Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

i asked mrs capcom and she said no. sorry. im going to probably play juri because sakura isnt in the game and probably will not be due to the sf5 lore

Juri?????

Actually I'd really like Makoto to come back, especially with Mika feeling like she may not return without Ono pulling for her again. I picked up Poison recently but don't play enough SFV to actually be attached to the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Skypie posted:

Juri?????

Actually I'd really like Makoto to come back, especially with Mika feeling like she may not return without Ono pulling for her again. I picked up Poison recently but don't play enough SFV to actually be attached to the character.

yeah basically like if my character isnt in the game i can fall back on guile or ryu or i can just pick some character i never played in earlier games lol. plus her theme is good

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I will never play a shoto unless the gods hand-deliver a modern Darkstalkers to me and then I will make an exception to play Morrigan

Darkstalkers was, I think, the very first fighting game I ever actually played. I saved up pocket change as a kid to buy used copies of Final Fantasy 9 and Darkstalkers 3 to play on the old PS1 at my grandma's house

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Got in the SF6 beta amazingly, I completely skipped SF5 and I think my last kinda serious fighting game was SamSho? Sucks that Blanka isn’t in the beta but the new characters look cool!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I used to be an Xrd hater (YRC man), but having it get rollback has had me hyped up and willing to put a lot of my gripes aside, especially because I don't love the Giovanna changes in Strive, nor do I love how much of the current cast plays.

SF6 looks fantastic as well! I got into fighting games at the end of 4's lifespan, and while I like watching V and playing it occasionally it didn't speak to me, so I'm excited to try out the new one. It seems a lot of love is being put into it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DiNyc3st/status/1577720383821811730?s=20&t=EHMqJkDyaEKbJitxO8ynwQ

In keeping with the hip hop influence, Street Fighter 6 finally brings sneaker botting to fighting games

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

I don't condone the scalping but I wish I'd done the multiple applications thing myself now. Any extras I would've just given away.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait a minute

I reread my email and it turns out I DID get into the beta!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait a minute

You were the only person I’d seen mention getting a rejection letter so I was wondering what was going on there

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Thank you for being mistaken though, I wouldn't have checked my promotions folder and gotten my invite if I didn't go looking for a rejection.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

morestuff posted:

You were the only person I’d seen mention getting a rejection letter so I was wondering what was going on there

I don't know why my mind put a "not" in there lol

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait a minute

That makes way more sense then why I never received anything

:negative:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mine was in my junk mail for some reason everyone. check there if you havent

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

morestuff posted:

I assumed it was a bit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, I'm just dumb :downs:

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
I didn't make it into the SF6 beta, but that means I'll have more time to practice Dizzy for when the Xrd rollback beta starts. I used to play Leo and Raven when the game was really active.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya didn't get the beta, honestly don't mind since I'll be traveling next week so I will have time to pack and poo poo. Will check impressions here from those who made it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Not gonna lie guys from the first footage coming out of the beta it looks like street fighter 6 is gonna be loving awesome.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Some of these avatars in the SF6 beta are basically One Piece characters

https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/1578278087770648577?s=20&t=K9kemDHxcH2rjgA7r37I0g

And whatever this is

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I am so happy capcom didn’t chicken out and play it safe with the character creator looolll

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

SF6 beta has so much more features and content than SFV launch. Super hilarious. Game is awesome. Feels great. My GTX 1660 Ti and 12400 run matches at a locked 60, but win screens and some other content there's significant frame drops and slow downs. Hoping it's just beta things, but it's making me want to upgrade my GPU real bad now. The avatars and lobby are great, love the whole ambiance of it all. The loving kooky and wacky avatars are the best lmao.

teagone fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 7, 2022

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I didn’t really see the point of the Battle Hub up til now but walking up to cabinets and challenging people honestly looks fun as hell, plus the chat window seems to make the online experience a little less solitary

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

I didn’t really see the point of the Battle Hub up til now but walking up to cabinets and challenging people honestly looks fun as hell, plus the chat window seems to make the online experience a little less solitary

Hasn't this basically been what arcsys has been going with for the last chunk of games, strive notwithstanding?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Didn't think replays would work during the beta, but the feature is there! Capped my best match out of the 15? or so I played during the 2ish hours I was messing around in-game before I got super tired. Don't know any new Chun stuff yet and relied on basic bitch poo poo lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKJzuyKBxDg

You can see the frame drops/slight slowdown I get during the intro and win/loss screens [edit] Oh and during the super animation too it looks like; frame counter top left. The match itself plays out at locked 60 just fine though. I'm running the game at high settings on an i5-12400/16GB DDR4-3200/GTX 1660 Ti. Hope there are some good BF sales for RTX 3xxx cards lol. I wanna run the game at highest settings, it's so pretty :allears:

teagone fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Oct 7, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Hasn't this basically been what arcsys has been going with for the last chunk of games, strive notwithstanding?

