Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
God we are going to wreck such a nice killcount.

The battle for zepath not having been on screen makes me more eager for battle.

i guess the kavodelians are feeling the same, while the zepathans would really prefer to be left alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Bats are order Chiroptera:

Chiroptians

Underbats

Deepbats

Batmokt

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i don't understand why we are plotting against our allies and citizens of under kavodel, come to lend their aid after killing a bnaimokt force that was en route underground

the bat dragon's clothing is important because he is dressed in a priest's robes and carrying a symbol of smattas. he is the priest of the temple under kavodel had, approved by the cohen

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
We shot hootie for less, arrow that demon

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Do not use the eagle arrow unless it becomes apparent that the giant bat... the Gat, is immune to mundane arrows. I want to save the eagle arrow for shooting the procurator in the dick.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

SerSpook posted:

i don't understand why we are plotting against our allies and citizens of under kavodel, come to lend their aid after killing a bnaimokt force that was en route underground

the bat dragon's clothing is important because he is dressed in a priest's robes and carrying a symbol of smattas. he is the priest of the temple under kavodel had, approved by the cohen

I know right. Smdh

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I think we can get enough clues to discern if their intent is to attack or parley.

Does snarls smell bnaimokt because of their armor or are more in the tunnel?

Try and see the status of this group with our eagle vision. Is this truly an army or another refugee convoy? Maybe their civilian are a bit in the back or not part of this group

That's dude has an angel wing. Its time to ask them their lineage and allegiance. We get to be on the other side! So exciting.

Its a good thing we have professional poets and artist to capture the very first time in recent memory we ally with a monster civ.

The very first thing we try our new post jubilee body with our entire people watching will be to dance the dance of friendship.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 7, 2022

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Bathemoth

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

...and lest we forget, which we did... we need to describe what the largest "bat" is wearing. The hour was late and we forgot it. We'll get to that tomorrow.

Also if you can come up with some names between now and then it would be appreciated! What do you call these things when talking to people? Which is how we'll refer to them. Serious names please, something you can quickly communicate to others and which they will understand, not puns or jokes.

By El! Is that... is that Samsons Music?!

---

As for names, what about Blinders for the eyeless goblinoids, Blindwyrms for the larger bat-monsters and Armoules for the mounts?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

By El! Is that... is that Samsons Music?!

---

As for names, what about Blinders for the eyeless goblinoids, Blindwyrms for the larger bat-monsters and Armoules for the mounts?

holy poo poo

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Well, this loving sucks, we dithered too long and let a couple of dread beasts and a grunt army get the drop on us. We need to get on the front foot immediately here and set the terms of the battle- a bit of crowd control with Mercy before the enemy gets too close would probably be a solid move to make here.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

pablo gbscobar posted:

Well, this loving sucks, we dithered too long and let a couple of dread beasts and a grunt army get the drop on us. We need to get on the front foot immediately here and set the terms of the battle- a bit of crowd control with Mercy before the enemy gets too close would probably be a solid move to make here.

We waited just long enough that Enkidel with his special eyes could get a real look, at the edge of the horizon

I like Armoles and Mologs (mole dogs)

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Oh hey, these must be ogars norcs. Looks like he's been tangling with fare too.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Snarls, do you still smell metal bugs or was it the armor those creatures are wearing?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SerSpook posted:

holy poo poo

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I'm perpetually fascinated by the kind of being which, when faced with the ability to create literally anything, just sticks to the bat as a template.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Well, poo poo. Looks like Ahaz was right after all, it would have been better to wait and split our forces between the perimeter and the interior.

We’re not getting out of this one without spending a huge chunk of nephesh to empower the civilians close to the perimeter enough that they can take on mooks with makeshift weapons. Unless we can straight-up murk the bat-dragon with lightning or similar and cause the rest to flee.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

Well, poo poo. Looks like Ahaz was right after all, it would have been better to wait and split our forces between the perimeter and the interior.

We’re not getting out of this one without spending a huge chunk of nephesh to empower the civilians close to the perimeter enough that they can take on mooks with makeshift weapons. Unless we can straight-up murk the bat-dragon with lightning or similar and cause the rest to flee.

