Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
well it loving kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Glad I let the update open my ~250 unopened loot boxes. Opening those sucked.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Kwolok posted:

I somehow got damage mitigated as Sombra. Health packs maybe?

Sombra’s teleport is a cleanse and you’re invincible during it. You can use it to shed a tracer bomb or dodge D.Va ult, or something simpler like Ashe fire damage. So maybe that’s it? Otherwise it’s counting canceling a damaging ability with a hack.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

poe meater posted:

Is it just me or are footsteps really loud? It's getting me overly paranoid.

Overwatch always had a system, where enemy characters that are dangerous to your character have their footstep sound amplified so you can hear them sneaking up on you easier.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jack Trades posted:

It's only for her. Zen's boost is +20%.

I'm assuming they can stack, though?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's harder to be a bitch in this game when everyone can see everyone else's stats

I also think getting rid of the medals was a great idea. It was only used as a source of complaining and dick waving anyways, good riddance.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 8, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm assuming they can stack, though?

Pretty sure everything stacks.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Boy it sure does suck to play in Open Queue and either being doing badly or do so well as a team that the entire enemy team quits and the game kicks you because there aren’t enough players.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Down to give it another shot, always down for playing an old favourite.

Any discord servers?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

teagone posted:

Mobility and her nade are big value. Charged railgun popoffs if you can aim.

I think this is the problem

I can't aim well enough to make the railgun particularly useful. I rarely get kills with it

The ultimate is fun though

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Railgun has hitboxes big enough to rival Hanzo's lumber, you barely need to aim.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I can't aim well with Hanzo either

For some reason I do well with the robot lady though. I just fart out plasma grenades everywhere and it seems to work

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Playing Support is loving miserable in OW2.
I miss the time when Tanks existed.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im enjoying playing support more in OW2

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Orissa is so goddamn good wow i love her too

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Support is fun imo but with the caveat that you need to constantly have a plan to deal with the inevitable backline reaper

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

verbal enema posted:

im enjoying playing support more in OW2

Yes it feels like it's both more dangerous and makes support balance damage and heals more evenly. also tanks are rather scary now!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Support is fun imo but with the caveat that you need to constantly have a plan to deal with the inevitable backline reaper

this is why i try to only moira as support

also wow rein feels so amazing right now too like you actually get to be the massive NO his character model represents

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

beer gas canister posted:

Yes it feels like it's both more dangerous and makes support balance damage and heals more evenly. also tanks are rather scary now!

If you mean that Supports lost all of their protection in return for nothing, unlike the other two roles, then yes, I agree.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

your protection as support is to nail reaper twice in the noggin with a kunai and then punch him

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think its fun to have a constant recurring game of hide and seek with enemy dps like one of those asymmetrical horror games but it feels a lot more stressful than ow1 so i understand the complaint

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Less protection just means fatter Ana 'nades.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

adhuin posted:

Less protection just means fatter Ana 'nades.

Less protection also means the opponents team has zero reason to stack together which means the opposite of fatter nades.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Just a few days of having absolutely no serious peel in most of my games is doing wonders for my sleep dart aim which is nice

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Jack Trades posted:

Less protection also means the opponents team has zero reason to stack together which means the opposite of fatter nades.

Also the existence of Kiriko is a significant counter to Ana

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Support is much more powerful across the board in OW2.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Im thankful qp kirikos seem to use their clense quite liberally since it has a very obvious sound cue and a cooldown about as long as the nade duration but i imagine ana is going to be a lot less satisfying once kiriko winds up in comp

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

So what are your go to heroes in OW2?

Mine are Zarya as a tank. Double bubble just feels so good and I can keep Genjis alive. High energy beaming is always blast.
Ana as healer. She can take such safe angles and grenades are working way better as pick enabler.
Sojourn as DPS. Her rail gun is just so much fun and she has great mobility. She is Widowmaker, except fun to play.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I have also been having a great time with brig but i still havent unlearned the muscle memory to immediately shield bash ulting reapers and its hosed me over too many times already

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

adhuin posted:

Mine are Zarya as a tank. Double bubble just feels so good and I can keep Genjis alive. High energy beaming is always blast.
Ana as healer. She can take such safe angles and grenades are working way better as pick enabler.
Sojourn as DPS. Her rail gun is just so much fun and she has great mobility. She is Widowmaker, except fun to play.

i just play support and go moira (if i can't aim worth a goddamn for whatever reason and still need to contribute), ana (if i'm feeling okay about my play and want something solid), or kiriko (if i want to make ego headshot plays)

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

The only thing that gets my blood boiling as support these days is Winston, who is genuinely from another game than the design allows right now

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Alright, haven't played OW in more than a year. I guess there's no seperate thread for competitive OW2 like there was for OW1?

Also, is overchill the go to discord server for OW2 goons or are there others?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Also the existence of Kiriko is a significant counter to Ana

She is no trouble... for next 9 days.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

adhuin posted:

rein or orissa sometime roadhog for tank bastion for dps i love his new form and ult moira lucio for sup

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Pissqueen Moira is still good, so I just play her.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
if you aren't playing support by hugging your tank's b-hole, then you're doing it wrong. also ping the poo poo out of that dickhead that's shooting your b-hole.

Zedd posted:

Pissqueen Moira is still good, so I just play her.

also this

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jack Trades posted:

Playing Support is loving miserable in OW2.
I miss the time when Tanks existed.

I think playing support is the only thing that isn't miserable, tbh.

Tank queue is too long
DPSes can't punish tanks like they used to, and if the other DPS in your game doesn't know this, there's a chance your game is lost before it starts. Until everyone learns what DPS chars can and can't do, the chances of any random game being miserable is higher than normal.
Just pick support and play well while it all clears up. Fast queues, potentially the most room for carrying a game if you can play safe while doing the little bit of DPS you need to do to kill targets, and keeping tank alive.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
reinhardt for life holy he owns

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

BabyRyoga posted:

DPSes can't punish tanks like they used to, and if the other DPS in your game doesn't know this, there's a chance your game is lost before it starts.

This is exactly backwards. There are way less shields and only 1 tank to contend with. Knowing how and when to push them vs when to go for picks and angles is the entire DPS game.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

This is exactly backwards. There are way less shields and only 1 tank to contend with. Knowing how and when to push them vs when to go for picks and angles is the entire DPS game.

It sounds like you're talking about the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bottom Liner posted:

No, it's accurate. If you play DPS with the OW1 mentality, you are probably trying to punish tanks in situations where you have no chance of killing them, and taking duels you will lose.

Not sure how many times it has to be said, but, yes there are fewer shields, but that doesn't mean that stuff dies more often. It just means you hit stuff more often. Most tanks can literally survive (read: basically take no damage from) tires, pulse bombs, dragons, etc just by popping their own CD. That doesn't mean if a tank grossly overcommits, you can't collapse on them with the entire team and nuke them, but that's a pretty big coordinated play by the standards of most OW pubs. The better play is almost always to focus on the non-tank targets first.

Until people learn this, games have a high potential to be miserable. The best way to combat this is to play support where you can direct the amount of impact you have on keeping the right targets alive and adding a bit of burst to the right targets at the right time.