Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Eeyo posted:

Ok here's it going the other way

This is better and I want it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

worms butthole guy posted:

For reference my Rom Manager always takes like two minutes to actually load. It's the worst part of Emudeck.
Honestly it kinda sucks anyway, not sure why anyone wants to clutter up their steam library with a bunch of roms

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It was a neat idea until I realized what emulation station was for

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Anyone know why Fallout 4 won’t launch when I have the Deck docked?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

homeless snail posted:

Honestly it kinda sucks anyway, not sure why anyone wants to clutter up their steam library with a bunch of roms

My library is already cluttered with too many humble bundle games. A dozen console-specific collections isn't going to make it any worse.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Eeyo posted:

Yesssss

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

homeless snail posted:

I want to have the games I have immediate intent of playing in there. So Twilight Princess, Skies of Arcadia and DOA5 are in my library.

Nukelear v.2
Jun 25, 2004
My optional title text

Eeyo posted:

A work of art

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

:awesome:

Time for an av update. How many gang tags can I stack, I wonder?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Eeyo posted:

Perfect! Want.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Eeyo posted:

Big Need for me!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Big Deck is good, Big Deck forever.

I tried Metal Gear Ac!d on this thing and I find it very funny that I'm so impressed with a handheld game looking this good, when this is a 17 year old game. What the hell were they on in the psp days to make this stuff look so good.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Eeyo posted:

That's the stuff, Mods?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

sigher posted:

That's the stuff, Mods?

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/bigdeckgang.gif

I've uploaded it to the server for use. To use that link: add it in img tags in the avatar purchase Title Text box (under whatever text and other gangtags you want in that space) and it will be there.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Eeyo posted:

I very much want this. Please?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Eeyo posted:

:five:

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Tried touch controls too. Anything else I click on works fine, the rom manager does nothing.

Okay this is a crazy question but who knows. Have you only been clicking on it with single clicks? You gotta double tap the trigger to double click it.

Also I can’t believe people were saying their decks are quiet. Mine sounds like it literally runs on steam.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It depends what I'm playing. If it's indies like Into the Breach or Nuclear Throne (both of which I've picked up again since getting it) then yeah it's whisper quiet. On the other hand if I start emulating stuff on Valve-approved program Yuzu then it starts pumping out that good vent smell fast and loud

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What’s the state of the art in not having to re-enter my password (whatever) and Steam Guard code (grrr) on my desktop every time I use my Deck? I tried using an account switcher (steam-acolyte on Linux) but I think it’s invalidating the token on the server side, so the saved one is useless.

The Deck never has to log back in, so it’s doing something with a longer-lived token I guess. If I figure out how to run the Steam Deck UI on my desktop, will it help? I’m close to removing Steam Guard because I don’t use the marketplace anyway, but I probably shouldn’t.

They don’t even have an Apple Watch app, which would help.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

What’s the state of the art in not having to re-enter my password (whatever) and Steam Guard code (grrr) on my desktop every time I use my Deck? I tried using an account switcher (steam-acolyte on Linux) but I think it’s invalidating the token on the server side, so the saved one is useless.

The Deck never has to log back in, so it’s doing something with a longer-lived token I guess. If I figure out how to run the Steam Deck UI on my desktop, will it help? I’m close to removing Steam Guard because I don’t use the marketplace anyway, but I probably shouldn’t.

They don’t even have an Apple Watch app, which would help.

Are you running a game on your deck / pc at the same time? I never have to re enter my stuff unless I’m doing something like that

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MarcusSA posted:

Are you running a game on your deck / pc at the same time? I never have to re enter my stuff unless I’m doing something like that

Yeah, sometimes my kid leaves a game at the menu or I forget that I did have FFXIV idling. I shouldn’t be punished for this!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, sometimes my kid leaves a game at the menu or I forget that I did have FFXIV idling. I shouldn’t be punished for this!

Just put your deck into offline mode or turn off the wifi on the deck.

I’d just turn the wifi off personally :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MarcusSA posted:

Just put your deck into offline mode or turn off the wifi on the deck.

I’d just turn the wifi off personally :shrug:

The Deck gets all these little game updates that I assume are shader cache changes, so I’ve been staying online for those. Probably I don’t need to.

Of course, if I have the presence of mind to turn off wifi before playing a game, I could just walk into the office and shut down the game on the desktop…

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Momomo posted:

Big Deck is good, Big Deck forever.

I tried Metal Gear Ac!d on this thing and I find it very funny that I'm so impressed with a handheld game looking this good, when this is a 17 year old game. What the hell were they on in the psp days to make this stuff look so good.

I'm suuuuper excited about trying Ac!d on the deck. I bought it when it came out, but it just didn't click at all. Cut to a decade and a bit later and I am straight up horny for card games, so I'm heaps curious to see what it's like trying it again now I know what's going on.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 are fun as hell. Some people don’t like them but those people are wrong.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I think when they game out it was the first time I'd ever seen that kind of game, and it simply didn't make sense to me. Barely played more than ten minutes. Still bought the sequel because I was and still am a Metal Gear sap, but didn't scratch the surface.

Since then I've gotten into Slay the Spire, Monster Train, &c., &c., and I feel like I'm in a much better position to understand what's going on. At least in terms of play. Hooray for being slightly more game literate!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They have a real cool look to them too. They need to be rereleased.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Finally, a powerful gang tag you can smell.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 are fun as hell. Some people don’t like them but those people are wrong.

brb gonna throw these on the deck now :cheers:

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Nukelear v.2 posted:

A work of art

Should also be your custom boot animation.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Welp, I’m going in. Just placed an order for the 64GB model.

Just going to order a Micro SD card ahead of its arrival and bang that in there. Adding an SSD doesn’t look too taxing either but that’s an element of luxury that I think can wait.

I’m very excited. The store page is currently saying 2-4 weeks which is going to be an agonising wait. No idea how you folks who waited months coped.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Nintendo 49ers posted:

No idea how you folks who waited months coped.

I forgot I did it a few times.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's a Steam thing so I'm guessing the people who waited months spent the time buying more games to not play.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

So here's a fun thing I'm not sure is intentional or not. My husband and I both have our own Steam accounts, but we enable family sharing so we can play each other's games. My Deck will only allow me to play his games if my PC is on with Steam running though. I don't have to be on the same network as my PC (everything worked fine when I was at work) but it does have to be running.

Is there a way to enable Family Sharing on my Deck directly? I figure if I go to desktop mode and have him log in, then enable it there that might work? Or is there something obvious I'm missing?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soysaucebeast posted:

So here's a fun thing I'm not sure is intentional or not. My husband and I both have our own Steam accounts, but we enable family sharing so we can play each other's games. My Deck will only allow me to play his games if my PC is on with Steam running though. I don't have to be on the same network as my PC (everything worked fine when I was at work) but it does have to be running.

Is there a way to enable Family Sharing on my Deck directly? I figure if I go to desktop mode and have him log in, then enable it there that might work? Or is there something obvious I'm missing?

If there’s not a way I’m sure they’d appreciate letting them know about that. They’ve been really good about tweaking things like this for edge cases they haven’t thought about.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that sounds like its just wanting to steamplay stream from your pc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Soysaucebeast posted:

Yeah it's the same way you do it on desktop steam, you need to log into that account on the Deck, go to the family sharing menu and check "allow family sharing on this device" or whatever, and then log back into your account. It's per device and it sounds like it wants to do in home streaming from the desktop where the sharing is enabled.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Eeyo posted:

Yo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

homeless snail posted:

You’re not supposed to. I only use it for like five games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/mplblm/status/1578875902637006849

:pusheen: