Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

gently caress these pills. All my homies hate these pills. I can't form a full thought and I want to die

And all just to bleed after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Fuuuuuck I hate period shits.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
My mom totally ruined my day by reminding me that I'm getting old and need to start thinking about regular mammograms because there's also a history of breast cancer in my dad's family

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

IME they are not too bad. All the technicians I've had have been really pleasant and are very careful about warning you when they need to move your breasts around to get the images done correctly. The stupid little cape is also pretty fun.

Today I am having cramps AND gas pains, it is super awesome

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

Powerful Katrinka posted:

My mom totally ruined my day by reminding me that I'm getting old and need to start thinking about regular mammograms because there's also a history of breast cancer in my dad's family

I have it on both sides of my family so even though I’m not 40 I’ve already started mammograms. I’m an A cup so I’ve joked with the techs that I’m sorry they don’t have much to work with :) they’ve always been incredible and professional!

Does anyone else get into a, for lack of better phrase, “nesting mode” before a period starts? Mine just kicked in and two days before I was all about making food and doing house prep. I guess my body knew before my brain that we were gonna be laid out for a day.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Thank you Covid for delaying my period for six whole days, causing no small amount of panic…(though allowing some additional “quality time” with my partner, thank you Covid for that I guess?) However now it’s finally come…right in the middle of a big music festival I’m attending…with really bad first day cramping that WOULD have been over by now if it hadn’t been delayed.

Aaaaaaagh.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

The audacity of the heaviest day of my period coinciding with the one day I actually have plans to go out and have fun for once :argh:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone tried cloth pads? I decided to give it a shot, and while I don't know how they will do overnight, during the day, pretty nice. It looked like I bled a lot less but that might have just been the pattern on them.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

coronatae posted:

IME they are not too bad. All the technicians I've had have been really pleasant and are very careful about warning you when they need to move your breasts around to get the images done correctly. The stupid little cape is also pretty fun.

Today I am having cramps AND gas pains, it is super awesome

Gotta say, after my first mammogram that I got, it has to be all uphill from there, right?
(I had bruises on my left breast from it)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pomme de Terror posted:

Gotta say, after my first mammogram that I got, it has to be all uphill from there, right?
(I had bruises on my left breast from it)

If you have big breasts they are horrific. I don't know how adjustable the plates are, seems like ? not but they HAVE to be right ?!. I always think jeesus this can't be good for them lol. (Of course I still get them regularly.)

Every tech has always been very professional and female and I always think to myself this woman has seen more breasts than I can imagine so eh, don't be too embarrassed.

BTW goon ladies. When you hit 50 get a colonoscopy. The prep sucks but colon cancer has no symptoms often until very late and can easily be caught early and prevented unlike many cancers. My brother is dying from it right now.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
True that on the colon cancer screen. Cousin of mine who lives a very healthy vegetarian life ended up having stage 3 at age 35.

She put it in remission for 5 years, is fighting it again.

Worth making GBS threads your brains out for hours to catch it early.

Just found out my sister has probable breast cancer :( waiting on her biopsy results. Getting older is a whole new set of poo poo to worry about.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone tried cloth pads? I decided to give it a shot, and while I don't know how they will do overnight, during the day, pretty nice. It looked like I bled a lot less but that might have just been the pattern on them.

Been using them for years. I have regular ones for the day and bigger ones for the night. Always have to wear bottoms though at night, partially to catch a little bit of bleed through but mostly to keep my underwear from bunching up too much when I sleep.

Also choot choot here comes your period!

You overcooked the potato slices and now they fell apart and you can't make dehydrated potato chips like you been talking about for the past day and you're just going to have make an au gratin LIKE A MORON who can't blanche potatoes and your husband is going to realize he can DO SO MUCH BETTER and that you tricked him into loving you and you can't get YOUR CAREER going and your son will grow up to resent you because your PROMISED HIM CHIPS but you COOKED THEM TOO LONG you utter loving idiot.

:argh::ftbrg:

Stupid period.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The last period was only four days and I am deeply suspicious. I mean it wrecked two pairs of pyjamas but even so. It's too quiet.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

HopperUK posted:

The last period was only four days and I am deeply suspicious. I mean it wrecked two pairs of pyjamas but even so. It's too quiet.

That doesn't seem quiet, it just exhausted itself a little early. Your next period will pace itself, probably

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Spinz posted:

If you have big breasts they are horrific. I don't know how adjustable the plates are, seems like ? not but they HAVE to be right ?!. I always think jeesus this can't be good for them lol. (Of course I still get them regularly.)

