Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

This is a story of heroes. Three young people will soon be thrust into a epic story that will last most of their lives - if not longer.
This is the birth of a Wildermyth.

Wildermyth is a procedurally generated RPG, and works with a wide range of stories to create a GM-less story. There are some more scripted stories, and there are also some totally procedurally generated ones. Though even in the scripted missions there are plenty of random events that make no two runs the same.

Each story starts with three randomly generated characters - but there is of course the option of customizing everything. (which we will be doing) - They form a party and face off against the evil for the campaign - we’re going to take one such group of heroes and take them on an adventure of a lifetime. Each campaign is in a number of chapters, with time passing between each chapter depending on how well you did in game.

The game is split into three parts -

The world map, which is randomly generated every game, and you move your heroes around securing sites and building defences.

The Storybook - These are events that tell a story, and work as a choose your own adventure, with your choices affecting the story and the characters. Yes, you will get to vote on these when I feel the choices are important.

The battlefield. He our heroes do battle with all sorts of weird and wonderful monsters.

The Campaigns

There are a number of campaigns that we can select from - they are as follows. every campaign has some set elements, but with a random map and plenty of random encounters, no two tellings will be completly the same!

Age of Ulstryx - the Tutorial campaign. A three chapter campaign against the Gorgons (Eldritch Beasts).
The Enduring War - A five chapter story against the Morthagi (Skeleton Machines).
Monarchs under the Mountain - A five chapter story against the Deepists (Morlocks)
Eluna and the Moth - A five chapter campaign against the Thrixl (Magical beasts)
All the Bones of Summer - Five chapters agains the Drauven (Lizardmen)
Random 3 or 5 Chapter story - There is no overarching villain story, just procedural events.

Our Heroes

Heroes are randomly generated, but you can then customise anything about them! THe only thing that is fixed is you star with one of each of the three classes - a warrior, a mage and a Archer/rogue archetype.

I would like you, the fair….. The readers of this thread to submit our heroes, and we will vote on the best of each class. Please only submit one character each. I’ll need a Name, body type, sexual orentation (Men/Women/Anyone). Then pick a head type, face, hair style and facial hair from the lists below.

Finally, pick three of the following traits - I’m not going to go over what they all do, I want you to make a character rather than try and min-max things like the filthy goons you are!

TL:DR - Pick a campaign and submit a character if you wish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

I own Wildermyth but I don't think I've played it since it came out of Early Access. It's a pretty cute little game. For the min-max inclined, I don't think the listed traits have any kind of stat-type effect—they're more like personality or story hooks.

I have played against Gorgons, Morthagi, and Drauven, so I'd vote one of the other campaigns, either
Monarchs under the Mountain - A five chapter story against the Deepists (Morlocks)
or
Eluna and the Moth - A five chapter campaign against the Thrixl (Magical beasts)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Tutorial Campaign

and Weird, Inhabited, Lucky for a character

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I've played this game a few times and liked it, but never got very far in, but I'm interested in this LP. I expect this'll get farther along than I usually did.

Campaign vote: Monarchs under the Mountain

Character submission: Name: Anmos, a tall male body type, sexual orientation of Anyone, Head Shape 2C, Face 7A, Hair 11H, Facial Hair 5D. And for traits, a Nostalgic, Darkheart, Slacker.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I need to play this again. I did the tutorial and the skeleton campaign in early access, but I'm guessing they added a good deal more since.

Monarchs or Bones of Summer sound interesting

Yvilde
Female body
Likes men
E1
C2
D12
No facial hair
Darkheart, Thorny, Weird

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ooh, I love Wildermyth. It's one of the games I've always wanted to LP myself if I ever got round to actually doing an LP myself.

I vote for either Age of Ulstryx or Enduring War since the others work best if we already have some known characters.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hell yea this game fucks!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

enduring war that sounds cool

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Name: Rath
Małe Body
Likes women
Head: 2A
Face 5E
Hair 2I
Facial Hair 1B
Integrity, Physical, Wilderheart

Preferred Campaign: The Enduring War

Edit: Class: warrior or archer

Servetus fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 7, 2022

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
Enduring War sounds metal as hell.

Name: Lark
Class: Mystic
Female body
Likes both
Head: 1A
Face: 1E
Hair: 3F
No facial hair
Wanderlust, Flirt, Curious

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Oooh, excellent! I'm down with Age of Ulstryx or Enduring War as the first campaign of choice.
As for a hero:

Name: Ciara
Class: Warrior
Body: Female
Orientation: Anyone
Head: 1C
Face: 2A
Hair: 12C
Facial Hair: None
Traits: Flirt, Loyal, Physical

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 7, 2022

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
Let’s make a generic RPG protagonist.

