Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Astel gets some better armour – His sword is already teir 2.

I'm able to properly buff Graylee – he artifact bow is now what it once was.

Lynn's bow also gets a boost.

I'm low on materials and have to spend legacy points to get Lark some better armour. All in all, the younger members are all ready to fight.

Yvilde has lost the ability to use her bow, and now has a crossbow. She will be retiring at the end of the chapter, unless we speed through it. At least the frog head allows her to keep her youthful looks!

Rath will be around for the final chapter it looks like, unless we take a huge amount of time on this one.

Ciara is retiring, but as we have a huge number of ingots, I still boost her armour.

The flashback gives us a name for our blue eyed Morthagi, and shows us what has most likley happened to Fawn.

Immortality, but at what cost?

It is time for the Gryphons of the Copperpot myth to save the realm.

The map has expanded once more, and we need to clear the Morthagi bases, then assault the dam.

The Dam is easy enough to find.

But we also have the ability to recruit a new hero – do we, and if so, what class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
aaaaa

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 5, 2022

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

We lost a warrior to retirement, so let's replace him.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Alpha, Rita's eecaped! Recruit a team of teenagers with attitude! Or at the very least, have a decent swordhand.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We need a new mage

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Slaan posted:

We need a new mage

i change my vote to mage

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Recruit a new mage. Might as well bring in more magic.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

More magic, more better

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Mage.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Warrior

Unless Grey is building specifically for it, running multiple mages is generally awful, as not every map has enough scenery to interfuse with. On the other hand, he arguably is already building that way, as one of his mages is Rath, who at this point almost certainly doesn't need to interfuse with anything, and could probably just thunder-god his way through things. It's pretty easy to get mages skills where they don't need to interfuse with things, but I haven't really noticed that many being picked up.

Meanwhile, we're down a warrior, our other warrior lost their two handed weapon, and our third warrior is also going to retire at the end of the chapter. Morthagi are beefy enemies, too, and the big ones hit hard. Warriors are really handy.

So get a Warrior, give them the first two handed weapon you can find.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

While I'm all for magic and mysticism, Warrior feels like the play here.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Warrior

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

counterpoint: LPs are about enjoyment for the audience and suffering for the player.

Mage

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Note that the difficulty Grey is playing on is genuinely hard. The final mission of the Thrixl story campaign had me super worried despite playing on the 'normal' difficulty, and this campaign is no slouch either.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
warrior

WizardOfWhispers
Jul 21, 2022
My vote is for warrior since we're down to a warrior with one hand and another who's about to retire. Having multiple melee people for walling, flanking attacks, and just the sheer high damage of warriors is too important.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
We need a warrior and we need to give them an axe to carve the armor off these clinking, clanking, clattering collections of caliginous junk.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
To play devil's advocate against myself, a really, really fun build is to turn a Wizard into a warrior with extra interfusions and either a bow or a two handed weapon, or, hell, both. There's a skill that ups your damage for every interfusion you have active, and you can basically turn a character into a rail gun.

But on the first hand, the point of needing a warrior isn't power or armor shredding (since Wizards will by and large ignore all that armor anyhow), it's having armor and HP.

my dad posted:

Note that the difficulty Grey is playing on is genuinely hard. The final mission of the Thrixl story campaign had me super worried despite playing on the 'normal' difficulty, and this campaign is no slouch either.

Interesting. On normal, I found the Thrixl campaign to be the second easiest. I think a lot of this game comes down to luck (what weird extra powers/artifacts you get, what skills you roll and if they interact with each other) with who you build and one's stubbornness in holding to a build (which can be either a massive plus or a minus. While no skill is a "must have" there are a few that are so situational, you might not pick them up unless you already have something it synergizes with). I also got through the Morthagi campaign without any maimed/dead characters, and only consider it harder than the Thrixl because drat Morthagi can hit hard when you're not expecting it. The Deepist campaign cost me at least one maiming (I think it was two) and one death, and the Drauven Campaign's final mission was a goddamned bloodbath where I lost three characters, including one extremely kickass 80 year old woman who sacrificed herself to take the final enemy down with her.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Veryslightlymad posted:

Interesting. On normal, I found the Thrixl campaign to be the second easiest. I think a lot of this game comes down to luck (what weird extra powers/artifacts you get, what skills you roll and if they interact with each other) with who you build and one's stubbornness in holding to a build (which can be either a massive plus or a minus. While no skill is a "must have" there are a few that are so situational, you might not pick them up unless you already have something it synergizes with). I also got through the Morthagi campaign without any maimed/dead characters, and only consider it harder than the Thrixl because drat Morthagi can hit hard when you're not expecting it. The Deepist campaign cost me at least one maiming (I think it was two) and one death, and the Drauven Campaign's final mission was a goddamned bloodbath where I lost three characters, including one extremely kickass 80 year old woman who sacrificed herself to take the final enemy down with her.