Every tech has always been very professional and female and I always think to myself this woman has seen more breasts than I can imagine so eh, don't be too embarrassed.

The most annoying part was I don't even have big breasts, they just were really rough with the adjustment. The tech was really sweet throughout the whole thing though.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pomme de Terror posted:

The most annoying part was I don't even have big breasts, they just were really rough with the adjustment. The tech was really sweet throughout the whole thing though.

OK they must definitely be adjustable and everyones have to be painfully squished flat to get a good picture :cry:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

I have it on both sides of my family so even though I’m not 40 I’ve already started mammograms. I’m an A cup so I’ve joked with the techs that I’m sorry they don’t have much to work with :) they’ve always been incredible and professional!

Does anyone else get into a, for lack of better phrase, “nesting mode” before a period starts? Mine just kicked in and two days before I was all about making food and doing house prep. I guess my body knew before my brain that we were gonna be laid out for a day.

Before my cycle starts I really like creams and cheeses and milks. Even on the pill and I get to avoid the bleeding part generally, I still know the cycle because these cravings still happen.

Also to chime in I've had good luck with mammograms and being treated well. It hasn't ever been painful or more uncomfortable than it has to be.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My flow is the absolute tiniest trickle and it feels like my uterus is trying to get off on a technicality

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Has anyone here had endometrioma? Did you have some sort of treatment? Found out today I have one. It's kinda wild, because I've been ≈blessed≈ with relatively easy periods and wouldn't have ever suspected a thing. I'm pregnant so they're just going to monitor it for now, but I can't take the combination pill because of migraine and IUDs are out too, so I'm not 100% where that leaves me in regards of treatment in the future.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Doll House Ghost posted:

Has anyone here had endometrioma? Did you have some sort of treatment? Found out today I have one. It's kinda wild, because I've been ≈blessed≈ with relatively easy periods and wouldn't have ever suspected a thing. I'm pregnant so they're just going to monitor it for now, but I can't take the combination pill because of migraine and IUDs are out too, so I'm not 100% where that leaves me in regards of treatment in the future.

I have not but I knew a lady who did have this and I recall she had surgery. I don't remember her being down for too long and she bounced back quickly.

Congrats on the pregnancy too. :)

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

I know most people go for the Shining when joking /talking about periods, but for some reason this one feels like that one scene from Dexter where he walks into the room of blood and then flops around.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pomme de Terror posted:

I know most people go for the Shining when joking /talking about periods, but for some reason this one feels like that one scene from Dexter where he walks into the room of blood and then flops around.

I usually think of every scene from True Blood where Sookie had a vampire explode all over her.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

DemonDarkhorse posted:

leak proof my rear end. tell that to my sheets

Hey DemonDarkhorse's sheets, listen up and leak proof her rear end PRONTO!

minema
May 31, 2011
I've had this fun thing for the last three months where I get my normal period with cramps etc and it tails off as normal which is then IMMEDIATELY followed up by a second period complete with new cramps?? Luckily I have a light flow but still. And now for the last 4 weeks I've had constant left pelvic pain and they've found a 60x55x40mm ovarian cyst. I've been referred to gynae but it's a 4 month wait to be seen and my GP said they're unlikely to remove it since no signs of malignancy (which is obviously good!) So in the meantime I can't exercise, have sex, eat a normal sized meal, or sit up for more than 30 minutes because of the horrible pain it causes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

my right ovary woke me up last night. very rude.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

wizardofloneliness posted:

my right ovary woke me up last night. very rude.

What IS it with whingy right ovaries? Mine is absolutely consistently a fussy bitch every time it's its turn to do anything.

Literally every time I have a pissy ovary it is that one.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

minema posted:

I've had this fun thing for the last three months where I get my normal period with cramps etc and it tails off as normal which is then IMMEDIATELY followed up by a second period complete with new cramps?? Luckily I have a light flow but still. And now for the last 4 weeks I've had constant left pelvic pain and they've found a 60x55x40mm ovarian cyst. I've been referred to gynae but it's a 4 month wait to be seen and my GP said they're unlikely to remove it since no signs of malignancy (which is obviously good!) So in the meantime I can't exercise, have sex, eat a normal sized meal, or sit up for more than 30 minutes because of the horrible pain it causes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1) Since when are second periods and pain so intense it prevents someone from being able to live normally NOT signs of malignancy?
2) Don't benign tumors get removed all the time?

