Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
I haven't even bothered to look at what titles I've earned since <House Fortemps Knight>.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

<Grandmaster of the Hand> is the perfect title to let everyone know you're jerking off.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's ffxiv, everyone already knows that.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'd love the ability to associate different mount and minion roulette lists with different jobs in this game. It'd be great if I could press one button and get e.g. a random one of robot mounts for my machinist, a random voidsent minion for my reaper, etc. I've done a bit of googling to see if I can set up a macro that will tweak my 'favourite' mount/minion settings when I change jobs, but not much luck there.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/lyhe_ghiah/status/1578372603734999040?t=fft_ZLzEaixloWRht5GUNA&s=19

I need to see Thancred with a Mario stache now

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

<Grandmaster of the Hand> is the perfect title to let everyone know you're jerking off.

I mean <Deck Holder> is also available.

Jabbering Idiot
Jun 5, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, top-end achievements in this game are insanely gross, I presume because you're supposed to work on them passively for years? MMOs!

In general, the 'difficult' achievements in FFXIV have always been... 'unimaginative,' for lack of a better word.

I always thought achievements were just shoehorned in because other MMOs (particularly WoW) had em without really trying to make the system stand on its own.

Some of them work just fine like this, like leveling x jobs to max, completing y encounter, completing z sidestory, and the occasional rewards for achievements have always been nice and fun.

But like, compared with a large amount of achievements in WoW that were "beat this raid/dungeon boss in a very strange way" or "have this unusual outcome happen in a pvp match," FFXIV has always zeroed in on the "do this one thing 1000 times." The closest thing FFXIV has to just silly encounter challenges are the BLU things, and for some reason they don't put in BLU achievements for any raids except the last floor of each tier, and they won't let BLU do Ultimates (though maybe that's cuz they can't disallow them from giving the non-BLU achievements or something).

I guess the lesson is not to fear the man that has practiced 10,000 different achievements, but instead practiced one achievement 10,000 times

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've been using <Big Fish> ever since I earned it and I'll be using the EW equiv whenever it comes out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Looks like the 6.2 soundtrack dropped on Apple music. Learned through Twitter, I really wish they would let Spotify stream it when they release it on Apple music.

Is SE even putting anymore XIV music on Spotify? We still haven't gotten anything past 5.0.

Also speaking of the soundtrack does the EW soundtrack (spoiler just in case for endgame EW)have an edit of Footfalls that starts near the end that they used for the final solo duty?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

This is-a me, Thancred!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I mean <Deck Holder> is also available.

That's the newbie version.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Stormblood LP sees The Warrior of Light complete her training by striking down a dark lord and realizes that Star Wars was just Samurai movies all along!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Countblanc posted:

i wonder what the most commonly used title is aside from ones you get from MSQ.

i feel like i see "Domitrix" a lot

<Heart of the Party> is very easy to get and feels good to show off, it was my first title and one I wore for quite a while. I generally run with titles not shown to reduce screen clutter, but for some reason (I didn't set it properly) that doesn't apply to alliance raids, and I usually see two or three HotP in Crystal Tower.

Meanwhile, I have been up to my ears in high school bullshit and mysteries for way too long with the Scholasticate questline, it's time for something different.

Redwald warned me the area we were headed for was quite cold, so I went back and put on a nice warm hat. Godbert, meanwhile, keeps wearing fewer and fewer clothes.

e: Onward, Niddy, there's fuckery to spread.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 8, 2022

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Some of those are just ludicrously high numbers. 10,000 pieces of the horde???

the guy who literally streams 5-6 hours of palace of the dead 5 days a week took years to get that achievement. admittedly a ton was on high floors solo where he wasnt going for horde but last time I calculated it assuming you have insanely good luck it would take something like 1000 hours to get this one.

I'm at about 2200 or something and the title sucks anyway so whatever

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They're gonna have some numbers changes for 6.28 focused on underperforming jobs, and are basically looking at lessening the ranged physical damage tax by 6.3.

Also, they'll apparently be fixing Paladin Cover spam in Frontlines.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hogama posted:

Also, they'll apparently be fixing Paladin Cover spam in Frontlines.

