Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Forceholy posted:

Shake Shack is fine if you want an overpriced inferior version of a double double.

Their fries are better than in - n - out in structure, but they taste like you are eating a spoonful of salt with every bite.

Anyway, the best burger I've had in China is this place in Fuzhou that was only open during weekdays. I can't, for the life of me, remember their name. They might not even exist anymore. I ordered from then during 2020.

Side Street in Beijing is pretty good. There's also the notorious QS bar around the corner that has good pizza. If you can brave going into QS.

i had a shackburger once and i found it was merely an overpriced and smaller version of BK's whopper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Tankbuster posted:

they should play Indian characters.

every bollywood hit remade for american audiences starring steven seagal

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
My wife has had every style of American burger, shake shack, five guys, InnOut, fancy upscale steakhouses, and she hates all of them. Why don't they put seasoning in the meat itself? Why does it just taste of nothing? I don't think hamburgers are even very popular in China - most of those fast food places like Mcds have menus dominated by chicken and pork based sandwiches which anecdotally are more popular.

It's not even primarily because she hates America - she loves southern style breakfast sausages.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Throatwarbler posted:

My wife has had every style of American burger, shake shack, five guys, InnOut, fancy upscale steakhouses, and she hates all of them. Why don't they put seasoning in the meat itself? Why does it just taste of nothing? I don't think hamburgers are even very popular in China - most of those fast food places like Mcds have menus dominated by chicken and pork based sandwiches which anecdotally are more popular.

It's not even primarily because she hates America - she loves southern style breakfast sausages.

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Marzzle posted:

wow so you're saying hollywood's one indian actress sucks at it? :mods:

smh at this Indira Varma erasure

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

WH: We want to limit trade on SK Hynix.

Dell: No you will not!

WH: No we will not.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
yes im very sure those dengfongs-21 wouldn't launch if we can stop china from getting 7950X + 4090 + 64GB DDR5 into their warheads as clearly evidenced by NK's latest attempts at ICBMs

Palladium has issued a correction as of 15:40 on Oct 7, 2022

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I also don't like the concept of "burger". My issue is that it encourage you to eat a full lunch in 3 minutes. It's hard to enjoy a burger slowly. I also don't like open my mouth wide to eat.

------------------------------------------

While we are on the topic of food wife like, my wife only really like Cracker Barrel and none other American chains. I describe it as sit down, rural themed, warm color palette, comfort food.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
Why would China want burgers where there is the superior donkey sandwhich available.

GlassEye-Boy has issued a correction as of 16:03 on Oct 7, 2022

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
try pljeskavica

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

stephenthinkpad posted:

I also don't like the concept of "burger". My issue is that it encourage you to eat a full lunch in 3 minutes. It's hard to enjoy a burger slowly. I also don't like open my mouth wide to eat.

------------------------------------------

While we are on the topic of food wife like, my wife only really like Cracker Barrel and none other American chains. I describe it as sit down, rural themed, warm color palette, comfort food.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gently caress yeah. I'm on the same page as poster's wife. It is authentic American food: cheese, jams, sausage and racism

Article from when I was a teen

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress yeah. I'm on the same page as poster's wife. It is authentic American food: cheese, jams, sausage and racism

Article from when I was a teen

no doubt, cracker barrel is not misnamed

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

lol that obama and hillary guaranteed the end of non-proliferation with Libya long before Trump tore up the Iran deal

every country has nothing to lose and everything to gain by getting nukes
the democrats voted overwhelmingly during the trump administration to sanction iran as soon as obama was out of office

bernie was one of the only holdouts saying uh we shouldnt sanction iran that breaks the deal lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
how the gently caress is cheese and jam 'american food'

gently caress you

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Regarde Aduck posted:

how the gently caress is cheese and jam 'american food'

gently caress you

we perfected them

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The burger has elements from every category of the food pyramid and provides enough calories to keep you going for an entire day. It is food perfected

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
some of y'all didn't listen to the code talker burger tapes in mgsv and it shows

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

SorePotato posted:

The burger has elements from every category of the food pyramid and provides enough calories to keep you going for an entire day. It is food perfected

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Palladium posted:

yes im very sure those dengfongs-21 wouldn't launch if we can stop china from getting 7950X + 4090 + 64GB DDR5 into their warheads as clearly evidenced by NK's latest attempts at ICBMs

also tech sanctions are meaningless as seen by the Iranian drones Ukraine has captured packed full of American microchips

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I like the implication that in an open conflict with the PRC, America would have unfettered access to SK to buy chips and those factories wouldn't be in immediate danger of falling into NK and Chinese hands.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if the food were just slightly better at cracker barrel I'd unironically stan them as above any other sit-down chain in the country

visiting one at 11am on a sunday is an experience

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I like the implication that in an open conflict with the PRC, America would have unfettered access to SK to buy chips and those factories wouldn't be in immediate danger of falling into NK and Chinese hands.

economic protectionism masquerading as a critical strategic defense move? very trumpian, couldn't be true

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Cpt_Obvious posted:

America: This is really about stopping China and not throwing you under my Micron's bus!

Samsung and SK Hynix: Do we look like one of your eurodumbs?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mayman10 posted:

Mystery Inc was pretty good

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

republicans protect pathetic, obsolete businesses like steel and aluminum refining that barely exist domestically

democrats protect modern, disruptive businesses like south korean chip fabs that also barely exist domestically

wow starting to see some kind of theme behind where the material value in the american economy is generated...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

indigi posted:

I was never in because Scooby Doo has been a bad show for 40 years now and I have no interest in the Mindy Kaling version of that

its as formulaic as dragonball z, and therefore sucks rear end. every few years we have to hear about scooby doo again for a while and its dumb as gently caress

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The semiconductor war against China is basically the sequel of Trump's trade war. It's funny no US think tank has written a post mortem of the trade war, because you can't juggle a "win" angle from that mess.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

stephenthinkpad posted:

The semiconductor war against China is basically the sequel of Trump's trade war. It's funny no US think tank has written a post mortem of the trade war, because you can't juggle a "win" angle from that mess.

american think tanks are just very highly paid comedians

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

think tanks are high brow con men american elites use to trick each other + the elected government

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

The original Scooby Doo was great because every episode hammered home that magic and superstition are bullshit and everything has a rational explanation if you look hard enough. Then they started adding actual magic and superstition.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

caelxii posted:

The original Scooby Doo was great because every episode hammered home that magic and superstition are bullshit and everything has a rational explanation if you look hard enough. Then they started adding actual magic and superstition.

the dog talked, of course magic exists.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

caelxii posted:

and scrappy doo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hanna barbera is trash across the board. they have never made a good character or even a good joke. 55 years of garbage

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

inch high private eye

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

hanna barbera deserves our respect as one of the leaders in the creation of american anime industry as we know it today

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
What race did they make the dog?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

scooby doo is for 8 year olds. you're not supposed to like it, you're supposed to have formative sexual thoughts based on which of the girls you wanted to gently caress when you started puberty

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

not acknowledging fred jones is the jungian himbo archetype?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the bitcoin of weed posted:

scooby doo is for 8 year olds. you're not supposed to like it, you're supposed to have formative sexual thoughts based on which of the girls you wanted to gently caress when you started puberty

I uhhhh may need to reflect on some life choices in the wake of this post