Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I love how I keep finding NEW THINGS and NEW KEYWORDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

CainFortea posted:

I love how I keep finding NEW THINGS and NEW KEYWORDS

I can't stop myself, I'm probably supposed to be fixing bugs but I just added the most complex keyword yet to my dev version-

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Tann posted:

I can't stop myself, I'm probably supposed to be fixing bugs but I just added the most complex keyword yet to my dev version-

I'd it just the effect, or the effect plus keywords? Either way seems cool!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

At least at low levels, the orange heroes seem to be by far the weakest. Loads of 3 blanks, with not much to make up for it

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I have no idea what the purpose of the void item could be.

Also turns out it's a little hard to do the "beat the final boss with no items" cheevo if you get a "must be equipped" item. At least it happened on like the third room or something.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Nighthand posted:

I have no idea what the purpose of the void item could be.

I like making the same joke over and over with t0 items hehe. They mostly do nothing, this one literally does nothing. I made it by mistake when I broke some other item and I thought it looked funny so kept it as a t0.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Tann posted:

You've got a very "everything including the kitchen sink" style of game design and I'm here for it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

So, I had Three-of-a-kind on the Caldera in that screen cap, which gave the triple keyword to the heart there. "Triple: x3 if this has the same value as the 2 previously-used dice this turn". I tried using the other two dice that are 2 pip but the heart wouldn't get tripled. Am I not reading this right?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

In that screenshot the heart side doesn't actually have triple (it should be a small 3 in the bottom left corner). Are you sure it didn't get removed through like, an item interaction?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Arzaac posted:

In that screenshot the heart side doesn't actually have triple (it should be a small 3 in the bottom left corner). Are you sure it didn't get removed through like, an item interaction?

I'm not and I lost that run in the next fight so I have no way of checking.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, the more I think about it, I think what happened is that you put the Three-Of-A-Kind in item slot 1 and an item that gave Caldera the heart side in item slot 2. Meaning, you modified the existing side with triple...and then replaced it entirely with a Heal 2 Vitality.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

CainFortea posted:

I'm not and I lost that run in the next fight so I have no way of checking.
You can check the item ordering in run history (book->stats->history)
Plus if you have paste mode unlocked then post a paste here, then people can load up into your situation and see :)

Arzaac is probably correct, this trips up a lot of people. I used to make it try to guess the best order to apply effects in but now it just does it in equipment order (top to bottom).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yup. That was it.

Also when trying to get to this screen I was in a run, so I hit save.

God I love this game.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

distortion park posted:

Really enjoying the game. Doesn't feel like it has quite the depth or flexibility of StS or Into the Breach, but those are basically perfect games so can't hold it against it. Maybe when I get better I'll notice more combo opportunities etc

i think i actually like s&d more than ItB. i have both on my phone, but it somehow feels easier to pop open and play a bit. less emotionally/mentally taxing, somehow, but scratching the same itch

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Scoundrel suuuuucks. Mate you got 4 blank sides, and one of the others is 1 damage no effect. Gtfo

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
One of the goated things about snd is that it boots so fast and runs great. Feels super snappy too. I do dream of a one handed vertical mode ......

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I feel like scoundrel works out okay most of the time because (a)it's early game and things probably aren't tough yet, (b)vulnerability is truly a really good keyword, and (c)any items that add sides make him rocket upwards in usefulness.

...but yeah even then I'd rather have any of the other rogues. :v:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Loving the new update, but I DO think it's harder - I could usually beat Normal before, and had a decent chance at Hard, but in several hours of play on the new update I've beaten Normal only once.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Any chance of an iOS version? I would gladly pay more to offset Apple’s cut.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

eonblue174 posted:

One of the goated things about snd is that it boots so fast and runs great. Feels super snappy too. I do dream of a one handed vertical mode ......

Yeah so many mobile games don't stick with me because I can't just pop and instead have to spend 20+ seconds on a loading screen and waiting on menu animations before I can play.

Also, I know what you mean about one handed mode
(that dreamy spiker...)

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Scoundrel is cool because it can become a juggler. Jugglers kick rear end.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Managed to unlock that suicide achievement. Winning with everyone dead was fun.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ilmucche posted:

Scoundrel suuuuucks. Mate you got 4 blank sides, and one of the others is 1 damage no effect. Gtfo

Wait until you see Statue.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Statue's great, I've taken it a few times and always get an item or two which makes their dice useful through replacing blank sides.

