Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

dsriggs posted:

That HAS to be a racist white dude LARP account, because if it's not... :psyduck:

Seems like a real deal (hour long podcast).
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1eaJbrEEpOqJX
I didn't listen more that a few bits but seemed to be amusingly wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MJeff posted:

The day AEW gets that extension is going to explode a lot of people's brains.

you say that like reality has any hold here

they said and continue to say the exact same stuff regardless of the original deal extension pre-pandemic, the positive responses from Warner, etc

nothing matters besides petty tribalism

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MJeff posted:

"I expected them to get a lot more." - thousand of people on twitter who would have absolutely no loving clue

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Impact has been around for like 20 loving years, insane that people think AEW would be even close to ever being shut down

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Impact has been around for like 20 loving years, insane that people think AEW would be even close to ever being shut down

But you see they don't like it so it must be seconds away from ending. Because God knows nothing stays on TV unless everyone loves it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DLC Inc posted:

People think that if it's unsuccessful for long enough (because, you know, it's very very unsuccessful right now), that Shaid Khan will stop letting his son play with his toys and shut it down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

People think that if it's unsuccessful for long enough (because, you know, it's very very unsuccessful right now), that Shaid Khan will stop letting his son play with his toys and shut it down.
I can see why they think this given he's shut down both Fulham and the Jags already, so AEW is definitely next.

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

MJeff posted:

They will simply claim Daddy Khan secretly bankrolled it somehow

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I know finding bad takes from Reddit is kinda cheating, but today I've learned TK spent between 20 and 80(!) million on Fight Forever, and that AEW is assuredly burning cash to create tax losses for some reason?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/xyvox3/meltzer_if_aew_is_profitable_there_would_be_signs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, people just make up how much money Khan spends on stuff. People just assumed RoH cost him 40 million forever and then Sinclair reports came out and it looks like it was closer to like, 5.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

beepo posted:

I know finding bad takes from Reddit is kinda cheating, but today I've learned TK spent between 20 and 80(!) million on Fight Forever, and that AEW is assuredly burning cash to create tax losses for some reason?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/xyvox3/meltzer_if_aew_is_profitable_there_would_be_signs

That thread is an amazing collection of "I'm not an accountant or in entertainment or have ever run a business, buuuuut I'm certain AEW is in the hole and TK is definitely using his own money to keep it afloat - based on my experience and instinct."

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"YEAH BUT IS AEW PROFITABLE!?!?" has become on of the new go-to memes for people who desperately scream at Dave Meltzer on twitter all day because they've convinced themselves there's some grand conspiracy theory that AEW is secretly failing but the entire wrestling media, Warner Bros, etc are all colluding to hide it from everyone because....????

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

luchadornado posted:

That thread is an amazing collection of "I'm not an accountant or in entertainment or have ever run a business, buuuuut I'm certain AEW is in the hole and TK is definitely using his own money to keep it afloat - based on my experience and instinct."

The best is people that refer to "math" that they've done to determine how AEW must be losing money hand over fist. I'd ask them share their calculations, but I mean c'mon we know what's up.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

beepo posted:

The best is people that refer to "math" that they've done to determine how AEW must be losing money hand over fist. I'd ask them share their calculations, but I mean c'mon we know what's up.

Their math is probably that meme "AEW Payroll" that got floated around that included them paying Dusty Rhodes' corpse millions of dollars for some reason

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

beepo posted:

making video games can be very expensive, but given that the N64 and on games were huge for getting young people into wrestling this is a pretty understandable gamble to make.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i posted in the wrong thread, sorry

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

khan clarified later that his 10+ million investment in video games was in Epic, not the aew game, and already paid off i'm pretty sure

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

"YEAH BUT IS AEW PROFITABLE!?!?" has become on of the new go-to memes for people who desperately scream at Dave Meltzer on twitter all day because they've convinced themselves there's some grand conspiracy theory that AEW is secretly failing but the entire wrestling media, Warner Bros, etc are all colluding to hide it from everyone because....????

All those paid-for TV slots add up :(

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Super No Vacancy posted:

khan clarified later that his 10+ million investment in video games was in Epic, not the aew game

Didn't know Tony was such a Faith No More guy.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

FullMetalJackoff posted:

He cares a lot

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
A real Crack Hitler, according to the anti-aew crowd

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Their math is probably that meme "AEW Payroll" that got floated around that included them paying Dusty Rhodes' corpse millions of dollars for some reason

AEW going bankrupt from paying SomethingAwful LLC and Dave Meltzer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Well he spent his youth Naked In Front Of The Computer, posting on forums

"I Started A Joke with the sleaze thread on DVDVR" he says, grinning.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Serperoth posted:

AEW going bankrupt from paying SomethingAwful LLC and Dave Meltzer

King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
AEW may have come From Out of Nowhere, but now it's just Falling to Pieces. Now that Everything's Ruined, AEW is just going to keep getting Smaller and Smaller as BBT goes through his Midlife Crisis. He'll be drinking from his Last Cup of Sorrow soon enough. Woodpeckers From Mars.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I just don't have the spirit to watch WWE, Raw and Smackdown are both like a death march. Maybe if there was more blood, but its not how I want to spend my r & r.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 9, 2022

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1578950501626179584?t=CIIx0-IWzvBBDlgHvCR9Yg&s=19

Wrestle Cringe is the idiot.

Guy just can't stand people enjoying things he hates.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1578950501626179584?t=CIIx0-IWzvBBDlgHvCR9Yg&s=19

Wrestle Cringe is the idiot.

Guy just can't stand people enjoying things he hates.

Calling HHH "Papa" is weird.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Wrestle Cringe is still a joyless turd though.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Wrestle Cringe is still a joyless turd though.

They're usually pretty on the money.

For example this is very funny https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1579097884519079936?s=20&t=9vc4bR178nppXJGo-q35uA

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
E: realized I was starting poo poo unnecessarily

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 9, 2022

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's probably what he was talking about for sure

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

yea ok posted:

that's probably what he was talking about for sure

You know what, you're right, I apologize for flying off the handle a bit there

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

peace and love

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MassRafTer posted:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

What's weirder, being an HHH simp or being a Tom Leykis caller

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

What's weirder, being an HHH simp or being a Tom Leykis caller

HHH was a big Opie and Anthony guy hopefully he's a Leykis guy too.

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1578908866666180608

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Murder Bryan's been mentioning Leykis on Twitter recently and I can't be more excited. Shocktober is the best time of the year.