More or less

Capcom please add fishing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Each player sees the stage that they picked

I never have to look at the loving training grid ever in an actual match ever again

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

strive also has machines that you walk up and challenge people on though (??)
it even has them in the tower and park whereas afaik they're only in player matches in Xrd and BBCF

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The grid is easily one of the worst things to happen to street fighter besides Alex.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Blockhouse posted:

Each player sees the stage that they picked

I never have to look at the loving training grid ever in an actual match ever again

Holy poo poo, this is genuinely an amazing breakthrough. And a pretty clever way to solve the training stage ubiquity problem, too!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Went back in for a couple more matches because I can't sleep lol. Tuned settings, and dropping the shader and effects to low gets rid of any frame drops/slow down; doesn't look like it affected the visual quality too much either. Everything in-match runs at locked 60 now. Lobby you can get up to 120 FPS, which is nice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cleretic posted:

Holy poo poo, this is genuinely an amazing breakthrough. And a pretty clever way to solve the training stage ubiquity problem, too!

Thats so cool

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

teagone posted:

Went back in for a couple more matches because I can't sleep lol. Tuned settings, and dropping the shader and effects to low gets rid of any frame drops/slow down; doesn't look like it affected the visual quality too much either. Everything in-match runs at locked 60 now. Lobby you can get up to 120 FPS, which is nice.

I had the same thing, locked 60fps while fighting but frame drops on win poses and dropping the effect and shader settings low fixed it.

rip servers

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So I'm a MK guy but they ruined the last 2 games with stupid new characters and ruined the existing ones with variations. I got into the SF6 beta, but I've only played casual SF over the years, mostly 2 as a child. Some general tips to get me started? Are all characters in the beta? Should I start with Ryu/Ken or not waste time on them?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/PunkDaGod/status/1578292024414871552

Getting somewhat optimistic about now

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Out of all the matches I played this morning, only one had a spotty connection, and it was a crossplay matchup so I'm guessing wifi is partly to blame. Noped off of that cabinet soon as the match was over lol. Every other match felt really good, and load times were super quick. Soooooooooooo much better than SFV.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

codo27 posted:

So I'm a MK guy but they ruined the last 2 games with stupid new characters and ruined the existing ones with variations. I got into the SF6 beta, but I've only played casual SF over the years, mostly 2 as a child. Some general tips to get me started? Are all characters in the beta? Should I start with Ryu/Ken or not waste time on them?

Not everyone's in the beta, but the beta's got plenty of characters. General advice for a lot of fighters is 'pick the character you like the most' and don't worry about if they're too easy or hard since you're gonna be motivated by doing the cool poo poo you wanted anyway, but when it comes to a beta, it might be a good idea to play one of the characters you know best.

If you're really lost on that, my recommendation might actually be Guile; you're an MK guy, so quarter-circles and dragon punches aren't necessarily an input you're familiar with, but Guile works with charge inputs, which are essentially the same as back-forward/down-up motions in MK but with a heavier timing component. If you can do Noob Saibot's teleport jump attack in MK11, you can do a Flash Kick.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

teagone posted:

Out of all the matches I played this morning, only one had a spotty connection, and it was a crossplay matchup so I'm guessing wifi is partly to blame. Noped off of that cabinet soon as the match was over lol. Every other match felt really good, and load times were super quick. Soooooooooooo much better than SFV.

I'm watching Xian's stream and he just played someone from UK, so literally across the world from Singapore, and it seemed fine. Looking really good for matchmaking.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Not everyone's in the beta, but the beta's got plenty of characters. General advice for a lot of fighters is 'pick the character you like the most' and don't worry about if they're too easy or hard since you're gonna be motivated by doing the cool poo poo you wanted anyway, but when it comes to a beta, it might be a good idea to play one of the characters you know best.

If you're really lost on that, my recommendation might actually be Guile; you're an MK guy, so quarter-circles and dragon punches aren't necessarily an input you're familiar with, but Guile works with charge inputs, which are essentially the same as back-forward/down-up motions in MK but with a heavier timing component. If you can do Noob Saibot's teleport jump attack in MK11, you can do a Flash Kick.

There's obviously going to be some getting used to, but I'm less concerned with being able to pull off inputs and more with what kind of strategy I should be going for. Especially in the old school MK I'm used to, its wait, counter and punish. But every SF video I see looks like a spam fest, so should I be the aggressor?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

codo27 posted:

There's obviously going to be some getting used to, but I'm less concerned with being able to pull off inputs and more with what kind of strategy I should be going for. Especially in the old school MK I'm used to, its wait, counter and punish. But every SF video I see looks like a spam fest, so should I be the aggressor?

lol

Anti air jump-ins (cr. HP seems like an universal anti air button) and punish unsafe specials. Figure out a couple good pokes for your character and use them in neutral. Jab->throw in the unlikely case where your opponent is blocking and not mashing at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Double Bill posted:

I'm watching Xian's stream and he just played someone from UK, so literally across the world from Singapore, and it seemed fine. Looking really good for matchmaking.

That's legit good news after SFV's outstanding -- or rather, infamous -- network code.