Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I logged in real quick to equip the legendary Kiriko skin from the twitch drop I got and my friends list is now completely empty lol. Blizzard pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
5 min to play as damage here, so I think I’m out.

I never really liked it when they started forcing roles on people in quickplay. It just sucks, a lot. All it resulted in is longer queues and less variance in matches. Just a lot less fun overall

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 8, 2022

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
how exactly do you get more legacy coins?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Thumbtacks posted:

how exactly do you get more legacy coins?

You don't. If you want something that's purchasable with legacy coins but used them all, you have to wait until whatever it was you wanted to unlock becomes available in the shop where you can purchase it with current coins that you buy with real money. It says if a skin or whatever is sometimes available in the shop when you're browsing the hero gallery.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

as soon as a skin or something becomes annoying to get it costs money it becomes invisible to me but we can't all be untaintable gamers

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

teagone posted:

You don't. If you want something that's purchasable with legacy coins but used them all, you have to wait until whatever it was you wanted to unlock becomes available in the shop where you can purchase it with current coins that you buy with real money. It says if a skin or whatever is sometimes available in the shop when you're browsing the hero gallery.

ah i see. okay gotta make the legacy coins count I guess. rip loot boxes, which were actually fun

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How does Sombra actually work these days? The F1 help screen says her hack disables abilities which is... not true? I think only her EMP ultimate actually disables abilities anymore. I think hacking makes enemies more vulnerable to damage.

Either way, the hero info screen seems out-of-date for Sombra.

I also don't like how they took out the ability to practice heroes in the training range from the hero gallery. You can only manually click through to the training range.

Also, is it just me or is it really finicky to cancel the automatic queue for the next match? You have to hit ESC for the cancel button to appear then click it to cancel out.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

How does Sombra actually work these days? The F1 help screen says her hack disables abilities which is... not true? I think only her EMP ultimate actually disables abilities anymore. I think hacking makes enemies more vulnerable to damage.

I also don't like how they took out the ability to practice heroes in the training range from the hero gallery. You can only manually click through to the training range.

Also, is it just me or is it really finicky to cancel the automatic queue for the next match? You have to hit ESC for the cancel button to appear then click it to cancel out.

No it's still correct. The hack locks out abilities for a bit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Coward posted:

And I will still complain about characters from (and representing) non-English-speaking countries that don't have voice lines in their native language. Looking at you, Hanzo, Lucio, Pharah, Rein and Torb (and it'd be nice for Doomfist and Orisa, and for Mercy to have more than one)

Also Zarya. Her "Russian" lines is just someone who can't speak Russian trying to pronounce them phonetically.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Blizzard should redo her character and make her Ukrainian.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Based on these cinematic shorts, it looks like Overwatch characters subsist on a diet of processed garbage. Pie, instant noodles, D.va-branded soda & crisps, donuts, pizza, etc. Winston's peanut butter (assuming it's the all-natural type you have to stir) is probably the healthiest thing I've seen anyone eat in this game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It is pretty funny how Moira is literally the only hero to not get ANY changes between OW1 and OW2.

I guess you really can't improve perfection.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Dick Jones posted:

Based on these cinematic shorts, it looks like Overwatch characters subsist on a diet of processed garbage. Pie, instant noodles, D.va-branded soda & crisps, donuts, pizza, etc. Winston's peanut butter (assuming it's the all-natural type you have to stir) is probably the healthiest thing I've seen anyone eat in this game.

they have to make them relatable to the target demo

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also, did they put in Enfeebling Orb for Moira in the beta but took it out again? I think she still has a voice quip about "poison" in the final game which is a lost reference to this ability?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Are there skins that are just straight up MISSING from the game entirely? I noticed I don't have the Hydra skin for Sym anymore and it just appears to not even be in the game.

Also, why does the McCass gun sound like Pharah firing rockets?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
peanut butter is not healthy at all lol

It's like 600 calories every 100 gram

it's really good for bulking and putting on weight fast though

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Also, did they put in Enfeebling Orb for Moira in the beta but took it out again? I think she still has a voice quip about "poison" in the final game which is a lost reference to this ability?

They took it out. She referred to her damage as "poison" in OW1 too.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
If I cared about battlepass XP I guess I'd be enjoying constantly backfilling games.

My overwatch experience:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjdxkk4FMM

DrBox fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 8, 2022

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Zzulu posted:

thanks man

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

BabyRyoga posted:

re: Moira. If you are popping off with her that much, it's because you are probably playing against bad people

im aware? i was diamond. they reset elo.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Zzulu posted:

oh yeah?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
drat winston is probably stacked

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Hack disables abilities for 1.75 seconds (up from 1 second during the beta).

It’s mostly for interrupting, but combined with the 40% damage boost the 1.75 seconds means you can delete an Ana before she can use grenade or sleep dart if you have enough headshot accuracy.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Despite having been announced 3 years ago, parts of this release still feel cobbled together and rushed out the door.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 8, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Proven posted:

It’s mostly for interrupting, but combined with the 40% damage boost the 1.75 seconds means you can delete an Ana before she can use grenade or sleep dart if you have enough headshot accuracy.

I was using it to bully a widowmaker that was popping off.

We still lost that game though.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Still no Big Head mode somehow.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zzulu posted:

low calorie is not the be all and end-all of health
a 7'3" gorilla who spends his days leaping 30 feet into the air and going berserk to punch people in the face has slightly different calorie requirements than a sedentary overwatch gamer

and even without that, 600 calories of peanut butter is still gonna be healthier than 600 calories of chips or donuts or instant noodles.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Please fork out 36€ for three skins that were already free in the 60€ game that you already paid for.
Why make new content when you can sell old content several times?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Proven posted:

The +40% damage boost lasts 8 seconds like the wallhack part. She's pretty op at the moment.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The more I keep playing quickplay, the more whiplash I'm getting from years of OW1 intuition suddenly clashing with the new OW2 modus operandi.

