Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just saw a milk bone commercial about taking the dogpill. A woman is on some Bachelorette style show and instead of choosing the hot hunks she picks the dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Watched Eraser last night. Underrated action movie. It had a Quake Railgun in it. Hell, it's probably where the idea for the Quake Railgun came from.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mantis42 posted:

Just saw a milk bone commercial about taking the dogpill. A woman is on some Bachelorette style show and instead of choosing the hot hunks she picks the dog.

That’s a Cum Town bit

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Casey Finnigan posted:

i would pay a lot of money to just make star wars stop existing and stop happening

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Watched Eraser last night. Underrated action movie. It had a Quake Railgun in it. Hell, it's probably where the idea for the Quake Railgun came from.

lol i remember watching this when i was like eight, thinking the guns were so cool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
the Star Wars universe needs a John Wicklike movie

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

:hellyeah:

Noita
Oct 2, 2022

by Hand Knit

indigi posted:

the return of a legend bounty hunter?? have I got the property for you!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i watched the new dont hug me im scared it was good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Frosted Flake posted:

That’s a Cum Town bit
lol it really is

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Remember when everyone thought obi wan was gonna be like a desert ronin helping out moisture farmers or w/e then darth maul (as shown still being alive in Solo) was gonna be the villain?

Maybe in season two!!! Lmao

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

they recreated it 1:1 in Marathon Evil and it kicked so much rear end in 1997

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Xaris posted:

lol it really is

wwfd was a bit for decades before cum town. maybe they invented the word "dogpilled" though idk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I walked by the theater today and was looking at all the movie posters they had on display. How come they all look so bad now?

Anyways I will be watching the remake of 3:10 today.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I walked by the theater today and was looking at all the movie posters they had on display. How come they all look so bad now?

Anyways I will be watching the remake of 3:10 today.
western cinema is dying and everything is being squeezed with a race to the bottom. all the people with actual talent are gone

we just lost our last cinema in the downtown last month, rip. i used to walk to that. only AMC is left in emeryville

the bale one? it was alright for a modern western.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

indigi posted:

the closest we would have gotten was the cool “Star Wars 1313” game which sound like “the Raid but a prison escape” and seemed like the coolest thing ever but was announced JUST before the Disney buyout and was then killed and we never got it. gently caress.

Noita
Oct 2, 2022

by Hand Knit
ben foster, as always, is the best part

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

how can people see this outside the UK right now?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lol they're just making adult happy meals now

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Hollywood is just as bad as it’s always been with big budget movies. lots of stinkers, some gems like top gun 2

the difference is mid budget is gone from theaters and moved to streaming but the deluge of content there cheapens everything so the acting talent isn’t enough to carry things. the weird thing is the direct to dvd guys end up putting out better product due to being used to this format and production schedule and knowing what to sacrifice

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

lol they're just making adult happy meals now

mlnhd posted:

I ordered the cactus plant big mac happy meal thing on the app, but when I got to the store, they said there was no boxes or toys. They told me to come back tomorrow, but I wasn't sure if I would have to buy another meal or will they give me the things. I specifically chose this location because the app said it was in-stock, while the other store I would usually go to had it marked out of stock. So I know they have the power to take things off the menu on the mobile app

as it is now, I have paid $15 for a typical large big mac meal. I don't see a way to dispute the order on the app

I really MUST HAVE a four-eyed Grimace and/or Hamburglar toy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

that subforuym rules i like the entilted guy in the tbell thread too

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mastershakeman posted:

Hollywood is just as bad as it’s always been with big budget movies. lots of stinkers, some gems like top gun 2

the difference is mid budget is gone from theaters and moved to streaming but the deluge of content there cheapens everything so the acting talent isn’t enough to carry things. the weird thing is the direct to dvd guys end up putting out better product due to being used to this format and production schedule and knowing what to sacrifice

i'd disagree. sort of 2008-2010+ onward things are much worse with big budget than they were in say... 1988 or 1998.

but yes the mid-budget evaporated around 2002.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

indigi posted:

meesa thinking I'm back

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

why are they four eyed? creepy illuminati poo poo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

why are they four eyed? creepy illuminati poo poo

because an extremely expensive brand with ugly clothes uses that as their motif

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

mastershakeman posted:

The real reason there's no talent behind the scenes is that the real creative minds of the younger generations have gone independent and just do youtube stuff rather than get mired in the Hollywood system for more hours, less pay, and far less recognition.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I sort of doubt that's true but good for them for making better money

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i was interested in amsterdam after seeing an ad and hearing it involved the business plot, but the reviews are a huge deterrent unfortunately

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Crusader posted:

i was interested in amsterdam after seeing an ad and hearing it involved the business plot, but the reviews are a huge deterrent unfortunately

:same:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man I'm still mentally recovering from the blow of somebody thinking I liked the MCU and new Star Wars

How do you come back from that

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

Man I'm still mentally recovering from the blow of somebody thinking I liked the MCU and new Star Wars

How do you come back from that

I like tons of stupid spaceship poo poo (I watched Picard season 2 lmao) and yet I still feel insulted if someone says I like Star Wars.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Nichael posted:

how can people see this outside the UK right now?

I have absolutely no idea who the uploader is or how long they will stay up, but the new season is on youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zXP38RGoIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DENmkNrhBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NU3F6Rq9M0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX7lPHCYPdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ulDA3LMMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=812RY84ognE

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

thank you sir

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

MacheteZombie posted:

Yup!

The og or the 80s remake? I made the OG CDs movie of the month this month!

The one with Malcolm McDowell, I assume it was the 80s

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

that movie is such wonderful, elegant gutter trash

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I watched the first episode just now (thank you again), and it's amazing. I was skeptical they'd be able to keep the tone at a real television show's length, but they do.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Did anyone watch The Greatest Beer Run Ever? It seems like a movie designed to destroy my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i posted the trailer here because it looked so stupid. don't think i can watch it