Nah we got this. Our mighty men can absolutely wreck this force, unless their objective is "kill civilians ignoring all losses" which is not usually how military forces behave. Their goal is probably to smash our military and take the juicy blood scarifies.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm not going to be goaded by diog into a bullshit fight, only when it is revealed that the Bigba is actually a total rear end in a top hat and not just looks like a jerk will I commit to mega violence.

Pretty sure we have a slight possibility of talking our way out of this, or by physically wrasslin the boss into submission

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Maybe these guys are the refugees that Zepath gave shelter to all those years ago.

They're just going "hey guys, waaaaait up!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Could be, could be. They can live in the cave no problem obviously.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Bat But Big clearly heard our ascension and is coming to pay tribute to his new God.

Hopefully we can turn him into worshipping El.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Don’t instant kill the boss and leave nothing for our men to vent their stress.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Do our war powers give us any knowledge about crafting bows?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I think we were told that we got a mild increase in our sword making skills and no other smithing/building buffs.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Thoughts:

1) I love Lefkandi 10x more now. And I already loved him.

2) Crap

3) Obviously these beings are....Batmen.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Ask Puabi for the name of the animal and the riders

Don’t make poo poo up if we don’t need to.

If the names are too complicated we can invent something.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

……wait.

We’ve seen that “many” of these things wield crude clubs or spears, implying that many also don’t. Do any of them look like they could be civilians, e.g. by carrying things other than weapons or armour?

It’s theoretically possible this is the underground civilisation beneath Zepath that we previously coexisted peacefully with, that they’re evacuating along with us, and that this doesn’t have to be a (very costly) fight. It’s not likely, but I’ll grasp at any straw I can find right now.

e: Also worth noting that if this is the underground civilisation beneath Zepath, then they are in possession of infinite loving neurotoxin for those crude weapons.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

They didn’t carry parley flag, so we meet them with sword.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

FoxTerrier posted:

Thoughts:

1) I love Lefkandi 10x more now. And I already loved him.

If Lefkandi isn't a secret melachim theb he should become one.

Also holy poo poo to be so smart you can convert your body size into equal children body volumes under threat is amazing. He must live long enough to throw the leaders of the Acadmey into the streets.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
These are cave creatures and bats. Theyre weak to bright lights and loud noises.

Get everyone chanting "El, King of the world" in unison while drumming their shields.

Set bright pyres to blind the trogs.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

pumpinglemma posted:

……wait.

We’ve seen that “many” of these things wield crude clubs or spears, implying that many also don’t. Do any of them look like they could be civilians, e.g. by carrying things other than weapons or armour?

It’s theoretically possible this is the underground civilisation beneath Zepath that we previously coexisted peacefully with, that they’re evacuating along with us, and that this doesn’t have to be a (very costly) fight. It’s not likely, but I’ll grasp at any straw I can find right now.

e: Also worth noting that if this is the underground civilisation beneath Zepath, then they are in possession of infinite loving neurotoxin for those crude weapons.

kill their women and children before they hit ours, i like your thinking comrade

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I propose we head out with the aural version of a flag of parley.

:fart:

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Arkanomen posted:

These are cave creatures and bats. Theyre weak to bright lights and loud noises.

Get everyone chanting "El, King of the world" in unison while drumming their shields.

Set bright pyres to blind the trogs.

None of them have any eyes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Making a shitton of noise might be a good idea though

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Trogs riding Skogs while the Blyats commans the Biggats under the command of Batticus Maximus

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

No-Glasses-Cat riding Scale-Cat while Batcat command under Big Batcat.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I wonder if we can slightly use our order domain to get everyone to slam their shield into their weapon at the same time, over and over. That should get pretty loud? And get everyone pumped AF.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

We will get to questions, and get some options up within a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Archers to continuously pelt the area outside of our ranks with barrage fire and otherwise target incoming threats.

We need to intercept Batticus Maximus and keep its mayhem contained away from our people. A big raging one on one tumbling through its ranks would be pretty sweet. MERCY our way into the ranks, do a backflip off of the end of Mercy to get directly above Batticus Maximus and ride that bastard to the ground with our sword lodged in its CNS.