Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Any goons have experience with the rope lights that are on sale? - https://www.costco.com/led-color-changing-18-ft.-rope-light-with-remote.product.100672951.html

We had a rope light on our back fence that has been there for almost a decade before it failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

jisforjosh posted:

Any goons have experience with the rope lights that are on sale? - https://www.costco.com/led-color-changing-18-ft.-rope-light-with-remote.product.100672951.html

We had a rope light on our back fence that has been there for almost a decade before it failed.

Seems cool.

Get yourself a caseta outdoor plug and pico switch so you can control them on with a remote. It's cool as gently caress

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Deathlove posted:

Taco Bell Costco ain't got no secret menu

You used to be able to get sauerkraut for your hotdog at the food court if you asked nicely.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

chicken bagel would be preferred

What's a chicken bagel?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
*deep breath*

ROTISSERIE

CHICKEEEEEEEEN

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What's a chicken bagel?
Not much! What's chicken with you! :xd:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

has this thread had SKELETON REAPER chat yet because i’m looking at one right now and this thing fuckin ownssss

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Ror posted:

has this thread had SKELETON REAPER chat yet because i’m looking at one right now and this thing fuckin ownssss

gently caress okay if you get one tell me how cool it is because I got vetoed on getting a pair of them

I really, really want a pair of them

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I got vetoed on the dueling banjos skeletons they sold out of last month and I'm bummed. But I am allowed to get mums and pumpkins this week so that's cool

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

They have these giant light up nutcrackers too that are like $900 but they just stand there with some music. They had two next to each other, maybe you get a pair. But look at this bad motherfucker

https://i.imgur.com/ci5nTWr.mp4

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

Not much! What's chicken with you! :xd:

ligma bagels

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Soul Dentist posted:

I got vetoed on the dueling banjos skeletons they sold out of last month and I'm bummed. But I am allowed to get mums and pumpkins this week so that's cool

We got the banjo skeletons a few years back and I really like them. Only bummer is they can only be outside of on a porch where they have some protection from the elements.

Really want that reaper, but the fact that it isn't 12ft is bugging me for some reason. Not that I'm likely to have a chance at getting the 12ft ones at retail anytime...

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Soul Dentist posted:

Same.

I was allowed only one additional skele this year so I opted for another 12 footer and he's sitting in my living room on the couch. Technically he's the entire couch. I'm thinking about calling him Earl.

I have too many skeletons, according to my housemate.

My housemate is incorrect, until my housemate pays some drat bills.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Eating a slice of pep (w/drink) rn. Waiting for my bivalent booster and flu shot appointment, then a short shopping list after.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone try these pupusas?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Church used to have a Kirkland sliced turkey lunchmeat in the cooler section but I haven't seen it for going on 4 months now. Has it been discontinued?
Or is this the dreaded supply chain issues denying me once more?

Also, curse you, Costco, for addicting me to them 4505 Chicharrones then not having them in stock when I visit!

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like 'em a lot. The beans are super smooth & pretty bland, so they basically taste like just cheese pupusas to me.

There are two separate packs of 5 inside, which is good because that masa tends to mold fast, so I once I open one, it's all-pupusas-all-the-time until I finish off five. One pupusa, 70 secs in the microwave, lunch is done.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'll eat anything made by Del Real Foods.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

CaptainCrunch posted:

Church used to have a Kirkland sliced turkey lunchmeat in the cooler section but I haven't seen it for going on 4 months now. Has it been discontinued?
Or is this the dreaded supply chain issues denying me once more?

Also, curse you, Costco, for addicting me to them 4505 Chicharrones then not having them in stock when I visit!

I saw this last time I was there. I just went through a package of turkey and was reminded why I rarely buy it. It's good meat that is minimally processed and sliced thick. The side effect being its hard to get the slices apart without them falling apart. I also just don't like turkey that much.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Bread Enthusiast posted:

I like 'em a lot. The beans are super smooth & pretty bland, so they basically taste like just cheese pupusas to me.

There are two separate packs of 5 inside, which is good because that masa tends to mold fast, so I once I open one, it's all-pupusas-all-the-time until I finish off five. One pupusa, 70 secs in the microwave, lunch is done.

Nice, I'll probably try them out next time.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Propaganda Hour posted:

I'll eat anything made by Del Real Foods.