I just played an Eichenwalde Defense match where our team kept pushing in toward their spawn from the control point. My thought pattern went something like, "Orisa! ORISA! What are you doing!? You are way out of position and you're gonna get us all killed! Come back to the chokepoint! No... wait... We just killed them all again. That's fine, I guess."

I mean, I eventually made a stupid play as Mercy and overextended for a rez which got me killed, leading to an almost complete team wipe because of arrogance, but still. Feels loving weird.

e: Speaking of which, I feel like the new changes are kind of a double-edged sword in that the action is a lot quicker and there's less shield stalemates now, leading to more fun; but on the other hand, there's little you can do to stop the whole team from crumbling once a few pegs come loose. Before, you could salvage a one-man-down team disadvantage and come out on top, but now it seems like it's the inverse.

I think between feeling like a cog in a machine unable to move the team to action before in OW1 vs being unable to stop the tide of a total wipe in OW2, I'd still rather choose the latter since the action is quicker and I feel less frustrated overall. Still, I can't help but notice the irony. Monkey's paw, etc.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 8, 2022

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I think between feeling like a cog in a machine unable to move the team to action before in OW1 vs being unable to stop the tide of a total wipe in OW2, I'd still rather choose the latter since the action is quicker and I feel less frustrated overall. Still, I can't help but notice the irony. Monkey's paw, etc.

I feel like if your game is going to have a lot of random and sudden deaths, then it works better with large teams and a more static battleground. That's how games like Battlefield and such work: you may die to a random sniper headshot or a tank blowing you up, but it doesn't matter because there are 31 other players on your team and you're back in the action within like 10 seconds. But in OW2, the teams are small and you can randomly die to hanzo spamming the chokepoint at head level with his arrows, and then you have to spend the next 30 seconds watching your team get wrecked because they're down a player.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 8, 2022

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

The more I keep playing quickplay, the more whiplash I'm getting from years of OW1 intuition suddenly clashing with the new OW2 modus operandi.

I just played an Eichenwalde Defense match where our team kept pushing in toward their spawn from the control point. My thought pattern went something like, "Orisa! ORISA! What are you doing!? You are way out of position and you're gonna get us all killed! Come back to the chokepoint! No... wait... We just killed them all again. That's fine, I guess."

I mean, I eventually made a stupid play as Mercy and overextended for a rez which got me killed, leading to an almost complete team wipe because of arrogance, but still. Feels loving weird.

e: Speaking of which, I feel like the new changes are kind of a double-edged sword in that the action is a lot quicker and there's less shield stalemates now, leading to more fun; but on the other hand, there's little you can do to stop the whole team from crumbling once a few pegs come loose. Before, you could salvage a one-man-down team disadvantage and come out on top, but now it seems like it's the inverse.

The tendency for people to overextend, where we’ve lost entire comp games because the whole team pushed forward one by one from 99% overtime and got wiped and the inability for people to wait at spawn to group up is so frustrating.

That last one snowballs because you have to get to the point or payload to stall while everyone else is respawning which means you’re in a permanent stagger.

Also is it just me or is absolutely nobody on mic? Have I got a setting wrong or something? (Not that I use it but I’ve just not heard a single word since I started ow2)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aipsh posted:

The tendency for people to overextend, where we’ve lost entire comp games because the whole team pushed forward one by one from 99% overtime and got wiped and the inability for people to wait at spawn to group up is so frustrating.

That last one snowballs because you have to get to the point or payload to stall while everyone else is respawning which means you’re in a permanent stagger.

I think on defense it's really tempting for people to make stupid plays/overextend because they get bored doing the same rote thing over and over again for several minutes until the match is over. Yeah, reliable strategy gets the win; but I think people get cocky and want to make daring plays to get POTG/look like a bad-rear end/get extra kills/rub it in the enemy's team face/etc and lose sight of the win condition entirely. Plus, if there's more back-and-forth action, it makes the match more exciting and people would rather feel excited than make optimal plays to secure a win.

e:

adhuin posted:

The +40% damage boost lasts 8 seconds like the wallhack part. She's pretty op at the moment.

Damage boost for Sombra only or for anyone attacking the hacked target? How does it compare to Zen's discord orb?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 8, 2022

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

xgalaxy posted:

I don’t understand why my aim is bad in Overwatch.
In a game like Valorant for example I consistently get kills and headshots.
In this game it’s like 80% of my shots miss.

I don’t get it.

There's so much poo poo on the screen during a fight that you often can't even see what you're aiming at

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Damage boost for Sombra only or for anyone attacking the hacked target? How does it compare to Zen's discord orb?

It's only for her. Zen's boost is +20%.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Aipsh posted:

Also is it just me or is absolutely nobody on mic? Have I got a setting wrong or something? (Not that I use it but I’ve just not heard a single word since I started ow2)

Im noticing this too, even in comp. In qp theres maybe one guy being a huge rear end in a top hat and three players not in channel. Maybe new players not realising autojoin is a thing or older players trying to focus on learning new rhythms i dunno. Qp voice in ow1 was typically quite wholesome and fun for me

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So glad I can ignore team chat in overwatch. Yes, I'm bad, I'm in bronze. Bronze means you can't get any worse in this game. Thanks for telling me that I suck! I really don't want to communicate with my team in any way, text or mic. Every game someone tells me I suck, yeah, very morale raising... I'm sure I'll get better.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Haven't heard anyone say anything, or seen anyone write anything yet.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Zzulu posted:

Haven't heard anyone say anything, or seen anyone write anything yet.

I've seen a few "ez" when there's been a total railroading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it's harder to be a bitch in this game when everyone can see everyone else's stats