Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmVW53Bhd0&t=1s

I show people who don't like the show this clip from the season 3 finale and say "How can you not love this poo poo"

Human kind will never create anything better. It’s all downhill from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Medullah posted:

To clarify, it's not me saying it - just the comments. I'm team "Best show on TV after the first season"

omg chael crash posted:

I know I know. It’s just wild to me that people can believe the 1st season was anything but trash

Soonmot posted:

I couldn't make it through season 1 it was so bad.
You'll find plenty more people proclaiming their love for season 1 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwtOYKFPgs

Granted, this is like the one scene that had an actual budget

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I want more non brooding Matt please

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sassy Matt is great

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:negative: who the hell is Leap Frog?? Apparently he's an actual character, I assumed they switched names but I guess that's better than character assassinating my boy

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Opopanax posted:

:negative: who the hell is Leap Frog?? Apparently he's an actual character, I assumed they switched names but I guess that's better than character assassinating my boy

I had to check, one is the daddy, the other is the son.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Joe Fisto posted:

I had to check, one is the daddy, the other is the son.

They were part of one of my favorite Spectacular Spider-Man issues in the 90s.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Matt FUCKS

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MCU Matt sure smiles a lot.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

MCU Matt sure smiles a lot.

Angering basement pissers across the globe

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

drat MCU, trying to turn Daredevil into some kind of swashbuckling hero who likes to joke around and charm women

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

drat MCU, trying to turn Daredevil into some kind of swashbuckling hero who likes to joke around and charm women

This really makes me believe that the yellow suit was to show the audience that Matt in this series is gonna be more like he was originally in the comics.

Like sure, Matt can be broody and super serious and grim and brimming with Catholic guilt, but he's also got a good sense of humor.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The courtroom scene was perfect. The Lilypad part was a little too Here's an Ad for Daredevil but overall he was done really well in this episode. Can only imagine the internet outrage over him not weeping while embracing a tombstone crucifix in the rain.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Daredevil's walk of "shame" may have just passed Cap swings Mjolnir as my favorite moment in the MCU.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Daredevil's walk of "shame" may have just passed Cap swings Mjolnir as my favorite moment in the MCU.

No "may" about it for me that was great.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I hope this version of him wasn't just for this show and flows into his as well. Great ep.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
She Hulk is great and I'll be really sad if we don't get a season 2.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Him carrying his boots was just :discourse:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

JT Smiley posted:

She Hulk is great and I'll be really sad if we don't get a season 2.

Agreed. I do not want she-hulk movies, but her doing everyday stuff in this absurd world. Every season we get a new support group at the blonsky ranch with new and returning d-listers.

It is great that this show is the most marvel comics show.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That was wonderful. Start to finish it was so much fun.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Werewolf By Night is loving awesome.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh is that out today? guess that's what I'm doing later

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Came for Jack, stayed for Elsa. By god, she was *perfect*.

My only real complaint is that it left me wanting a lot more.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I cannot believe how much they got away with, this was so good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's been a while since I've seen Gael in something. Mozart in the Jungle is one of my favorite shows of all time so I was happy to see how much he killed this. Laura Donnelly was fantastic as Elsa. They captured her well.

And of course Teddy. Who doesn't love Teddy?

X-O fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 7, 2022

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

X-O posted:

It's been a while since I've seen Gael in something. Mozart in the Jungle is one of my favorite shows of all time so I was happy to see how much he killed this. Laura Donnelly was fantastic as Elsa. They captured her well.

And of course Teddy. Who doesn't love Teddy?

You need to watch Station Eleven.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
werewolf by night was a lot of fun

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

site posted:

werewolf by night was a lot of fun

:hmmyes: I hope we see more of Man-Thing, I like him.

Enjoyed She-Hulk as well, good to see someone like Daredevil showing a more relaxed side.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Werewolf By Night was so fun and opens up such a fun door of possibilities for what the MCU might do with stuff like Blade and Ghost Rider.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I love so much that Marvel went from "there's more than one superhero and they might even appear together in the same movie!" to "yeah, sometimes the tree aliens fight werewolves, what's the big fuckin' deal, hey wanna see some sassy lawyers punch a frog" in just 14 years.

I haven't actually seen it yet so if Groot actually does show up in WBN I'm gonna be really smug and not apologize about the spoiler, ok?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Regarding the ending of WBN: That last scene in color, they filmed that in black and white and then colorized it right? Because it looked like a colorized film. If so that's pretty awesome. For being a first time director I thought Giacchino knocked it out of the park.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

X-O posted:

Regarding the ending of WBN: That last scene in color, they filmed that in black and white and then colorized it right? Because it looked like a colorized film. If so that's pretty awesome. For being a first time director I thought Giacchino knocked it out of the park.

As I understand it, the whole thing was meant to be in color, but Giacchino showed Kevin Feige a version in black and white, and Feige liked it.

Andrew_Jackson5
Jan 9, 2015

what a web sight

X-O posted:

Giacchino shot everything in color in case they wouldn't let him do B+W. They did send everything out to actual 35mm film and recaptured it, so that's probably part of why that last scene has that weird desaturated look.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Werewolf by Night was so good.

And yeah, Elsa was spot on perfect. She's gotta show up again soon.

And Man-Thing. He was adorable. :3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Andrew_Jackson5 posted:

did send everything out to actual 35mm film and recaptured it,

That also explains how they captured the look of a well worn 35mm print so well. The vibes were perfect.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

howe_sam posted:

That also explains how they captured the look of a well worn 35mm print so well. The vibes were perfect.

Yeah compete with the black oval burn on the top right to let the projectionist know it was time to change reels

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
WBN was absolutely fantastic. I hope they do more D+ one shot stories like that.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Werewolf by night is really great. I know it’s fashionable now to be tired of Marvel but I’m enjoying what they’re doing right now. She-Hulk and this are just wonderful.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I noticed that too, it felt like it was more than going from b&w to color. I literally said aloud, "technicolor!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Blade, Dane Whitman, Elsa, Jack, and Ted is an excellent Marvel Knights lineup, I’m set, send ‘em to pre-production.