But no mention whatsoever of Rival Wings, so PvP is otherwise back to normal: neglecting its only fun mode.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Dareon posted:

<Heart of the Party> is very easy to get and feels good to show off, it was my first title and one I wore for quite a while. I generally run with titles not shown to reduce screen clutter, but for some reason (I didn't set it properly) that doesn't apply to alliance raids, and I usually see two or three HotP in Crystal Tower.

<Heart of the Party> always makes me assume I'm dealing with a pretty new (like pre-HW) sprout, same with <Gambler> and a couple others.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, every time I'm in a duty with a sprout with <Gambler>, I assume they're brand new. Usually gets my comm if they're not a huge rear end in a top hat.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Got your official patch date.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Rival Wings sucks rear end, keep it out of the frontline roulette, I am mad enough at secure's continuing existence.

That said, making a rival wings roulette is such a no-brainer, I have no idea why they haven't done it yet.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hogama posted:

Got your official patch date.

Wonder what kind of mount the Omicrons are gonna have.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
More important than 6.25:

https://twitter.com/cleretic/status/1578617598845255680

(Apologies for linking the self-tweet, but I'm not cross-image hosting while watching the stream)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wonder what kind of mount the Omicrons are gonna have.

They showed it on the previous live letter. It's fuckin weird

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

FuturePastNow posted:

oh poo poo that rules lmao

Cleretic posted:

https://twitter.com/cleretic/status/1578617598845255680

(Apologies for linking the self-tweet, but I'm not cross-image hosting while watching the stream)

please forgive me I don't know what this means
e: ohhh thats stuff outside of the game, as in they're starting to create entries for the 3rd volume, ok. sorry absolute brain fart

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 8, 2022

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Oh poo poo, EE3? I just bought the first two and have been rolling around happily in my video-game lore pile. I wonder if they're going to do ShB/EW as one volume or just do ShB? It'd be nice to catch up, but I think ShB easily has enough content for a whole volume, and I want it all.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Zeruel posted:

The first two Encyclopedia Eorzea books contain shitloads of worldbuilding and lore, with the first going through the world as of early Heavensward patches, and the second both coloring in further info on that and including the new info from later Heavensward through to about mid-Stormblood.

The third will presumably be mostly Shadowbringers and Endwalker

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

Looked it up, don't know what it is, but I want it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Zeruel posted:

oh poo poo that rules lmao

e: ohhh thats stuff outside of the game, as in they're starting to create entries for the 3rd volume, ok. sorry absolute brain fart

Here's a link with a couple pictures. It shrinks you down like the level checker mount. It jiggles.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/wmpqif

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

Here's a link with a couple pictures. It shrinks you down like the level checker mount. It jiggles.

I'm just going to assume this thing was what the Omicron's original fleshy bodies looked like

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Antivehicular posted:

I'm just going to assume this thing was what the Omicron's original fleshy bodies looked like

Aren't those similar to the Ea from the other part of the map

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Apparently, while the role quests in Shadowbringers were split across multiple writers, nobody wanted to write the healers, so Banri Oda had to do it himself.

Even in the writing team healing is the in-need role.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1578632447289442305

the utensils rule, the scarecrow scythe is pretty good, the feo ul nouliths are alright, the cloak scythe weapon is decent but kinda bland

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1578632447289442305

the utensils rule, the scarecrow scythe is pretty good, the feo ul nouliths are alright, the cloak scythe weapon is decent but kinda bland

All of them are really good, but the Avatar scythe is in that awkward position where it feels like it should've already been in the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah exactly, its good but its hitting the strike zone of aesthetics expected for the job instead of really bringing anything new to the table. it feels like the kinda thing theyd hit eventually with or without the art contest. no disrespect to the artist tho, its a cool weapon

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

FuturePastNow posted:

but im already popoto-sized :confused:

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1578633106482921473/photo/1

patch notes for clothing

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Nothing is more important than cute tribe quests actually

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
For me it's gotta be a mixup between <Deep Canal Raider>, <The Excruciatingly Excited>, and <The Azure and Omega>.

Also what ever is the latest one unlocked. I'll rock what ever is new for a bit.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Regular cadence would have put 7.0 in late 2023, with these dates its looking more like summer 2024. Maybe they want to realign with the old schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

KoB posted:

Regular cadence would have put 7.0 in late 2023, with these dates its looking more like summer 2024. Maybe they want to realign with the old schedule.

you think they would delay an expansion by 6 months?