I swear to loving god, the medical industry doesn't give a flying gently caress about uterus/ovary-havers and it's sickening.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Add me into the count of people with garbage right ovaries. I've never once felt poo poo from lefty but righty is always up to no good. Cysts. Mittelschmerz. mystery cramps.

minema
May 31, 2011
Went to see someone privately about the cyst to avoid a 4 month wait and he told me cysts don't cause pain and it's probably IBS. Seems questionable since my pain is exclusively left sided where the cyst is, doesn't vary with what I eat, I've never had bowel issues before, and even the gentlest penetration or even clitoral orgasm is agonising. But obviously it's my bowels.

He did say they could remove it surgically privately but the NHS likely would just leave it since it's not looking cancerous or anything.

He also said there's no chance of it rupturing at all which seems questionable. And his first three questions were age, marital status, and how many children I have.

So overall the worst feeling £200 I've spent in a while but at least now I can consider surgery.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

My right ovary is the bitchy one also! Twists about, wakes me up. Lefty has never done a thing wrong in her life.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

minema posted:

Went to see someone privately about the cyst to avoid a 4 month wait and he told me cysts don't cause pain and it's probably IBS. Seems questionable since my pain is exclusively left sided where the cyst is, doesn't vary with what I eat, I've never had bowel issues before, and even the gentlest penetration or even clitoral orgasm is agonising. But obviously it's my bowels.

He did say they could remove it surgically privately but the NHS likely would just leave it since it's not looking cancerous or anything.

He also said there's no chance of it rupturing at all which seems questionable. And his first three questions were age, marital status, and how many children I have.

So overall the worst feeling £200 I've spent in a while but at least now I can consider surgery.

Cysts definitely cause pain. Not sure what the gently caress that guy is about.

minema
May 31, 2011
It seems to be a relatively common thing to be told, at least in the UK, that fluid filled cysts are normal and always asymptomatic. He also said it was still small, wonder how he'd feel with an apple sized cyst on his balls :)

To be fair I didn't realise that ovulation does always involve a small cyst which then bursts when the egg is released which is pretty loving cool.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I had a fluid filled cyst that made me go to the ER when I was 19, the rear end in a top hat male ER doctor palpated so deeply I was almost screaming and then surprise and shock the CT report stated there was free fluid around the ovary, thanks for forcefully rupturing my cyst, glad it didn't take the ovary with it

prick

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pyrtanis posted:

I had a fluid filled cyst that made me go to the ER when I was 19, the rear end in a top hat male ER doctor palpated so deeply I was almost screaming and then surprise and shock the CT report stated there was free fluid around the ovary, thanks for forcefully rupturing my cyst, glad it didn't take the ovary with it

prick

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pyrtanis posted:

prick

My vagina just screamed in horror

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We are just badly designed creatures, thank you evolution. But it doesn't help that it seems that 99% of women's health care is about how many kids you have or will have and that's about it. Maybe some fuckery about a husband stitch.

Anyone else get the insane anxiety highs a week or so before and right up till the bleeding starts? And then a wipe, you see the blood, and just 90% of the anxiety and paranoia evaporates to just the general nastyfuck time of the period.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

We are just badly designed creatures, thank you evolution. But it doesn't help that it seems that 99% of women's health care is about how many kids you have or will have and that's about it. Maybe some fuckery about a husband stitch.

Anyone else get the insane anxiety highs a week or so before and right up till the bleeding starts? And then a wipe, you see the blood, and just 90% of the anxiety and paranoia evaporates to just the general nastyfuck time of the period.

I get unreasonable rage at everything and also anxiety, yes. I've been on this rodeo for YEARS and I still get surprised by that bitch rolling into twat town. high five wipe clarity buddy

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I track my period and have done for years, and every time I get ovulation pain I check my tracker. Every time it says I most likely ovulated a week ago. What gives?

Also I have two kids so I know all the tubes work.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

me, in July posted:

My cramps have been super mild this month, and I'm almost, like...suspicious. Like, I'm not really doing anything differently, the flow isn't different, I'm just not in searing pain every second of every day, and this confuses me.

My cramps are still mild, and I guess maybe that's just how it is now? I have STILL changed absolutely nothing about my lifestyle in any way, so I'm STILL very confused. My mom told me that her periods got more manageable when she was around 35 too, so...yay? :confuoot:

The weirdest (edit: and least convenient, in a way) part of this is definitely the fact that the amount of flow no longer directly correlates to the amount of cramp pain.

The worst part of this is not having any excuse to smoke weed and/or eat edibles on weekdays. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Randomly getting cramps and hormone nonsense like two weeks after my period. This is bullshit!