Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts - Oregon used to have 10 dollar 100mg packs of gummies and very cheap flower.

What's it like now?

I am extremely interested in the cannabis industry and would love to get into it. So far, research has been near impossible, either data that I would want isn't publicly available or it just doesn't exist yet. It's fascinating to see a "new" industry develop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The legal market is pretty expensive but I don't really mind for how much I consume, plus taxes.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm in Seattle right now and it's dirt cheap compared to SF and DC.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

A.o.D. posted:

Have you tried Mexican Coke? That is, the stuff with real sugar?

No, but i have had the maple coke in glass bottles and that was really good and i forgot about it until now

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Yeah, when I got out of the Army it surprised me how cheap it is out here.

A friend in FL has a medical card and the medical weed there is waaaay more expensive. Definitely cheaper on the black market in FL.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Colorado budget weed.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
The reserve by my old place sold 30 dollar ounces and the weed wasnt bad

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Germany needs to get loving rolling on the legalization that was promised. But knowing the German government you'll probably need to anmelden and get a Marijuanasidentifikationskarte

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Holy crap Colorado is cheap. At least compared to a state not legalized...

In other news, there was mass stabbing in Vegas, a few deaths already, possibly at the Wynn

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/one-person-died-multiple-victims-found-report-stabbing-las-vegas-strip-rcna51098

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

ASAPI posted:

What's it like now?

I am extremely interested in the cannabis industry and would love to get into it. So far, research has been near impossible, either data that I would want isn't publicly available or it just doesn't exist yet. It's fascinating to see a "new" industry develop.

18 iirc. It's still cheap for what it is, but for a while there they were basically giving the stuff away

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Flikken posted:

I went from having a clearance to a DOT regulated job.

Going to hazard a guess that the DOT drug test is the cause of a lot of labor shortage. Not letting people smoke in their private life is as bizarre and ostracizing as not letting them drink.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
The city of Helsinki is advertising various jobs in the area and also how to get there:

https://www.helsinkipartners.com/helsinki-exposed/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

psydude posted:

Germany needs to get loving rolling on the legalization that was promised. But knowing the German government you'll probably need to anmelden and get a Marijuanasidentifikationskarte

Yeah, i was cautiously optimistic that we could get that sweet sweet ganja sometime next year when they announced the coming legalization earlier this year, but with the current state of the discussion on the topic I'd be surprised if we see it legalized before 2025, if at all

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Whatever happens with :420: legalization in your area, I just hope it's better than the hastily-cobbled-together-pile-of-poo poo system Ohio has for medical marijuana. I'm a Caretaker on my brother's Card and holy hell, this thing seems like it was ramrodded through to get the tax revenue cash grab through as quickly as possible.

"Let's put together a very :effort: Portal where people's caretakers can print their card which says it was issued but may not actually be issued so, when they get to the dispensary 30 miles away to pick up their brother's stuff, they get rejected because 'Oh, it looks like they haven't run the background check yet so we can't give it to you'.

Then let's not show the payment status on the $25 caretaker fee and have a bunch of customer service people who go 'I'm not showing that that's been paid, maybe you need to go to the Portal or pay it again lol gently caress, I'm so high right now'."

That being said, I guess it's better than the proposal in 2015(?) which was so bad that Willie Goddamn Nelson was even on record as saying it was a terrible idea.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
not strictly related to the diabetus conversation a page or two back but HBO's "The Weight of a Nation" is a really good look at the state of general health and nutrition in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEkCbqN4uo

it's a 5 part mini series and the whole thing is gold imo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mustang posted:

Yeah, when I got out of the Army it surprised me how cheap it is out here.

A friend in FL has a medical card and the medical weed there is waaaay more expensive. Definitely cheaper on the black market in FL.

This is incorrect. Black market is cheaper for some things, but not all. I got a half ounce for $50 yesterday that is equal or higher quality than any black market weed. Black market kind bud, which matches up around 14% from the dispensary, is around $60/eighth.

Vapes and such, yeah, you can get those cheaper, but flower is absolutely not unless you're deliberately buying the most expensive stuff.

FL also has fantastic labeling and testing requirements. The weed you get is literally the percentage on the label. I had weed in legal states with less regulation, and despite claims about being 20%+, nothing was as good as even the 15% stuff here in FL.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

FL also has fantastic labeling and testing requirements. The weed you get is literally the percentage on the label. I had weed in legal states with less regulation, and despite claims about being 20%+, nothing was as good as even the 15% stuff here in FL.

Testing is never terribly accurate, no matter where you are. What you're likely seeing there is the average, not the range. Testing every ounce is just too drat expensive.

Older buds, closest to the light source, such as the main colas, will have higher THC quantities than bud farther down the plant. No plant grows uniformly distributed THC, so you can't put an accurate label because each bud is different to some extent.

In CO, THC is posted as a range, low to high. My current jar says 20-24%. Realistically, that's what the cola tested at, not the buds I got that are probably more like 12-15%. It's fine, gets me where I need to be, but you should never really believe the testing label. Pick your weed based on attributes, like density, smell, how poorly the trim job looks done (leaves and excess stem are basically stealing weight from you), but generally, just don't expect weed labeled "40% THC ITS AWESOME" to actually be near that.