What were the enchiladas that everyone agreed were disgusting trash? I would've sworn it was Del Real foods brand.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

pentyne posted:

What were the enchiladas that everyone agreed were disgusting trash? I would've sworn it was Del Real foods brand.

Close. RealGood. They are keto, but also garbage as is basically everything else by that company. I did decide to buy some bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken breasts they put out on sale at my local Costco. I figured at $4 off, for under $10, i'll give them 1 more shot.

If they ruin chicken + bacon + cheese, they really have no reason to be a company.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Oh yeah, they were not good

Soul Dentist posted:

Re: Keto

Please keep in mind the Realgood brand chicken enchiladas are lower in quality than cat food and are one of the most returned items at my store. I literally couldn't make it through a single one. The worst thing I've ever seen at Costco.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My church had olive salad today so I picked up some salami and I'm gonna go ham on some muffaletta sandwiches this week. I also picked up refills on my blood pressure meds so I'm gonna be okay. Plus I got Haagen-Daz peppermint bark ice cream bars for my wife and the Waterloo fall flavor seltzer pack for both of us. I'm drinking a bourbon and spiced apple seltzer right now (with Limmi lemon juice, also from Costco). PBUC

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Ate a dog and a slice earlier today, feels good

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ledhed posted:

Totally, I just don’t think the savings are as grand as other items, bulk or not. I don’t have a TJ nearby but assuming you’re paying something like $1.50-$2 per bar, that’s about in line with everything at the ‘Co.
Yeah RXbars and barbells are $1.99 each which is probably me paying the Jersey tax to some extent. Perhaps I'll try their house brand sometime...

numberoneposter posted:

Just eat the ingredients listed on the package directly to save a ton of money.
:hmmyes:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Getting protein shake and dog later tonight :feelsgood:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Nice, I'll probably try them out next time.

I like to throw them on a pan after microwaving to cook a little of the sogginess out, slap some guac, hot sauce, and cotija on top afterwards.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, they can be a bit soggy post-microwave, depending on the humidity. I usually just flip one onto a new plate, but I can see how frying them would help!

I forgot to mention there are also air-fryer instructions on the package, for some reason. Tried that once and did not like how it turned out at all; super dry and tough. I kinda feel like they just slapped those on there to help people feel better about owning an air fryer or something.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

ShowTime posted:

Close. RealGood. They are keto, but also garbage as is basically everything else by that company. I did decide to buy some bacon wrapped cheese stuffed chicken breasts they put out on sale at my local Costco. I figured at $4 off, for under $10, i'll give them 1 more shot.

If they ruin chicken + bacon + cheese, they really have no reason to be a company.

I thought those bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts were good. The enchiladas were def garbage though.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Are you microwaving them in a paper towel? That helps absorb some of the moisture

E: i bought some of those enchiladas when they were on sale and yeah they were pretty bad, but edible when i was high

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The standard would be if they are edible with slathering on some 505 sauce.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Didn't have room in the fridge for the pupusas, so I tossed 'em in the upright freezer. Put them right on the rack of our convection oven (I was heating up all 5) and they warmed up nicely, but a little tough. My wife likes the insides to be melt-your-face-off hot, so she put them in the microwave for a little and it helped the texture. Obviously they can take a beating and about the only thing you probably shouldn't do is boil them.

They're wider/longer than the ones we get at the pupusaria, but less stuffed. I thought they were pretty good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The take n bake enchis are where it's at.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I thought those bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts were good. The enchiladas were def garbage though.

Yea I actually just made some and they are really good. I'm gonna pick up some more next time i'm at the Co. I'd definitely do some of the cooking under the broiler to crisp up the bacon. I'd recommend the grill but they pop about 3/4 through and that's no good for a grill.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I saw the Iberia ham hock the other day. Every year I come so close to buying one, and every year i say “no”

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Do it again this year, don't buy one. Buy two

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ive never bought one either but if i ever see it at the coveted 50% off it's going to find itself in my cart

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

$1.50 hot dog and drink acquired. Friday night is vibing.

Hard to believe all this goodness for such a low, low price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
went on my biannual Costco Re-up Mission. The paper towels, TP, cleaning supplies, Ziploc bags, saran wrap, aluminum foil, all that stuff. All that poo poo plus a 13.49 5 pound bag of Tyson chicken tendies and 2 cases of Polar seltzer and I am out 350 dollars but I feel so safe and secure for the next year. PBUC.