Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They really should’ve just got Danny DeVito high as poo poo and showed him pictures of Mario games and recorded his reactions as Mario’s lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

a.lo posted:

But right at the end just before he saves the day

He will go "It is I, Mario!"

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They really should’ve just got Danny DeVito high as poo poo and showed him pictures of Mario games and recorded his reactions as Mario’s lines

Still rooting for surprise DeVito as Wario

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
You know what game involving two brothers who are plumbers in New York would be better suited to Chris Pratt?

THAT'S RIGHT

https://youtu.be/pDkqQjyI6FY

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh man, once the DVD releases you can just take the Mario's voice from the Italian dub and edit it into the English version, perfect

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mister Facetious posted:

You know what game involving two brothers who are plumbers in New York would be better suited to Chris Pratt?

THAT'S RIGHT

https://youtu.be/pDkqQjyI6FY
That game rules. They released it on GOG a couple years ago I should replay it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

American McGay posted:

That game rules. They released it on GOG a couple years ago I should replay it.

Pro tip: never recruit Molotov troopers :supaburn:

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Don't pick up that Koopa shell, it's fulla loads

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
:toot:

Funnily, I didn't even check Wario64 today. I just woke up and refreshed the Nintendo store page like I do daily and had to do a double-take at how the button no longer read "Sold out". I made drat sure to jump on it before the website imploded from traffic, and just gave Nintendo a call now to make sure that the order went through (it did).

Two controllers is (even more) pricey in CAD, but it's a worthwhile investment for one of two reasons: either I'll have a spare for if the control stick degrades, or I'll have my brother's Christmas present all sorted.

Relatedly, NowInStock was useless. Someone posted about N64 Controller availability in the widget chat, but the website itself wasn't updated to notify anyone. I'm very glad I hedged my bets by having both NowInStock and Nintendo's website open at all times.

...Anyway, I have just one thing to post about the Mario movie:

This may or may not have been my expression when I ordered the controllers.
Also that Bowser castle is loving awesome.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/kriswolfheart/status/1574210151204016129

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hatty posted:

Worst case scenario is that its a massive hit and Chris Pratt voices Mario in perpetuity and all the games look like the movie

On what system? Certainly won't be the Switch or whatever successor Nintendo makes since they aren't likely to ditch the hybrid setup or try to compete on tech with Sony and Microsoft.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Watching this Pokemon trailer and wow all these Pokemon look really low poly and low res

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm excited to see the worldbuilding in the Mario movie. Even that sequence with Bowser invading the penguin palace made me go 'wow, put that world in a game!'

This sounds like new Mario Kart 8 DLC.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Someone monkey's paw me a version of the trailer where All Star starts up when Bowser exits his ship, Shrek style

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope they keep it simple and do just Mario Bros. vs Bowser as the entire arc and don't pull a fakeout halfway through where there's a greater evil power and Mario and Bowser team up to defeat it.

Save that poo poo for the sequel.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

We should get a Mario movie tie in but made by somebody else. Let loving EA do it or something.

Mario finally makes it multi platform, but with Chris Pratt, microtransactions and maybe the Toads are racist I dunno

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Asterite34 posted:

It does make me wonder. Assuming that for Hollywood reasons you couldn't just have Charles Martinet doing the falsetto WAHOO! voice for a whole movie (which, as much as I love Charles Martinet, I will concede would get kinda grating after the half-hour mark), who would you want to cast as the voice of Mario?

I feel Will Farrell could pull it off, if you wanna be in a comedic kids cartoon movie wheelhouse?

Robert McElhenney as Mario is the only correct answer.

Charlie is Luigi and Mac is Mario, it's the perfect combination.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Watching this Pokemon trailer and wow all these Pokemon look really low poly and low res

it looks so incredible

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i cant wait lol

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
As tired and as suspect as Chris Pratt is, this is probably what they were looking for. Pratt doing a typically solid, if low effort Pratt voice, and typical Pratt is all that they probably wanted. And a typical Pratt voice is probably better than what we were expecting, a terrible Pratt Pratt Pratt Pratt Pratt Pratt :suicide:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

watch mario throw a penguin off a cliff

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

watch mario throw a penguin off a cliff

My guess is that Bowser is going to dangle the king penguin over a cliff and one of the penguins is gonna reveal where they're hiding the star in order to save the king

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Macaluso posted:

My guess is that Bowser is going to dangle the king penguin over a cliff and one of the penguins is gonna reveal where they're hiding the star in order to save the king

This would honestly be a great Easter egg/reference

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I didnt watch the trailer, and wont ever watch it, cuz im 30 and have no desire to watch a childrens movie

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

American McGay posted:

I hope they keep it simple and do just Mario Bros. vs Bowser as the entire arc and don't pull a fakeout halfway through where there's a greater evil power and Mario and Bowser team up to defeat it.

Save that poo poo for the sequel.

They wouldn't team up, bit i can totally see Bowser teaming up/exploiting a mysterious newcomer, a la robotnik and Knuckles in Sonic 2

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I skipped Sw/Sh but this one actually looks pretty fun.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I skipped Sw/Sh but this one actually looks pretty fun.

sw/sh is really fun. u skipped a really good one .

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

however this appears to be swoshi++R ACcent Core.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Huxley posted:

Alan Tudyk, proves my point, because I didn't even realize he was in Frozen until just now.

Alan Tudyk got on my radar once I figured out who he voiced in Wreck It Ralph.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

mandatory lesbian posted:

I didnt watch the trailer, and wont ever watch it, cuz im 30 and have no desire to watch a childrens movie

The Nintendo switch is a children's console for children

Checkmage atheists

E: oh neat typo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

romanowski posted:

why do people hate chris pratt again?

He once gave away his old cat on twitter because it had incontinence issues and he didn't want it in the house anymore when he was gonna have a kid, and doubled down on defending this when called out for it.

Then a few years later, him and his wife adopted a dog, including signing an agreement not to rehome it. It was later found abandoned and sickly wandering the streets, as they'd apparently given it away and moved out of state, and whoever they gave it to didn't look after it properly.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

just like Mario

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Yeah, after decades of Mario being a mostly-silent protagonist, keeping it that way would've been the only real way to not have it feel weird, and I feel like that wouldn't have been very conducive to a movie.

Bargaining phase

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
They should've had Mario voiced my the most Italian man in history: Danny DeVito.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They should've had Mario voiced my the most Italian man in history: Danny DeVito.

They gave Danny DeVito a gun

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If only James Gandolfini were alive to turn down playing Mario

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mister Facetious posted:

They gave Danny DeVito a gun

They did the same for Mario

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

He's gonna be Wario in the post-credits scene.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

There's a non-zero chance that Chris Pratt at one point, says, sheepishly, "It's, uh, me.... Mario."

Also, his look and reaction of wonder was definitely a "just came from the real world and is now in the mushroom kingdom for the first time" situation. Definitely not a 'he used to be real/live action/a game player'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

They did the same for Mario

Twice in fact since the sequel to the Rabbids game is coming out this month (3 times if you count Yoshi’s Safari on the SNES)