Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Alaois posted:

Sorry im a bit late to the party here but did we really get a straight up "explaining things is endorsing them" fight

Except that's not what happened and it's been sorted now. Nice contribution though, much needed.

The Hausu Usher fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The only good part of the Eugene character was Regal cutting a promo on HHH telling him that he'd kill him if he hurt Eugene

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

History Comes Inside! posted:

Don’t watch any mainstream wrestling from before like 2015 because oh boy you aren’t gonna like what you see

No comment. Only watchin 2022.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

anyone listen to the cornette drive thru today? heard he is giving an update on the shed he is building

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
the eugene character still might be hateful but my disabled brother really loved him at the time

i always thought that the guy playing the character did it with way more nuance and sympathy than anyone would have expected, but the way the character was presented overall was still pretty bad

eugene definitely makes me less uncomfortable than I Am Sam

in summary eugene is a land of contrasts

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eugene was a character that in hindsight is offensive as gently caress, and overstayed his welcome, but definitely could have been much, much worse.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the only time Matt Striker was entertaining was when he threw a dictionary at Eugene.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
wwe was pretty terrible at that time and the eugene stuff was very different and he allowed william regal a bunch of screen time. it might have been tasteless but i kinda enjoyed it but i completely stopped following wwe shortly after that because the overall product was terrible and my favorite wwe wrestler doing a murder suicide kinda sucked.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
lol

not gonna lie, whoever makes the mspaint thumbnails owns

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirez posted:

lol

not gonna lie, whoever makes the mspaint thumbnails owns

Love the racist caricature South Park art guy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jim Cornette talking for 50 minutes about Sammy Guevara, a professional in an industry Cornette is only periodically involved in at a tertiary level.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

coconono posted:

Jim Cornette talking for 50 minutes about Sammy Guevara, a professional in an industry Cornette is only periodically involved in at a tertiary level.

Sammy's kittens are more influential on modern wrestling than cornette

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

40 minutes was probably talking about trimming the trees in his backyard

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LX-R1ttwHs

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What are the ratings like on jim cornette’s nationally televised wrestling show

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
wrong thread

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/vrtlpros/status/1582740820653793285?s=46&t=SfBqA_1-ZBLuxyAZjjuvvQ

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I was at the match live and it was just a stiff looking match and not remotely dangerous. Plus Jody is a pro and was clearly fine afterwards. But corny gonna corn.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was at the match live and it was just a stiff looking match and not remotely dangerous. Plus Jody is a pro and was clearly fine afterwards. But corny gonna corn.

Yeah, this discourse seems pretty bad faith to me because it did not come across like this live at all. Maybe you had to be there but Athena clocked very early that Jody had a ton of hometown support and immediately started working heel. She was not shooting.

It was reported that Jody was also working as a tryout and is one of Rosa's trainees I believe, so if anything Athena was working to make her look good here. She held her hand up after the match for the crowd and hugged too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Not to mention Athena actually works pretty stiff to begin with. Like she loves laying her poo poo in.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If people thought that match was "too stiff" then I hope they have a fainting couch ready before watching any 90s AJW

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
There were some gnarly bumps in that match. Jody going outside the ring was one, but she seemed fine, even tucked push her legs forward on the drop to make her landing more severe. Jody taking the dropkick(?) into railings was another, but Athena went to check on her and you couldn't wipe the smile off Jody's face so I think they both thought (and probably said to each other) something about iggys, offices and bangers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The people popping their monocles over Athena working snug should probably pass out when they watch anything from, I dunno, Mid-South or Memphis from the 'horrific violence' there but alas the standard is double.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

The people popping their monocles over Athena working snug should probably pass out when they watch anything from, I dunno, Mid-South or Memphis from the 'horrific violence' there but alas the standard is double.

I don't know why this issue is getting me so frustrated, it literally goes against observable reality and was started by a dude that managed loving VADER

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know why this issue is getting me so frustrated, it literally goes against observable reality and was started by a dude that managed loving VADER

It's really hard to disprove an argument that wasn't made in good faith to begin with.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow crazy that jim cornette would have weird opinions about a person who is 1, black 2, female and 3, working for the company he is financially incentivized to poo poo on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there is no argument. it's a harassment tactic designed to make you feel that there is discourse to be had and frustrate you. stop reading it altogether if that logic doesn't help and fully disarm the hosed up bastards from your perspective, or persist in the doomed world you have created.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

there is no argument. it's a harassment tactic designed to make you feel that there is discourse to be had and frustrate you. stop reading it altogether if that logic doesn't help and fully disarm the hosed up bastards from your perspective, or persist in the doomed world you have created.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's cool to find out the twitter weirdo with the MSPaint portrait of himself avatar used to manage Vader.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

flashy_mcflash posted:

Everything the others have said is true, but it is indeed an oddly irritating 'topic' even beyond what Corny and his mob normally barf onto Twitter. I get it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Everything the others have said is true, but it is indeed an oddly irritating 'topic' even beyond what Corny and his mob normally barf onto Twitter. I get it.

For sure, I normally don't give a poo poo about what those guys say about a match they only saw clips of but that moment for Jody was genuinely one of the highlights of the show for me. That kind of thing is what I go to wrestling FOR and it sucks to see people trying to ruin it, even if it's a bunch of old, irrelevant heads.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

rotinaj posted:

Wow crazy that jim cornette would have weird opinions about a person who is 1, black 2, female and 3, working for the company he is financially incentivized to poo poo on

did he make a big deal about the persons race and gender?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

did he make a big deal about the persons race and gender?

he said in his day she would've been snatched bald headed and also commented on her Big Wide rear end that she hurts everyone with, seemingly confusing her with Toni Storm

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i cant believe that jim cornette said mean things on the internet

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Slaapaav posted:

i'm sure this is just a normal guy with normal reasons for posting like this and not someone with two bans for racism

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Slaapaav posted:

do you need help with something

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Happiness posted:

i'm sure this is just a normal guy with normal reasons for posting like this and not someone with two bans for racism

what does race have to do with anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If Jim Cornette was a racist or sexist, i think we'd probably have heard him say something racist or sexist

https://sports.yahoo.com/jim-cornette-resigns-from-nwa-following-racist-comment-on-broadcast-211759449.html

At some point he would have said something hosed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OzvftFOhq8

I just don't see it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/qkpjgh/comment/hixwbdt/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

He doesn't have a history of anything like that, and I think you're all jumping to conclusions.