Name: James
Sexuality: Anything
Head: A2
Face: A6
Hair: H12
No facial hair

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I was hoping somebody would make a text LP of this, It's probably the most compatable game for that concept that I can think of. As for Campaigns, I think a random one might be nice

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Is this going to be a single campaign or multiple? The whole Legacy mechanic of carrying over veteran heroes across campaigns gets fairly important at the higher difficulty levels, and some of the campaigns benefit from having some veteran characters as well.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Name: Thorny Gus
Sexuality: Anything
Head: D2
Face: C5
Hair: B11
Facial Hair: E1

Traits: Thorny, Loyal, Inhabited

Let's loving gooooooo

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Man I've done so much modding for this, frickin love this game

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of which, Grey - what mods are you using? I can see you've got at least one for the hair.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bought the game on seeing this, not disappointed.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I was going to do an update today, then my body decided that as I had my first uninterrupted sleep in a week, I needed an hour extra - so update tomorrow!

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Is this going to be a single campaign or multiple? The whole Legacy mechanic of carrying over veteran heroes across campaigns gets fairly important at the higher difficulty levels, and some of the campaigns benefit from having some veteran characters as well.

It may well be multuple if people are interested, it's not like I've got form for doing longform LP's or anything.

Tenebrais posted:

Speaking of which, Grey - what mods are you using? I can see you've got at least one for the hair.

Heres the list - If I'm missing anything people think is important, let me know!

Current voting
Enduring war - 4
Age of Ultrix - 3
Monarchs under the Mountain - 3
Random - 1
Eluna and the Moth -1
All the Bones of Summer - 1

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Monarchs Under The Mountain

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Dog Kisser posted:

Man I've done so much modding for this, frickin love this game

DO go on! (Unless they're, like, personal mods.)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

John Lee posted:

See, I read that as Personal mods. :heysexy:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Enduring War

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
This game owns; I should go play it more.

Submission:
Name: Garv
Class: Rogue
Male body
Likes women
Head: 2C
Face: 7C
Hair: 15F
Facial Hair: 3A
Flirt, Lucky, Shame

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

John Lee posted:

Eh nothing major - added a transformation event and a prosthetic event that lets you upgrade your terrible wooden limb replacements with functional ones. Currently have another one in the works but need to write the event for it. Stuff located here for those interested.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

This is the tale of the Enduring War.

Here is the map seed, for anyone who wants to play along with the same world. I chose a middling difficulty, which I'm sure I'm going to regret.

Now let us meet our heroes.

Anmos is a slacker with no family and the classic amnesiac past. Currently a bookbinder, he's a greedy snark. I'm sure this will cause no problems down the line.

Yvilde is a greedy goofball and a self described “Dragonbearchainsaw”. No one in this fantasy realm knows what a chainsaw is, but this ex-actor is humoured by the rest of the group.

Rounding out the party is Rath. Something of a loner, but also a romantic goofball, once a thief, he is plagued by nightmares but he's willing to fight.

I'm not sure this world is ready for this lot...

Our story starts a thousand years ago, with someone who in no way has all the trappings of a mad scientist.

And we fade into the present. I'm not sure what that thing he was working on was, but it is obviously not good!

Whelp, so much for your idyllic childhoods! Oh wait, Amos never had a childhood!

Okay guys, when something out of your nighmares is fleeing for it's life, it's probably time to follow it's advice.

Oh yeah, Rath sees worse than this every night.

Here is our first character choice – while I want to give you some optons, I can't save during the prologue, so I'm going to have the make the choices – Anmos is a slacker, so the first option seems the best. Leave it to Yvilde, she seems to want to be the leader.

Yvilde is so done with this poo poo already.

With that, we begin our first combat!

Our story choice gives us all plus one armour – as we are classless for the first battle, that's going to help!

Every battle starts by showing the foes – we have two close range Spectiks and a ranged Sommelier to deal with.

The Village is burning, and our heroes scattered.
Every hero gets action points a turn – which can be used to move, attack or trigger a special abilty. We have none of the latter for now, so it's move and attack – Yvilde is going to be our hunter, so she gets a bow.

Which she immediately uses on the Spectik. The red/green bar is health, the blue pip is armour – as you can see, we did three damage here, but one was blocked by the Spectik's armour, so it took 2/5 damage.

With his pitchfork, Anmos can hit from a square away, so he moves up and finishes of the Spectik.