I absolutely breezed through the Deepist campaign, accidentaly made the perfect build for dealing with the final showdown. For the Trixl one, the campaign was not a big problem, but my party really wasn't built for the kind of fight you're asked to do for the final battle. I pretty much had to rely on a hero that could throw out multiple (2 every round, and a 3rd time for a limited number of uses of a certain ability) high potency poison clouds per round to dispose of the waves of chaff while doing the objective. Drauven campaign is weird. My hero missions were fairly easy, but those other missions were hell.

e: You're right about Morthagi being a huge pain if you drop your guard for even a second.

e2: I suspect that the Trixl campaign might have the most swingy endgame based on how many quantity calamities you draw, because action economy means there's only so many of them you can kill per round (unless you explicitly build for slaughtering hordes), regardless of how easily you kill an individual one. This is pretty much where I realized how important it is to cut down on enemy upgrades early as much as possible.

my dad fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 5, 2022

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Huh. I had the opposite experience with the Drauven. The regular fights were easy enough, but the end of chapter bosses were monsters. The other missions always felt like you had exactly the right pieces to work with.

What's possibly interesting/fun is that the Gorgons are probably the real strongest monsters, it's just that their default story line ends two chapters earlier, so you never see their truly nasty BS.

WizardOfWhispers
Jul 21, 2022
The Drauven campaign was where I felt comfortable bumping up to Tragic Hero difficulty, and they definitely made me work for it in a few missions. Deepists felt like the easiest to me, though good use of Broadswipes was definitely part of it, with the Thrixl campaign mainly being a challenge for how those late-game story missions approached enemy numbers.

But Gorgons end up getting really nasty? I'd been planning to do a procedurally generated 5-chapter with them since their campaign and occasional skirmishes just never let them come together to feel threatening. Looking forward to seeing what they really can do when they get going!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

The party splits – one to scout and one to recruit.

We find a forest.

We pick up our new recruit.

It look like we're condicting an interview.

Look, you're going to be an unpaid intern. Your doing it for the exposure.

It's one of those interviews where they lied about the pay to get you in the door. Yvilde pushes the big one.

The idea of loot breaks though Molis's reservations, and she joins as a warrior. I then move on the attacking the site while she trains.

We seem to have angered the... local.

God drat it. It's a booze run.

Cursed booze at that.

This is a rescue mission – but do we try Larks idea, whatever it is?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Do Lark's idea. I like where she's going with it. Its likely horrible and dangerous, just how the Griffons roll!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
That's an evil smile, not a cruel smile. I don't trust it. Don't do the plan

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do It

Maybe it's just an idea to have them put the wrong liquid in?

Or not!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Lark’s got the right idea, walking furniture is easy to trick.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Saving the hostage/wife takes precedence.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Gilgamesh255 posted:

Saving the hostage/wife takes precedence.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Counterstrike rule: don't need to rescue anyone if the enemies are all dead!!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Spoil the next batch? Try some for ourselves? dunno, but Do it.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Let's just save the hostage.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Do Lark's idea. I like where she's going with it. Its likely horrible and dangerous, just how the Griffons roll!

WizardOfWhispers
Jul 21, 2022
Let's see what trickery Lark is proposing we try out!

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Save the hostage, % isn't high enough and it's super funny.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Sometimes you have to be responsible, Save the hostage.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Spike the drink

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm hoping we drink the drink. But let's do it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Go with Lark

If she poisons the brew for the monsters, weakened enemies +
If she wants to roll the dice on trying the weird brew herself, it will probably mutate her or something +

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think we should Save The Hostage, we shouldn't be messing with the weird chemicals used by robots, that's just not safe and I have a feeling the consequences may be dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
Save the hostage. I’m worried that the wife might be killed if the Morthagi catch us tampering :c