Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

oooo how you like that wood keyboard

it’s good enough that I ordered one in Walnut to go with my desk. There are some pictures of it upthread if you click on me.

Ergo wise it’s great, i don’t get wrist pain like I do with non-split keebs. I like the precise mouse movements you can do from the keys. it has matias louds which are really loud :3:

As is typical it had some firmware I thought I was going to play with to coordinate rgb poo poo and I never did anything with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ignoring what I said above - memoryexpress has $50 off the ducky one2mini for $99 - so I got one in white with box jades as I read those are the closest to the feel of the ornata

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 23, 2022

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Hed posted:

It came in! It's very nice! ty Jenny Agutter.

looking good!

in bad keyb news my new job is very strict about usb devices so no more extremely loud mx blues at work for me :negative: just going to have a squishy ergo keyb

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
i want to find a split ergo that i can build that won’t break the bank, is tentable, and doesn’t force me to buy a 3d printer to fab a case

doesn’t seem like it should be hard but it’s basically either ergodox/moonlander or pcb + daughterboard with nothing in between

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats right. just get the ergodox

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
imo everyone should just buy a kinesis and stop fuckin around

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i cant have people enjoying hobbies that i dont enjoy, absolutely not

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

rotor posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my kayboaes doesn’t have wnlug knob

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
I just have an app so I can use my iphone keyboard to type on my PC, much more ergonomic and so quiet!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

these box jades are quite noisy lol ooops

but i like em, feels good. cant wait to take it home. got navy blue keys with mine and an Ox spacebar. guess they had this in 2021

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

rotor posted:

literal truth. bought a kenesis classic of eBay two years ago following the advice of this thread. the best 75 bucks I ever spent. actually life changing, would recommend.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

vodkat posted:

literal truth. bought a kenesis classic of eBay two years ago following the advice of this thread. the best 75 bucks I ever spent. actually life changing, would recommend.

same but i make each and every one of my employers buy one.

I have a closet with like 4 kinesis keyboards, they're great. I was having literally shooting pains and numbness in my hands & arms and i switched to a kinesis and BAM no more pain, like it was gone the next day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive got a freestyle 2 which i know isnt a Real Kinesis but it lets me pose nice and i can put my tragic macpad between the halves. a+

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i have a moonlander which i set up to be colemak-dh so i could learn that specifically with that keyboard. colemac is definitely more fun and accurate to type, but i found the overhead of having to think in colemak added too much inertia when i really needed to write code quickly. i keep thinking i'll recap it back to qwerty but that takes a while so i haven't got around to it, i have a walnut keyboardio model 100 on the way too so i guess i'll just use that.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

chaosbreather posted:

i have a moonlander which i set up to be colemak-dh so i could learn that specifically with that keyboard. colemac is definitely more fun and accurate to type, but i found the overhead of having to think in colemak added too much inertia when i really needed to write code quickly. i keep thinking i'll recap it back to qwerty but that takes a while so i haven't got around to it, i have a walnut keyboardio model 100 on the way too so i guess i'll just use that.

hell yeah I’m excited to get my walnut one too. otherwise I think it will look exactly like my maple one I’ve posted itt

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Hed posted:

hell yeah I’m excited to get my walnut one too. otherwise I think it will look exactly like my maple one I’ve posted itt

:hfive: it's been pretty interesting following the production process

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Also put up for a walnut model 100. Carpal tunnel’s been flaring up more and more lately, will be nice to try an ergo layout without having to skimp on style

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

anyone who has a moonlander, they put out a stealth new product release called platform as a limited run that looks to fix the biggest issue with moonlanders - the stupid stand arm thing. you can use the code Moonbase for free shipping. looks like only 136 left

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

chaosbreather posted:

anyone who has a moonlander, they put out a stealth new product release called platform as a limited run that looks to fix the biggest issue with moonlanders - the stupid stand arm thing. you can use the code Moonbase for free shipping. looks like only 136 left

god i saw this and almost clicked order till i realized i didnt need $450 of keyboard and stand. good setup tho.

i super want a moonlander a: because i think i'd like it and b: because it pisses so many people off

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Jonny 290 posted:

god i saw this and almost clicked order till i realized i didnt need $450 of keyboard and stand. good setup tho.

i super want a moonlander a: because i think i'd like it and b: because it pisses so many people off

they’re really nice, they’re incredibly customisable both physically and config wise. the software is choice. shipping is also extremely fast

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool it’s chaosbreather

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Dude it's a stand that costs 100 smackers. Wtf

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

lots of stands cost $100, that’s a pretty good stand price. that’s like ikea stand

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

i spilled hot vegetable soup all over my One 2 TKL

unplugged it, rinsed it, let it dry for a week now the switches are all lubed like

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i stand at woerk and i get paid for it

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

moonlander is super good and fun but the biggest benefit for me is the split. back and shoulders really appreciate the split.

i am interested in that stupid stand. i would like to have a more aggressive tent on days after a long motorcycle ride.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Screw massdrop, kind of want these for my new keeb:

https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/1567848448749084674

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
that’s the off-brand CMU for you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

keyboardio model 100 just shipped, pretty psyched

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

just got my model 100, and it is absolutely loving amazing. it makes the moonlander look like a build-your-own-keyboard by comparison, everything is so much more considered and refined. the one thing is that the included key puller is garbage, so having the moonlander's to hand while I switched up the keys to Mac QWERTY was very handy. having to adapt a little to the change in where the keys are but i'm already typing so much faster.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i am glad you like it but i want to light that layout on fire

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

they got a $1600 keeb on drop

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

did anyone talk about the kinesis advantage 360 yet

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

tell us about it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

did anyone talk about the kinesis advantage 360 yet

if i ever move companies again it's what I'm gonna make the new place buy for me, it looks real nice

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

tell us about it

its a two piece keyboard with tenting and bowls. gateron browns. wireless optional I think?

looks slick

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

they got a $1600 keeb on drop

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is someone really selling dactyls for 1.6 grand lmao