Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Good thing I'm not on the show, my finisher would have been "... with Kobe".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

"Crashes more" is up there with Alan Davies's monster noise :laffo:

Dara 's head turning red when that was said was great.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Irisi posted:

After two episodes I don't think I'm really getting John Kearns' approach to this at all.

Like, I found Nishs' angry, chaotic ineptitude very funny, and Paul Chowdhrys' dry, dazed ineptitude quite funny, but I'm just not finding Johns' poor attempts and lack of particularly amusing banter in the studio funny at all so far? I think I'm missing something about him.

he's more of a paul sinha

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I asked TM stats head Jack Bernhardt on Twitter if anyone else had ever got a clean sweep before and didn’t get a reply. I was sure someone had but was probably remembering live task extra points.

This week was much funnier, Munya is great, John is gonna take a few more weeks but is growing on me, and Fern is as much of a delight as I expected.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Per posted:

Good thing I'm not on the show, my finisher would have been "... with Kobe".

SAME it was all I could think of

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

thehustler posted:

I asked TM stats head Jack Bernhardt on Twitter if anyone else had ever got a clean sweep before and didn’t get a reply. I was sure someone had but was probably remembering live task extra points.

pretty sure Adrian Chiles got 5 on every task on the new years special

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

pretty sure Adrian Chiles got 5 on every task on the new years special

All the house tasks, 15/15, but dropped 2 points on the prize and 1 on the live task. Maybe we can argue that Dara had it easier because the live task was in teams, so it's more like 50:50 chances of getting max points? Perhaps there's still a quest to achieve the pure perfect game, 25 points in an episode of five individual tasks all scored from 1 to 5.

On another note, watching the beer mats tasks reminded me of how good Alex and Bridget were as a pair, absolute lightning in a bottle stuff. Which other contestants had a really funny and unique rapport with Alex? Mel maybe? Katherine Parkinson?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Sally Philips & absinthe?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yqXfQCr9g

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sarah always seems so cheerful.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
John has made me laugh out loud with strategic one-liners a few times in the studio. "From the maker of Peas" got me real good, and so did something he said this episode made me bust up as well, but I can't remember what exactly.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Superrodan posted:

John has made me laugh out loud with strategic one-liners a few times in the studio. "From the maker of Peas" got me real good, and so did something he said this episode made me bust up as well, but I can't remember what exactly.

Maybe the bit about getting ducks from a pharmacy?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I totally knew what he meant

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Yeah John has made some absolutely hilarious comeback quips, but everything leading up to them is so dull.

So weird to think how many gosh darn episodes this show has now. Feels like yesterday it was Joe Wilkinson throwing a potato.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

drunken officeparty posted:

Feels like yesterday it was Joe Wilkinson throwing a potato.

And what of a throw it was.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Heavy_D posted:

Maybe the bit about getting ducks from a pharmacy?

I watched it again. It was his "I don't know, I never read it" line. Fantastic response.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Already getting a lot of enjoyment from how they're already dunking on him for how poo poo he's being, so good for something at least.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I'm assuming we lose a lot of John in the edits.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

But if it didn't make the edit... was it that much to loose?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

itry posted:

Sarah always seems so cheerful.

She is so jolly and her voice so sugar-sweet, and then she says something incredibly cutting, and it's like a razorblade hidden in candyfloss, all the more startling for how unexpected it is. I do like her, she's always such fun on these types of shows.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

But if it didn't make the edit... was it that much to loose?

having been to a live taping, there was a joke Phil Wang made that I can't remember the specifics of but it involved Pearl Harbour and cum

so yes sometimes you lose a lot

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Irisi posted:

She is so jolly and her voice so sugar-sweet, and then she says something incredibly cutting, and it's like a razorblade hidden in candyfloss, all the more startling for how unexpected it is. I do like her, she's always such fun on these types of shows.

Yeah I love the disconnect between what she says and how she says it. She also has this great ability to convey the impression that she has no idea what she's doing while doing something brilliant.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That was one of the best live tasks ever. I'd watch an hour long show of it.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

thehustler posted:

Pretty sure Joe Thomas got max in one episode. The one with the train yard "get as close to Alex as possible" task.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
On FB (and annoyingly ONLY on FB at the moment), there’s a video of some fantastic cut bits about Dara possibly cheating on the grape task, and some extra stuff on the live task plus outtakes which made me cry with laughter.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
See if this works, wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb60rANE5Yw

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Bertha the Toaster posted:

See if this works, wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb60rANE5Yw

Thank you for this, it was great.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, awesome job! That’s much easier than FB.

It just makes me think I’d kill for Taskmaster XL eps.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

Taskmaster XL

Oh, yes please.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Someone enterprising with a lot of time on their hands could probably very easily edit the youtube outtakes into their episodes, but I know that's not what you mean.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

We want the good stuff from the secret stockroom they keep at the back :rant:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I hope they did go to Legoland, that sounds like a fun day out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Munya didn’t get an invite :(

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Munya didn’t get an invite :(

*drying eyes* Munya is an adult who totally wouldn't enjoy childish things anyway

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 12, 2022

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Do they even have Legoland in Zimbabwe? I assume they have something better that he'd just spend the day talking about.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Munya has five people back home who do the gold panning on his behalf, no doubt.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Bonus task as a promo for tonight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmn_1M63-k

There's also some buzz about tonight's episode featuring something memorable on the level of Absolute Casserole or last season's licking task, tried to avoid actually spoiling myself on it further...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
"The Flavor of Hopelessness"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
John was the perfect person for the sabotage side-task. What a performance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm so glad they adapted that twist from NZTM. Perfect use of it. Overall really great episode.