Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

hatty posted:

The Rabbids talk now apparently, I don’t think Rabbids should talk
:hai: The Rabbids are funny because they're feral, overexcited gremlins. Making them talk normal and act composed kind of saps the humor for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These specific Rabbids are special ones like that one talking gremlin

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It was remarked upon in the first game that something in this world was affecting the Rabbids—whatever the case, Mario & Luigi Rabbids felt non-existent in the first one. Now, they're like Rabbid Bob Hoskins and Rabbid John Leguizamo

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Unlucky7 posted:

I keep thinking that maybe the trailer is not a good one to get a feel for the Pratt Mario, ...
It was a fine amount because everyone had made up their mind beforehand anyway.
Literally no performance of any kind would have gotten people to like Pratt Mario.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The mario games are now known as Prattformers.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
They are trying not to reveal how loving terrible Pratt's voiceover is until people have already bought their tickets. If you think people are delusional about it now, just wait until they have spent money on it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The mario games are now known as Prattformers.

:golfclap:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Spellman posted:

It was remarked upon in the first game that something in this world was affecting the Rabbids—whatever the case, Mario & Luigi Rabbids felt non-existent in the first one. Now, they're like Rabbid Bob Hoskins and Rabbid John Leguizamo

The Rabbid versions of each character are definitely basically parodies of them. Rabbid Mario takes his old Brooklyn attitude to teamster levels, Rabbid Luigi is the wackiness taken up to 11, Rabbid Yoshi is literally an animal.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I think his voice is going to get more Mario-like as the movie goes on.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

they met when they were born

Whoa, buddy! Some of us didn't read the leaked scripts yet :mad:

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Trailer report: the swing and miss on "here we come" instead of "here we go" is just :negative:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Here we go doesn’t make any sense OP.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

The Merkinman posted:

It was a fine amount because everyone had made up their mind beforehand anyway.
Literally no performance of any kind would have gotten people to like Pratt Mario.

you can polish a fat turd all you want but in the end it's still chris pratt

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Foul Fowl posted:

you can polish a fat turd all you want but in the end it's still chris pratt
That's proving my point. It's not a matter of "get[ting] a feel for the Pratt Mario". The Internet already decided Chris Pratt's Mario was bad whether he said one line or all of his lines in the trailer.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Merkinman posted:

That's proving my point. It's not a matter of "get[ting] a feel for the Pratt Mario". The Internet already decided Chris Pratt's Mario was bad whether he said one line or all of his lines in the trailer.

I mean it's not difficult to extrapolate the expectation from the already in the can Pratt VO performances, where he's just Chris Pratt.

You know what they say, there's two kinds of people in this world:
1) those who can infer data from incomplete information

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sure wish Nintendo would release one video game so I didn’t have to listen to you idiots ramble on about Chris Pratt for 1009 posts.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

Sure wish Nintendo would release one video game so I didn’t have to listen to you idiots ramble on about Chris Pratt for 1009 posts.

we should talk about jack black for 1009 posts instead
jack black owns

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Prodeus comes out for Switch today wonder if it has gyro

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

The Merkinman posted:

they are right

Spellman
May 31, 2011

American McGay posted:

Escape to the Splatverse

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of which.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1578369637426905088

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Spellman posted:

Escape to the Splatverse

:woomy:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

there was a really cool pokemon trailer, howoever we must instead endure mario mvoie discussion

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Movie is looking and sounding better than the sonic movie at least. It's probably going to be ok, like a Wreck It Ralph tier or similar.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Can't wait to play No Mans Sky when I get home on the OLED.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Hopefully Mario doesn't pull out a cellphone

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Spellman posted:

Hopefully Mario doesn't pull out a cellphone

Mario is a plumber... He's supposed to have a scratched up phone that he calls up hardware stores and wastes an hour of your time.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Bug Squash posted:

Movie is looking and sounding better than the sonic movie at least. It's probably going to be ok, like a Wreck It Ralph tier or similar.

you take that back, the Sonic starring award winning actor Jim Carry is a masterpiece.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I turned the first sonic film off early into it but I got a free ticket to go see the second one and that was pretty fun tbh

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

American McGay posted:

I hope they keep it simple and do just Mario Bros. vs Bowser as the entire arc and don't pull a fakeout halfway through where there's a greater evil power and Mario and Bowser team up to defeat it.

Save that poo poo for the sequel.

The bad guy in the sequel should be Wart.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The post-credits teaser sequel bait is gonna be Wario.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Augus posted:

we should talk about jack black for 1009 posts instead
jack black owns

https://twitter.com/DitzyFlama/status/1578172542497738753

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

they are right

That was never my point.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Mario's gonna eat a mushroom and turn big and his voice will inexplicably become Charles Martinet.

I'm gonna watch the Mario movie (probably not in theatres though, still enjoying the whole 'not going out thing').

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Merkinman posted:

That was never my point.

We do not care.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
How is playing n64 games on the switch without a n64 controller?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mostly fine unless the game heavily utilizes all the c-buttons, then kind of awkward.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

The Merkinman posted:

That was never my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKU58flqH4

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

American McGay posted:

Mostly fine unless the game heavily utilizes all the c-buttons, then kind of awkward.

This is why I wanted the controller. I wanted it to play the zelda games and I assume it would be annoying wo a proper controller. I have a pro controller thou if it’s ok with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1578189789731459072

This Pilotwings 64 trailer is fantastic. Never played it before & super hyped.

Always was a strange omission from the Wii & Wii U virtual console.