Overstating THC% has always been a problem, but THC isn't the only cannabinoid in flower, and others will affect the high too, so it's more about finding a strain that you're comfortable with and accepting that it's weed, just smoke it.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I wonder if that includes UMCJ federal convictions and the corresponding BCDs

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Those federally charged for possession are going to be the idiots that decided to attract a lot of attention at a national park somewhere.

The rescheduling is the most important part, if for nothing else, medical research.
Or the idiots that got popped for a 112a on a piss test.

e: Well, poo poo. No it doesn't cover Article 112a, UCMJ (10 USC 912a), just federal civilian possession (21 USC 844) and possession in Washington D.C.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2022/10/06/granting-pardon-for-the-offense-of-simple-possession-of-marijuana/

joat mon fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 7, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Testing is never terribly accurate, no matter where you are. What you're likely seeing there is the average, not the range. Testing every ounce is just too drat expensive.

Older buds, closest to the light source, such as the main colas, will have higher THC quantities than bud farther down the plant. No plant grows uniformly distributed THC, so you can't put an accurate label because each bud is different to some extent.

In CO, THC is posted as a range, low to high. My current jar says 20-24%. Realistically, that's what the cola tested at, not the buds I got that are probably more like 12-15%. It's fine, gets me where I need to be, but you should never really believe the testing label. Pick your weed based on attributes, like density, smell, how poorly the trim job looks done (leaves and excess stem are basically stealing weight from you), but generally, just don't expect weed labeled "40% THC ITS AWESOME" to actually be near that.

Overstating THC% has always been a problem, but THC isn't the only cannabinoid in flower, and others will affect the high too, so it's more about finding a strain that you're comfortable with and accepting that it's weed, just smoke it.

I get that. FL just requires more rigorous testing. They're not testing every bud, but the batches they test are smaller. There seems to be a noticeable difference in percentages around here that I did not find in some other places.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

joat mon posted:

I wonder if that includes UMCJ federal convictions and the corresponding BCDs

That was my first question and assumed they’d say “not troops though,” and here we are…

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Kind of a slow political day. Sure could use a Republican Senate candidate delivering a speech in California in front of Hitler's Car, but there's no way something so nuts woul-

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1578434707414712321

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Uvalde just suspended their ISD police force. Like, ALL of them. They are requesting State Troopers in the meantime until they can figure out what to do with their force.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/07/us/uvalde-police-department-suspended/index.html

While it is a step towards accountability, I am confused why this step took so long. Wouldn't it have been easier to do this when school wasn't in session?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

facialimpediment posted:

Kind of a slow political day. Sure could use a Republican Senate candidate delivering a speech in California in front of Hitler's Car, but there's no way something so nuts woul-

"It's just my stonage age brain identifying patterns obsessively to increasing my survival odds, it's not real" I keep telling myself. Every day. More and more. Hmm.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 7, 2022

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ASAPI posted:

Uvalde just suspended their ISD police force. Like, ALL of them. They are requesting State Troopers in the meantime until they can figure out what to do with their force.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/07/us/uvalde-police-department-suspended/index.html

While it is a step towards accountability, I am confused why this step took so long. Wouldn't it have been easier to do this when school wasn't in session?

I'm going to guess lawsuits were about to force their hand / make things a lot worse if they didnt but that is entirely a hunch with zero evidence.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ASAPI posted:

When action against cops comes too late and too little I just assume the people taking it were busy getting harassed and road blocked until something forced the issue. There’s speculation that they’re getting ahead of some additional news.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A.o.D. posted:

Basically every job I've held in my adult life, to include my current one, included the threat of a random test at any moment. I wonder what it'd be like to not have to live under that restriction.

When I was GC at a digital media company I made sure we changed the employee handbook (as part of an overall change to it) to ensure that legally allowed people could not face discharge or drug tests. Now if you were driving you couldn’t, and you had to let us know, because if there is an accident you might get drug tested, and this way we’d make sure you’d never have to drive a vehicle. Obviously you couldn’t use on job or be high as gently caress at work, but for it to be an issue…you’d have to be at a point where you should have just taken a day off, just smelling like weed or microdosing before work wouldn’t be an issue officially. I like to think it was a step in the right direction.

Also not to turn this into the TCC but Mile Tyson’s Dynamite Cookies :kiss: 10/10 will use when building warhammer models or 3D printing later tonight.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Colorado budget weed.

*lots of nice*

Hey some of us are trying to work still! ;)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I want to try some Mike Tyson weed. I'm glad he actually partakes in the business instead of just contracting it out like Willie Nelson did.

Willie's weed in Colorado is from Silver Stem in Denver.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Admittedly this is a firing not a resignation but christ that was fast

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/uk/300707908/uk-prime-minister-liz-truss-fires-trade-minister-over-alleged-misconduct

quote:

A British trade minister was fired by UK Prime Minister Liz Truss and suspended by the Conservative Party over misconduct allegations.

