Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If tonight's game had been played in London it would have been a legitimate causus belli under international law.

Still a good argument for international intervention, tho. Please, world, save us from ourselves and try Roger Goodell in the Hague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RC and Moon Pie posted:

It's been hilarious to see everyone else discover things about Matt Ryan that we Falcons fans have been talking about for years. His arm is dead and while there are people who take more sacks, nobody takes a bad sack like Matt Ryan.

I can never find the clip, but was it Matt Ryan who once took a "sack fumble" because he put his hand with the ball in it on the ground to steady himself when turning and just left the ball sitting there?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/jamespalmertv/status/1578236466966077441

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
That photo really needs to have the right side uncropped for the full context

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone mirror his left hand for his right hand. I want to see a Giant mural that is all about ~JAZZ HANDS~

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rectal Placenta posted:

That photo really needs to have the right side uncropped for the full context

Yeah, I'm here for the Wilson dunking but Hamler was open for a fraction of a second and Wilson was on a read on the other side of the field.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mr. Fix It posted:

russell wilson is a fraud and has always been a fraud. seahawks were good because of the LOB and marshawn

Nah.

Russell was fantastic for a long time.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The INT near the end of regulation was an order of magnitude worse than the OT 4th and 1 attempt.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1578385755394650112?s=20&t=o73pf84IQK1x70ApHpgCQQ

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Pron on VHS posted:

Lol I just read in an article that Fields has 34 completions, through 4 games!!

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1577421433223139328?s=21&t=qxjtK_wqjhqki4tqDHnzfw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watch Seattle draft a QBOTF with one of Denver's picks

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

kiimo posted:

Watch Seattle draft a QBOTF with one of Denver's picks

how many goddamn teams are going to be fighting over the same 3-4 rookie quarterbacks come draft time. I’m not gonna make a list but it’s gotta be at least 10-12, right

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Single high five man rush, hamler is at the top of the screen.

Post snap is atrocious with a high snap, the TE stumbling, and Sutton working way too much space before doing his break.

This is what I think is telling and why Russ seems to have lost it. Any QB in the league, even the worst ones, know that's a pick route on the right side. You have Jeudy, a known jump ball guy, running his post through two DBs specifically to set up Hamler for an underneath gimme route. That's a designed second read if your first over the middle isn't there. He just doesn't look and seems to be staring down his blanketed TE, or perhaps waiting for Sutton to finally break.

Then there's this. This is an off balanced open chest throw. I don't think the announcers touched on how terrible of a throw this is. Here it is in real time:

https://i.imgur.com/HeJZpzq.mp4

There it is about to be caught, flying in sideways.

It's a complete and utter break down of who Russ is as a QB at the fundamental level. There's only one word for it. Yips.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kalli posted:

Take a look a few weeks later at Falcons @ Panthers

all of a sudden jets-jaguars late in the season doesn't look as bad

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I played all four instances of this on the last page...starting one then waiting a few minutes and starting another...each one on a loop.

Five minutes later and I understand the Broncos' free agent strategy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/1578395090665472000

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

lmao that rules

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Mr Broach Crook

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That trip where whipping your dick out in public is the third worst thing you’d done

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Antonio Clown… Prince of Crime?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Antonio Crown Jewels??

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Antonio CrownD

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
as much as people are already laughing about bears/commanders and panthers/falcons as future thursday night games, I am at least reasonably confident those games will produce touchdowns

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
*defensive

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

If I can get 100/1 on no touchdowns in Bears/Commanders I'm taking it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wentz is 6-0 lifetime on Thursday nights with an average passer rating of 107. Four of those were against the Giants and Jets though, so make of it what you will

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 7, 2022

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I really feel for whichever goon used this game to teach the glories of football to his Japanese coworkers. The run wasn't even established so you can't point to fundamentals of the game!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Forrest on Fire posted:

I really feel for whichever goon used this game to teach the glories of football to his Japanese coworkers. The run wasn't even established so you can't point to fundamentals of the game!

I think that's in a couple weeks when it's Saints/Cards

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

So you can rob a jewelry store and have the owner arrested if you're rich in Dubai? Holy america in 2 years

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1578438835519700992

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And their LT is done for the year as well

TNF brought to you by Amazon folks! When you think of crippling disappointment, think Amazon!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
TNF has ruined franchises in back to back weeks but next week will bring about the end of it's reign of terror.

Washington vs Chicago.
That which is already dead cannot be killed after all.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

It's a complete and utter break down of who Russ is as a QB at the fundamental level. There's only one word for it. Yips.

I've watched enough Mahomes gifs to know he'd already have thrown the ball to Hamler right there

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

I've watched enough Mahomes gifs to know he'd already have thrown the ball to Hamler right there

He’d be reading the correct side of the field so yea.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

pasaluki posted:

TNF has ruined franchises in back to back weeks but next week will bring about the end of it's reign of terror.

Washington vs Chicago.
That which is already dead cannot be killed after all.

we could have four pick-sixes in the first half :unsmigghh:

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I was gonna say "last night is really gonna pump the breaks on signing an old QB and expecting success" like Brady, Stafford or Peyton but then I looked and there just aren't any candidates anyway (except Rodgers) that are still with their first teams and haven't already been a retread:

- age 39 - Rodgers
- 31 - Carr
- 29 - Dak, Cooper Rush (whoa, I thought this guy was a rookie or something)
- 27 - Mahomes starts the "still with their original team, still good" tier

So yea, if you've got a complete roster just missing the QB, not a lot of options even if you did want to try the hot new thing (of getting an old thing).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1578237046556172288

"well listen, it burns the retinas"

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Why is the NFL forcing the Broncos on us?

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1578369132340322313?t=3Zpylhtx-WEmH5vrZ0Q3jw&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lost in the broncos hilarity, Ryan got himself traded to a team with, on paper, the best offensive line he’s ever played with and he’s on pace to shatter the sack record.

Like he spent his career in Atlanta getting murdered and somehow where he’s at now is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Lost in the broncos hilarity, Ryan got himself traded to a team with, on paper, the best offensive line he’s ever played with and he’s on pace to shatter the sack record.

Like he spent his career in Atlanta getting murdered and somehow where he’s at now is worse.

he's got no chemistry with the receivers right now, altho it looks like last night he finally realized the rookie is good and can bail him out a little

i wonder if his body breaks before he gets the sack record