Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The Bananana posted:

I believe you mean, "Tak kohs".

If that's not cause for alarm, I don't know what is.

I like to add some whackamolo with my taykohs.

e: a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Takko is the lost warner brother

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I love when they attempt american food

The challenge: make an American pizza.
The attempt: "I put huge chunks of figs on it"

The challenge: make an American dessert pie
The attempt: "cherries go in a pecan pie right?"

The challenge: make fortune cookies
The attempt:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Badger of Basra posted:

Once someone made something with peanut butter and grape jelly and they all looked at her like she was insane

I mean most of the bakers are genuinely skilled.

But they are unable to escape the chains of English flavouring.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The people from former colonies every season always come up with some awesome fusion stuff. Predictably it's the white people responsible for the crimes against culture and food.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Friend posted:

I love when they attempt american food

The challenge: make an American pizza.
The attempt: "I put huge chunks of figs on it"

The challenge: make an American dessert pie
The attempt: "cherries go in a pecan pie right?"

The challenge: make fortune cookies
The attempt:

Those are loving rangoons at best :psyduck:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah i gotta assume those are rangoons. asking them to make fortune cookies is like having them make their own sriracha or after-dinner mints or even wine; it doesn't make sense compared to what a restaurant actually does

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Biden doing all the steps to legalize weed, so I expect Abbott and Patrick to quadruple down on mega weed charges

20 year minimums for possession, $100k fine and a plane trip to Martha's Vineyard

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
So how much mayonnaise was in those tacos?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They'll remove all abortion restrictions before they make weed legal. Weed is viewed as a competitor to liquor sales and marijuana-related crime is a huge, huge, HUGE tool used to oppress black people and disenfranchise them.

While legal weed is very popular among the people, disenfranchising black people is very popular among the government so

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i just bought delta 8 at a gas station because my regular guy is temporarily out of carts. it's de facto legal for a majority of the population of the state

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

the legal status of getting high is different from the illegal status of a substance that cops can pretend to smell to justify a search

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

i say swears online posted:

i just bought delta 8 at a gas station because my regular guy is temporarily out of carts. it's de facto legal for a majority of the population of the state

Yeah delta 8 (and 9 and 10) are nice highs and all but I would really like to get natural flower rather than chemically derived extracts from a local store

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
https://twitter.com/andyheriaud/status/1577518672997863426

Gonna sample this and lay down a trap beat

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

You are brave buying drugs from a gas station.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

poemdexter posted:

You are brave buying drugs from a gas station.

Safer than buying the egg salad sandwich at the gas station.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Old James posted:

Safer than buying the egg salad sandwich at the gas station.

What about the sushi?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I was wondering why I-35 was trending
https://twitter.com/QAGreenways/status/1578020650970910722?s=20&t=g_5LguIdv1AvodLIUrU0lw

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Just lmao if you live in or around Austin

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

That looks significantly worse than most car-centric cities in the South, which is an extremely low standard to begin with. I know Texas is obsessed with building miserable feeders everywhere though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

slurm posted:

That looks significantly worse than most car-centric cities in the South, which is an extremely low standard to begin with. I know Texas is obsessed with building miserable feeders everywhere though.

Austin has notably worse traffic than other major cities in Texas due to particularly poor planning and design.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

Austin has notably worse traffic than other major cities in Texas due to particularly poor planning and design.

"it's the geography in west austin," i scream as i drive along well-planned 410/1604 in san antonio, which also has the hill country on the west side

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

"it's the geography in west austin," i scream as i drive along well-planned 410/1604 in san antonio, which also has the hill country on the west side

I blame Rick Perry for Austin's traffic.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kirk watson machine politics! chicago!!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

slurm posted:

It was made by a political campaign that is opposed to the DOT plan to expand I-35 (see the TikTok account’s username), so it intentionally overplays both the amount of traffic and where you would travel to get things.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Shooting Blanks posted:

Hey I don't see why anyone needs to travel east to west, north to south only is good enough.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