The UK government said Truss asked Conor Burns to leave the government “with immediate effect” after “a complaint of serious misconduct.”

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I want to try some Mike Tyson weed. I'm glad he actually partakes in the business instead of just contracting it out like Willie Nelson did.

Willie's weed in Colorado is from Silver Stem in Denver.

Interesting. I'm not sure how much he does in the day to day stuff, so it may be similar. But it's nice to see him find happiness and relief.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Living in San Antonio is cool:

https://www.sacurrent.com/news/san-antonio-police-officer-fired-after-shooting-unarmed-teen-at-mcdonalds-parking-lot-30019308

quote:

As seen in the footage, the rookie officer approaches the car and opens the driver's side door, where he finds a teenager eating a burger. Brennand orders the youth out of the vehicle. The teenager puts his hands on the steering wheel and responds to the officer's request by asking, "Why?"

The vehicle of the teen driver, whose identity hasn't been made public, rolls backward while the officer shoots five times. It's unclear from the clip whether the driver shifted the car into reverse or rolled backward because his foot left the brake pedal.

Brennand then radios "shots fired" before shooting at the car another five times.

In the clip, it doesn't appear that the vehicle ever struck Brennand.

The vehicle and its driver were later found down the road, and the victim was taken to University Hospital in critical condition, MySA reports.

Pretty par for the course (these are basically in the past year or two):

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/03/24/mcmanus-no-place-in-sapd-for-fired-officer-who-repeatedly-punched-handcuffed-pregnant-woman/
https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Testimony-Michelle-Barrientes-Vela-trial-17489631.php
https://www.ksat.com/news/ksat-inve...ela-sentencing/
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/03/23/former-sapd-officer-accused-of-kneeling-on-someones-neck-criminally-charged/
https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/san-antonio-police-officer-arrested-on-multiple-charges-sapd-police-texas-official-theft-obstruction

This one is a goodie:
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...t-records-show/

quote:

SAN ANTONIO – A San Antonio police officer who was found asleep behind the wheel with a blood-alcohol content level nearly three times the legal limit has been fired, according to records obtained by KSAT Investigates.

Rosemary Caudillo received the indefinite suspension, tantamount to firing, in June, four months after she was arrested near Loop 410 and State Highway 16.

Suspension records show that Caudillo refused a breath sample. A warrant was obtained for a blood sample, and her blood-alcohol content level read .232, records state.
https://www.sacurrent.com/news/ex-san-antonio-police-officer-arrested-months-after-removal-for-shooting-toward-fleeing-teens-28296182
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article/SAPD-officer-arrested-for-suspicion-of-DWI-after-15667041.php
https://apnews.com/article/trials-archive-d8f9b7c0963a459ea9b48e1dd25d7f55

The sheriffs also occasionally get in on the action:
https://www.kens5.com/article/news/...3d-71d16e4eb7ee

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 7, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Interesting. I'm not sure how much he does in the day to day stuff, so it may be similar. But it's nice to see him find happiness and relief.

Tyson outright owns his grows, iirc.

Adult Swim has been playing Mike Tyson Mysteries a lot lately. Makes me sad about Norm, but it's an awesome show.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Can't wait for Burger Cop to get sentenced to six months paid vacation

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

Can't wait for Burger Cop to get sentenced to six months paid vacation

It wasn't a Whataburger; he'll walk. /s

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

BadOptics posted:

It wasn't a Whataburger; he'll walk. /s

supposedly he got fired but i wonder if that'll stay

probably the most striking thing is that the news outlet actually went back and updated the article, but also lol that it was like that anyway

quote:

Editor's Note: This story was edited to reflect that it's unclear from the body-cam video whether the driver put his car in reverse or it rolled backward because his foot left the brake pedal. The word "suspect" has also been removed and other details have been edited to more accurately reflect what can be seen in the video.

even odds on if the cop regrets shooting the kid, or regrets not shooting them enough. fun world to live in

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Tiny Timbs posted:

When action against cops comes too late and too little I just assume the people taking it were busy getting harassed and road blocked until something forced the issue. There’s speculation that they’re getting ahead of some additional news.

I'm hearing, anecdotal to the extreme via social media with zero proof, that Uvalde ISD police may have hired on a state trooper that is under investigation for not even entering the school during the shooting. If that rumor is going around, I am really curious about the "additional concerns" the article mentions as a contributing factor of the decision.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

I'm hearing, anecdotal to the extreme via social media with zero proof, that Uvalde ISD police may have hired on a state trooper that is under investigation for not even entering the school during the shooting. If that rumor is going around, I am really curious about the "additional concerns" the article mentions as a contributing factor of the decision.

That's legit they fired her yesterday and Gov. Abbott has been mercilessly dunking on them

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 7, 2022

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Read “Matt Gaetz” and my brain automatically filled in the word “schooler” instead of “dollar”

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize that these were all the same loving department. Jesus what the gently caress is wrong with SAPD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize that these were all the same loving department. Jesus what the gently caress is wrong with SAPD

They probably have an openly, loudly white supremacist gang operating internally? Just going off weight of numbers, I haven't seen proof specifically to that effect. It's just the trend for those agencies.