Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
If we're talkin' pizza, I'm going with western idaho 'za every time. It's got twice the bread and half the sauce and it's made in a barn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I think I've been to that barn. Did you get a free shot of Black Velvet while you waited?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tarnop posted:

Detroit style seems like it would be easier to make at home since I'm guessing it cooks slower and at lower temp

True/false?
We cook it for 13 minutes at 500, rotating once halfway through. But you should have a certain type of pan.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Tarnop posted:

Detroit style seems like it would be easier to make at home since I'm guessing it cooks slower and at lower temp

True/false?

yea it's not too hard compared to others, you gotta find a good recipe for the dough and have a good proper dark metal high walled pan to get that tasty crisp but if you do any amount of baking you probably have one. Super easy to do in a normal oven heat/time wise, yea.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

If we're talkin' pizza, I'm going with western idaho 'za every time. It's got twice the bread and half the sauce and it's made in a barn.

Palouzza

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Aw poo poo I’m gonna have to get some Jet’s tomorrow

It’s the only thing that’s any good in this clowntown here in Ohio

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Aw poo poo I’m gonna have to get some Jet’s tomorrow

It’s the only thing that’s any good in this clowntown here in Ohio

drat there's one of these places near my homie on the northside of houston...I'll have to go there next time I visit.

I want

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I'm watching the "Mexico Week" episode of Bake Off and it's a hate crime.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I'm watching the "Mexico Week" episode of Bake Off and it's a hate crime.
Yep

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Tacos aren't baking!!!

Her avocado must have been underripe if she could peel it like that though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That looks like they stabbed their hand a bunch trying to peel stuff.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cooking shows are always a little weird to me because obviously they could have professional restaurant chefs as the contestants and they'd just clean up the place; knowing how to do all the Bake Off stuff is all just basic daily job knowledge for them. But that's boring, so they have to handicap all these shows by making the contestants "home cooks", which I guess can mean anything from "has never seen an avocado before" up to and including "worked in a restaurant for 16 years and now just occasionally grills a burger out back and also makes gingerbread replicas of baroque cathedrals as a hobby"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/lincnotfound/status/1578369207019835392?s=20&t=e0qNMarpUULxek-qOK38dg

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

mandatory lesbian posted:

Normal is a thin crust, tomato sauce, and some toppings of whatever you want, skys the limit there. Anything outside that is chicago, the worst city ive visited and thus bad in all things it does

Except for hot dogs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Tacos aren't baking!!!

Her avocado must have been underripe if she could peel it like that though.

later on you can see what they did with them. they were all diced up into little rigid cubes.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Detroit pizza talk, any ole square pan work or do you need something thicker, I have a few sizes of cast iron I use for everything but round Detroit sounds sacrilege

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

a sexual elk posted:

Detroit pizza talk, any ole square pan work or do you need something thicker, I have a few sizes of cast iron I use for everything but round Detroit sounds sacrilege
Not thick, no; you want blue steel, like this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wasn’t Ben Stiller, disappointed

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like to imagine they're circus peanut flavor

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Hirayuki posted:

Not thick, no; you want blue steel, like this.

That's not steel, that's aluminum - and it doesn't list a safe oven temperature, so I'm skeptical. You really want blue (or carbon) steel - just keep it seasoned like you would cast iron.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hey everyone, cocktails are ready *cracks raw egg for final garnish*

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

a sexual elk posted:

Shooting Blanks posted:

That's not steel, that's aluminum - and it doesn't list a safe oven temperature, so I'm skeptical. You really want blue (or carbon) steel - just keep it seasoned like you would cast iron.

Real Steel.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The best pizza is Chicago tavern style. St. Louis style is what happens when your entire existence is being a shittier Chicago so you try to replicate it but worse in every way.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Which is worse, St. Louis style pizza or Altoona style pizza?

The answer is New Haven pizza.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Railing Kill posted:

The answer is New Haven pizza.

New Haven is good? It's a pretty good mix of NY and Neapolitan

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

more falafel please posted:

New Haven is good? It's a pretty good mix of NY and Neapolitan

I dunno. I hated it every single time I had it, and I had it from three different places. I don't know anyone who likes it either.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Railing Kill posted:

I dunno. I hated it every single time I had it, and I had it from three different places. I don't know anyone who likes it either.

The only real New Haven place I've eaten at was Frank Pepe's, got a margherita and a white clam, both were really good. We have a New Haven style place here called Piece that's also really good.

You don't have to like it or anything, but I don't really get what's bad about it.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

The only real New Haven place I've eaten at was Frank Pepe's, got a margherita and a white clam, both were really good. We have a New Haven style place here called Piece that's also really good.

You don't have to like it or anything, but I don't really get what's bad about it.

It's been a while so it's hard for me to describe exactly what I didn't like about it. It was like New York style pizza, but cursed by an evil wizard. It doesn't help that while I don't dislike NY pizza, it isn't my favorite.

It is possible that I just ate at three different, nasty restaurants too. :shrug:

Railing Kill has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Oct 8, 2022

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh does Piece consider itself New Haven style? I've eaten there but didn't notice that on the menu.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Data Graham posted:

Oh does Piece consider itself New Haven style? I've eaten there but didn't notice that on the menu.

I don't know if they explicitly say it, but it's definitely closer to that than anything else.

edit: they do, also do you think Lowtax ever had Piece?

more falafel please has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Oct 8, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The real travesty pizza is Altoona Style.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Fy fan va äcklig

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Captain Hygiene posted:

Are you boneheads so stuck debating regional US pizza styles that you are missing this Swedish horror that even I won’t defend?

That is a pickled herring coctail with lumpfish caviar and an egg yolk.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

axolotl farmer posted:

Are you boneheads so stuck debating regional US pizza styles that you are missing this Swedish horror that even I won’t defend?

That is a pickled herring coctail with lumpfish caviar and an egg yolk.

I feel like cocktail means something different over there

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: I FOUND THEM! :siren:

Took the family out to Bob Evans, went to pay the bill at the cash register where they have their tiny little country store and lo and behold! They had like 6 racks of them cause nobody wanted it, lol. Most of the other candy on the rack was gone, but they had poo poo tons of circus peanuts…I grabbed my prize!

Pretty loving good! Love the banana flavor. Has a nice chewy squish to it, A+ would buy again! Maybe Bob Evans is the S tier of circus peanuts candy, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: I FOUND THEM! :siren:

Took the family out to Bob Evans, went to pay the bill at the cash register where they have their tiny little country store and lo and behold! They had like 6 racks of them cause nobody wanted it, lol. Most of the other candy on the rack was gone, but they had poo poo tons of circus peanuts…I grabbed my prize!

Pretty loving good! Love the banana flavor. Has a nice chewy squish to it, A+ would buy again! Maybe Bob Evans is the S tier of circus peanuts candy, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality.

Hell yes! Another convert :hai:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

RFC2324 posted:

Think shrimp coctail.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

axolotl farmer posted:

Think shrimp coctail.

yes, those have been making me angry with their lack of alcohol and wrong name for almost 4 decades now

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Awful overly sugary nightmare or a stare from a bartender.

On the other hand I’ve learned how to make my own cocktails, and exactly what I like (it is not this seafood abomination)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

RFC2324 posted:

yes, those have been making me angry with their lack of alcohol and wrong name for almost 4 decades now

Nobody's stopping you from pouring some everclear in one.