The best statue combo was I got an item which turned blanks to mana and another item which increased the value of any sides with a matching side, by the number of matches.

So basically I got 6 mana a turn just from Statue.

Really, really enjoying the update. In terms of difficulty I find Hexia trickier now because of the mana burn addition, and my one fight with Bramble so far was probably unwinnable with the characters I had. But overall my win rate is probably just as high if not higher, on normal at least. Only just beginning to dabble with Hard and other modes.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Statue looks bad but it does feel good when it takes like 10 targeted damage in a turn and you can just go all out offense.

e: now that I've played Hard some more I'm loving it. The curses are such a great difficulty modifier, and make every run unique. Feels like they have a really wide range though, Sniper on turn 3 is nothing compared to + 1 mana on every spell or the Heroes decay one.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 7, 2022

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Mana burn is a great addition on hexia. She was to be much easier than dragon if you had decent spells and now I'd say she's slightly harder depending on team comp. Venom still the floor 20 mvp

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I like the T0 item that gives you +1 growth and +1 decay. If you stick it on Myco the decay doesn't stack, so you always have a 3 mana side.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Miftan posted:

Mana burn is a great addition on hexia. She was to be much easier than dragon if you had decent spells and now I'd say she's slightly harder depending on team comp. Venom still the floor 20 mvp

I did a custom party and ended up with 3 venoms on floor 20. It was neato

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

I like the T0 item that gives you +1 growth and +1 decay. If you stick it on Myco the decay doesn't stack, so you always have a 3 mana side.

Snake Oil, which doubles incoming healing at full health, can be combined with the item that turns overheals into shields to make a meaty tank. Not sure if there are any good natural pristine sides to combo it with since it eats up both item slots, but it's something.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

The Aguamoose posted:

Statue's great, I've taken it a few times and always get an item or two which makes their dice useful through replacing blank sides.

The best statue combo was I got an item which turned blanks to mana and another item which increased the value of any sides with a matching side, by the number of matches.

So basically I got 6 mana a turn just from Statue.

Lol, I literally just opened this thread to post this picture and be like "hey I finally made Statue useful!"

It's good poo poo

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

distortion park posted:

Statue looks bad but it does feel good when it takes like 10 targeted damage in a turn and you can just go all out offense.

e: now that I've played Hard some more I'm loving it. The curses are such a great difficulty modifier, and make every run unique. Feels like they have a really wide range though, Sniper on turn 3 is nothing compared to + 1 mana on every spell or the Heroes decay one.

I got my first Hard win after 20+ runs with that +1 spell modifier! The trick is to luck into the Cultist/Fiend/Warlock and Thimble combo so you have mana coming out your ears :v:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I got the mirror mask thing for my statue just before the final boss. Prior to that it was rolling with just Worn Arms.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah statue owns, it's like a blank canvas you can do whatever you want with(items permitting). Kinda makes me want a taunt mechanic or item.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
There is that flag item that taunts, right?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

dhamster posted:

There is that flag item that taunts, right?

As well as several grey champion skills, yeah. The flag needs to be unlocked iirc

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Incidentally, thinking of weird grey heroes, I absolutely love the twins. My last run I didn't even have them equipped with great items, just worn arms and simplicity, and even there they dish out 4-6 combined shields/damage per turn. You could get some great use out of them with like, Broadsword + Triple Shuriken for example.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Haven't played this myself (I don't even like holding phones) but one of my friends won't stop raving about it and the other quietly plays it quite frequently.

Good job!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Arzaac posted:

Incidentally, thinking of weird grey heroes, I absolutely love the twins. My last run I didn't even have them equipped with great items, just worn arms and simplicity, and even there they dish out 4-6 combined shields/damage per turn. You could get some great use out of them with like, Broadsword + Triple Shuriken for example.

I had a recent run with Emerald Mirror and twins. 3 iron helms, 3 eucalyptus + infiniheal. I was invincible.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Haven't played this myself (I don't even like holding phones) but one of my friends won't stop raving about it and the other quietly plays it quite frequently.

Good job!

You can get it for PC if you wanna! :buddy:

incidentally, I got my dad into this game and now he plays it all the time on his tablet too.

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

someone awful. posted:

You can get it for PC if you wanna! :buddy:

incidentally, I got my dad into this game and now he plays it all the time on his tablet too.

I have it on my phone and my tablet. I was considering installing it on my desktop but I actually have to get some work done at some point.