movie, Mario sounds exactly like Mario.

https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/...harles-martinet

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow that’s way better! :lol:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The reason they hire celebrity faces instead of voice actors is because their actual job is to promote the film and they need to be in the cast in order to do that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

Wow that’s way better! :lol:

Seriously. Other than the lack of accent trailer looked fine. Appreciate they actually tried to have jokes rather than just a barrage of pop culture references.
I mean seems like they actually tried to make a kids movie rather than just a cheap cash grab, so I mean that's nice. :shrug:

Anyway where's our god drat Lemmings movie you fucks!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is there an Italian trailer?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Chief posted:

Is there an Italian trailer?

Yep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4KBwtG_ei8&t=1s

Mario's accent in it, unsurprisingly excellent!

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

The reason they hire celebrity faces instead of voice actors is because their actual job is to promote the film and they need to be in the cast in order to do that.

Celebrities promote all sorts of things they have nothing to do with all the time. Just need a bold enough innovator to apply that to a film.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm going to hire celebrities on Cameo to promote my films. Think of the savings

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Chris Pratt and company will be traveling the world to promote this thing, in places where their voices won't actually be heard in the film. All we need to do is bring that practice home to America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They should do the classic B-film trick and hire an actual celebrity, preferably a semi-retired aging one, but only for at most one day of shooting so they're in the film for less than five minutes but are top billed on all posters.

Hire Chris Pratt but have him voice Morton Koopa Jr. in one (1) scene, pay him 25% of the budget, and then use him to promote the film as if he's the star while having unknown voice actors in all the lead roles.