Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

pasaluki posted:

TNF has ruined franchises in back to back weeks but next week will bring about the end of it's reign of terror.

Washington vs Chicago.
That which is already dead cannot be killed after all.

It's Halloween season, this week was a horror film, Commies/Bears is a zombie movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

shyduck posted:

Wentz is 6-0 lifetime on Thursday nights with an average passer rating of 107. Four of those were against the Giants and Jets though, so make of it what you will

:hmmyes:

Wentz being some sort of idiot savant of winning dogshit football games absolutely checks out

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Lost in the broncos hilarity, Ryan got himself traded to a team with, on paper, the best offensive line he’s ever played with and he’s on pace to shatter the sack record.

Like he spent his career in Atlanta getting murdered and somehow where he’s at now is worse.

It’s great having an actual test of how important tackles are vs the interior line and it turns out really loving important.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hand Row posted:

It’s great having an actual test of how important tackles are vs the interior line and it turns out really loving important.
Whats funny is that Ryan was getting blown up last year via the interior now this year he has the worst pair of tackles in the league on the outside.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wow Dak is 29

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Hand Row posted:

That RT is loving atrocious

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Was anybody outside of Denver even that excited to see Russ on the Broncos to begin with? Why did all the networks decide that this was the team to watch, ahead and above of every playoff team from last year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Black Lighter posted:

Was anybody outside of Denver even that excited to see Russ on the Broncos to begin with? Why did all the networks decide that this was the team to watch, ahead and above of every playoff team from last year?

I think people thought they'd be pretty good, or at least much better than this.

Like, I wasn't looking forward to playing that team before the season. I'm still not, just for different reasons now.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Black Lighter posted:

On paper with a healthy roster they looked like real contenders.

Turns out injuries plus a lovely head coach plus losing one of the best OL coaches plus OTHER = poop from butt

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think I’m gonna get a nice sandwich later.

What’s the Herbert sandwich of choice ?

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1575461841924493312

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think I’m gonna get a nice sandwich later.

What’s the Herbert sandwich of choice ?

Is Herbert the one who grills a victory brisket after every Chargers win?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Stable Diffusion AI also thinks that letting Russ cook is probably a bad idea.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mega64 posted:

Is Herbert the one who grills a victory brisket after every Chargers win?

Yes.

He also has a Chipotle bowl

https://twitter.com/RiversGirl17_/status/1577998836156334081?t=gUWZQld_uZrXI51eML6WSg&s=19

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
He likes ribs so tender they fall off the bone

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 7, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sept 29 is when we all saw this

but anyway the Broncos fans talked a lot of poo poo on twitter but I still feel bad for them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Sept 29 is when we all saw this

but anyway the Broncos fans talked a lot of poo poo on twitter but I still feel bad for them.

A Chargers reporter spent all last night pulling receipts and it was funny

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/the_markcast/status/1578210204633927681?s=42&t=_1Db4CX3hOEvcmxR9euhHw

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Oh my gosh he looks so stoked to be in the chipotle lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Curious what the exact changes the PA is seeking. I've seen plenty of theorizing what changes could be made to avert a repeat.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1578500553432526849

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Curious what the exact changes the PA is seeking. I've seen plenty of theorizing what changes could be made to avert a repeat.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1578500553432526849

The change is to prevent the Tua Buffalo situation from happening again. Loss of balance and coordination becomes a no-go and the player isn’t allowed back in the game.

Wouldn’t have fixed that he played a few days later though.

edit:

https://twitter.com/jennyvrentas/status/1578501990950182914?s=46&t=XhwJ_akZ0rcFLboPHFEyXw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Oh my gosh he looks so stoked to be in the chipotle lol

Yknow what so would I.

I'm sure his aw shucks thing is gonna wear thin eventually but not yet

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

Yknow what so would I.

I'm sure his aw shucks thing is gonna wear thin eventually but not yet

Nah, it’s a nice antidote to pervasive cynicism and the generally unhappy state of the world to see him enjoying himself and his good fortune.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ehud posted:

The change is to prevent the Tua Buffalo situation from happening again. Loss of balance and coordination becomes a no-go and the player isn’t allowed back in the game.

Wouldn’t have fixed that he played a few days later though.

I mean it was already a No-Go sign to begin with the problem is they assume it's orthopedic cause instead of neurological when it comes to the protocol. That's the loophole in the language. If they're changing it to be "rule out concussion" then look for orthopedic or just taking everyone with instability out for the game. I can't imagine making all instability an immediate out for the game popular because that could be a twisted ankle or stinger. That's what I'm curious about.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Close Encounters of the Turd Kind

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nah, it’s a nice antidote to pervasive cynicism and the generally unhappy state of the world to see him enjoying himself and his good fortune.

:yeah:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean his aw shucks feels incredibly fake so I’m not sure if it really accomplished that unless your just desperate and will believe anything

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

kiimo posted:

Never. They wouldn’t listen and thought they were so dang smart lol

43-8 and now that’s not even the worst beating the Seahawks have given that fraud organization

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

Antonio Clown… Prince of Crime?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

What's this? The Falcons were constantly trying to get Matt Ryan killed? Yep, and I have receipts.

The last game at Candlestick Park. There's 1:10 left in the 4th, 3 Falcons are down 27-24 and have the ball on the 49ers 10 yard line. A field goal ties it, and a touchdown wins it for the Falcons.

Just start the video, the first frame after the title card is far enough. The Falcons have lined up in a formation where all-pro safety Eric Reid, #35, has a clear shot at Matt Ryan. He's going to get hit. Now, that's a bad play call for more reasons than that. Ryan will be throwing in a hurry, and he's decided where's he's going with the ball before the snap. He has to get the ball out fast, the defense knows it, and everyone on an eligible receiver knows that if Ryan looks in their direction, they're on the spot to break it up. Then this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBG-XEjDrS8

Also note that Bowman looks the ball into his hands with perfect technique, that's a clinic on how you catch a ball. And Reid jacks up Matt Ryan anyway.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

every other major sports league is smart to treat Denver like a dogshit small market team. yet the NFL always treats it like it's loving Constantinople in the 4th century

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I miss NaVarro.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

epic bacon posted:

every other major sports league is smart to treat Denver like a dogshit small market team. yet the NFL always treats it like it's loving Constantinople in the 4th century

Elway winning (and Peyton too) didn't help.

Then again I believe it's the largest city in the Mountain Time Zone so there's that.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean his aw shucks feels incredibly fake so I’m not sure if it really accomplished that unless your just desperate and will believe anything

YOLOsubmarine posted:

pervasive cynicism

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Android Apocalypse posted:

Elway winning (and Peyton too) didn't help.

Then again I believe it's the largest city in the Mountain Time Zone so there's that.

Denver has a little over 715,000 people in it.

Phoenix has nearly 1.7 million people.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
So what you're saying is if Phoenix wins a Super Bowl they'll become completely insufferable.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

People don't live in Phoenix. They are merely planning their escape the surface of the sun.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Denver is a great city and Colorado owns, just gently caress the broncos forever lol

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1578401198461386755?s=20&t=R4CFJkxQkfHxmJs5GaXaDQ
Views:
:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
That doesn't explain Dan snyder