I then make the first of what will be many mistakes in this game, and advance Rath to far forward, a Spectik comes from the north and hits him for three of his four health – he would have been dead bar for the bonus armour we got at the start of the scenario!

This one has more armour, but Yvilde still gets it down to two HP.

Anmos finishes this one off as well.

The Sommelier comes out of the shadows and hits Yvilde. The purple pip on her stat bar is warding, used to reduce magical attacks – which halves the damage she takes.

Our heroes advance on the monster, and take some health off it.

But it's counter attacks take Yvilde down to one health as well!

Anmos rushes forwards to save the day! Victory is ours!
Everyone now levels up.

Anmos becomes a brawny warrior, I chose Sentinel for him, as that extra leap is extremely useful.

Yvilde is a hunter, and chooses Piercing shots – we've already seen the Morgathai have a good amount of armour, so this seems like a good choice going forwards.
She also decides to leave half her clothing at home, in true fantasy RPG style.

With such a haunted past, how can Rath be anything else than a mystic, I pick up Elementalist, though soulsplitting was a close call.

After every battle, you loot a bit of kit, here we have a fancy chest strap with a bear on it. I consider giving this to our Dragonbearchainsaw.

Ultimately however, more health on our tank will be more useful.

After the battle, our heroes commit themselves to a life of adventuring, but Anmos, I get the feeling Yvilde still wants her hammer back.

Oh god, I completely forgot this would happen, and that I didn't ask for a company name! I'm going to have to make a choice here, and I'm not feeling that inspired, so I'll go with one of the procedurally generated ones.....

Look this is me, how can I give up a name when the game misspells “Griffins”. This is the kind of quality you guys have come to expect of me.

While we have levelled up, the world also gets tougher – all Spectiks now have an extra point of armour!

Now we get to see our world map – and this is an interesting one, our town, Hamcooper, is nestled between mountains with a bay to its back - a very defensible position! I've not seen a map like this before, and it's going to be an interesting one – we also have a river to the north.

We can also see our mission for this chapter one of five – clear all hostile sites and then locate the Villainkins forge. Not a foreboding name at all!

Hamcooper is situated in the Duckplains, and produced four resources for us at the end of the chapter. (The white icons under the name). It also has two opportunities – the purple icon is forging new weapons, but with no resources to our names, this won't help us.

The other one is recruiting a fresh face to the party – this would cost three legacy points, which are gained by completing battles/missions, and can be used to recruit, stop bad cards from being added to the deck or to replace missing resources when forging.
We have just enough points to recruit a new hero.

Our heroes need to heal, after that they will be heading into the Mistcliffs to scout – hoping to fins fresh resources to add to their little kingdom.

So the only real vote here is do we hire the new person, and if so, what of the three classes do we want?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Griffons are a type of hunting dog you fool you clown

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also yeah let's grab another person from home! I assume we'll know them so they'll prolly be able I hope to tolerate these three pricks

I say another hunter ranged is always good

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Hire a hunter

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Griffons are a type of hunting dog you fool you clown

To be fair. This is also on brand for me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
From the way he said it, I think it was Yvilde who borrowed Anmos' hammer. Not the other way around.
She's looking this way because he choses to be a passive aggressive dick at a time like this.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This really makes me with Wartales??I think? Had these interparty things

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

verbal enema posted:

This really makes me with Wartales??I think? Had these interparty things

Wartales with generated personalities for your characters would rule.

So Rath is the Mystic. Any chance that with enough fire magic he can turn that staff into a lightsaber?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Look, you can't move around all stealthy like if you are wearing pants. Or a shirt. That's just basic survival knowledge :jerkbag:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Get another warrior, choppin is good

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Hire a mage - one, ours seems a little unstable, and two, you can never have too many people throwing fireballs.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Hire the new person, another warrior. Could always use another warrior.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I like the fact that our group understands the meaning behind the randomly generated group name, as if it's part of some shared history. Also, I think getting a new person right now would be a good idea since we are right at the start and having more people adds to our action economy (which I assume is a thing and will benefit us in the long run).

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

^^^ There's a limit to party size in a battle, though, so action economy doesn't scale infinitely.

Man, I've played at least three campaigns of this game and never rolled any of those Mystic abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Normally I'd be the odd one and suggest we forego recruiting till later; that way our starting trio can level up quicker. But the way the map is, with Hamcooper at the end of that cul-de-sac it'd be time-consuming to go back later. So let's recruit someone right away, besides, it'll give everyone time to heal.

We can always use a second Warrior.