LanceHunter posted:

It was made by a political campaign that is opposed to the DOT plan to expand I-35 (see the TikTok account’s username), so it intentionally overplays both the amount of traffic and where you would travel to get things.

the over-exaggeration is obvious, yes

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm not sure how "I'm too stupid to successfully eat chicken" is going to influence anyone but hey I'm not a politicsman

edit: also, is not expanding 35 going to make Austin walkable? I'm not sure what the link is between whining about cars existing and the highway expansion

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Lol driving back home to get a bag instead of eating the .30 charge

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Austin traffic being bad is a result of the Save our Springs secret cabal running Austin city hall

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

I'm not sure how "I'm too stupid to successfully eat chicken" is going to influence anyone but hey I'm not a politicsman

edit: also, is not expanding 35 going to make Austin walkable? I'm not sure what the link is between whining about cars existing and the highway expansion

The belief that it is a zero-sum game, and any effort towards expanding car infrastructure means nothing else happens.

Simultaneously, NIMBY attitudes about any expansion of public transportation exist, so nothing ever happens.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Manager Hoyden posted:

It's the latest form of old NIMBY "if you don't build it, they won't come" crowd who were convinced that we could eternally preserve the Austin of 1973 (or 1993, depending on their generation) if we just stridently refused to build any new infrastructure at all. If we never build any trains and never expand any of the roads and don't let anyone build any condos then people would stop moving here and making things less cool and they would stop growing old and no longer having as much fun as they had when Austin was cool and they were 25 years old.

They latch on to whatever happens to be the most compelling social movement among the young people who are new to Austin (people they all secretly hate with a passion because no one should be allowed to move to Austin after they moved to Austin). They were really in to fighting gentrification for a while. Not by actually working on affordable housing or helping people who have lived in poor neighborhoods find ways to stay in their neighborhoods when development was happening, but mostly by fighting tooth and nail to make sure there was no upzoning in rich neighborhoods like Hyde Park, Travis Heights, or Bouldin Creek. Right now people are really aware of the built environment favoring cars, so they're using that to fight the I-35 expansion and white-washing the fact that they were the ones who fought to keep Austin from having reliable public transportation when they campaigned against two decades' worth of rail proposals.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
bulldoze everything but UT and the capitol and start over

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

That is what I would do in Cities Skylines, yes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Bananana posted:

That is what I would do in Cities Skylines, yes.

but the education hit!!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

In my drunker moments, I have contemplated running for mayor or city council with a troll-y platform meant to get certain issues into the spotlight. My platform would be:

- Condemn and bulldoze every single-family home in 78704. It is inexcusable that we have a mass of suburban houses and lots sitting right next to downtown. The entire zip code will be rezoned to require multi-family units for any residential property. (If this is too extreme, then the compromise position is to only condemn and bulldoze the houses north of Oltorf.)

- Set up toll booths at the city limits for every road that enters/exits Westlake Hills and Rollingwood. Any vehicles not driven by an Austin resident will be charged $20 per entrance or exit. We will re-capture the funds that are being drained from our city by these vampiric white-flight enclaves.

- Call for the elimination of Eanes ISD and its merging back into Austin ISD. Once again, the white-flight district created to parasitically utilize our resources while contributing nothing should no longer exist.

EDIT: Forgot this one...

- Call for an intensive investigation by APD of all neighborhood associations (starting with those fuckers at the Bouldin Creek neighborhood association) for corruption.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 7, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Also move the Capitol.

Put it in Bryan/College Station, let them deal with it. They can be Baton Rouge 2.0. They'd love it. The Corps can be the Swiss Guard for the governor.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PostNouveau posted:

The Corps can be the Swiss Guard for the governor.

This is frightening for just how fitting it would be.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I prefer "beefeater" to swiss guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

In sadder news, it seems like Eric Adam's is really dedicated to helping Greg Abbott's campaign messaging...

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1578409999692447744