Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They’re just putting ‘dark and edgy’ in the description huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I enjoy Lore's dumbass evil grin

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Kinda weird they’re doing a similar thing with that Sisko comic. Just taking characters from different eras and slapping them on a team together.

Like any gacha, gotta reset and reroll until you get decent starters

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
the thing that always puts me off trying post tv show comics is they tend to just fly absolutely wild with concepts and characters because they have no budget to consider, even though it's completely out of wack with the scale and tone of the show it's supposed to be continuing

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress would Spock hang out with Worf

Goddamn I really can't tolerate fanboy poo poo anymore

I should give up and start watching Matlock

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Tighclops posted:

Goddamn I really can't tolerate fanboy poo poo anymore

I should give up and start watching Matlock

Just ignore it like I do. Discovery? Picard? Not real because I refuse to watch them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://twitter.com/thetrekcentral/status/1578764781552807937?s=46&t=ENCTvIvNSrcbHeGv4beWeg

Kinda weird they’re doing a similar thing with that Sisko comic. Just taking characters from different eras and slapping them on a team together.

Sisko said Worf would and should never get a command, and he was right

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

It's a comic book, they're supposed to be stupid

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Lore is a top tier crewmember tho

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Imagine being married to the most damaged man in Starfleet. Keiko is a saint.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tighclops posted:

He's on the rebound ever since his boyfriend died

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
just watched the new picard trailer and that comic sounds more reasonable now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

roomtone posted:

just watched the new picard trailer and that comic sounds more reasonable now
The last 30 seconds or so, woof

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

FlamingLiberal posted:

I almost agree, but it was so stupid that it might have looped back around to genuine excitement?

We can only hope Matalas just embraces the dumb.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They finally showed the new villain they keep talking about and I have no idea who that actress is.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I think that was Amanda Plummer, Christopher Plummer’s daughter

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Huh, they canonised the Odyssey Class Enterprise-F from STO it seems, wasn't expecting that.

Like, they used some STO ships to fill out the fleet in S2, but I'm surprised they're just using the F from STO. It's a fan design too, which I guess is cool for the guy who designed it, with it now being canon.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 8, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

Imagine being married to the most damaged man in Starfleet. Keiko knew that with enough effort, she could set a new record.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

HD DAD posted:

I think that was Amanda Plummer, Christopher Plummer’s daughter
Thanks, that seems to be who it was. I remember her from Pulp Fiction as one of the people robbing the diner.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://twitter.com/thetrekcentral/status/1578764781552807937?s=46&t=ENCTvIvNSrcbHeGv4beWeg

I assume this a novelization of one of those gacha games that also seems to always have Worf in the advertising.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Voyager Season 5 is... pretty good? It's hardly must-see viewing but there's been a whole lot of episodes that are just good Star Trek this series. In The Flesh was a terrible exit for Species 8472 though, way to turn your only real horror species into a group more reasonable and affable than most of the alpha quadrant regulars

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ugh, of course nerd bro favorites like moriarty are getting the centerstage while actually good new characters like raffi barely get a mention in the trailer

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Please, Madam, it's Worf.

Side note: VOY "Vis à Vis" was a decent ep, although I felt the characters should have smacked Paris around a bit.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

roomtone posted:

the thing that always puts me off trying post tv show comics is they tend to just fly absolutely wild with concepts and characters because they have no budget to consider, even though it's completely out of wack with the scale and tone of the show it's supposed to be continuing

I'm gonna try out the new Lower Decks comic because it's by Ryan North and he's a great writer though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Moriarty? LORE? oh for gently caress's sake

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You love to see Brian Thompson in alien makeup

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Veotax posted:

It's a fan design too, which I guess is cool for the guy who designed it, with it now being canon.

That dude has gotta be losing his mind right now.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

If there's one thing every Star Trek needs, it's :spock: :haw:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

From a few pages back, but didn't Kunta Kinte jump over a broom at his wedding in Roots?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

That Picard s3 trailer was just an absolute nightmare. I can't say I ever expected it to be good but I didn't think worse than s2 was in the cards but here we are. The only good thing is a live action Odyssey and I'm sure their designers are going to gently caress up the interior of that if we even see it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At least it seems to be in space

Picard's greatest villains teaming up for revenge:
Moriarty!!!!
Lore!!!!!
Some lady!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its bold trailer design to end the video with two unrelated villain reveal stingers

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

also the clock ticking at the beginning. they don't have clocks dumbasses!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

did this fella just cock an old timey pistol?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That DICK! posted:

Looks like it

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

"Remember thing?!" is a tactic that only works when you haven't showed us two seasons' worth of things we loved and then killed most of them before making them interesting again.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
just got to the voyager episode that opens on a closeup of Neelix's feet

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I gotta say the transition from Dax the wise old soul symbiont to Dax the messy bitch symbiont was inspired.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

That DICK! posted:

The original literary character Moriarty lived into the 1890s, by which time revolvers had been common for decades, so I don't know why they have him pointing that flintlock-looking thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The nebula thing looks like the briar patch from Insurrection and the evil ship the evil lady is on is kind of giving me Sona vibes (just flying into its points instead of away from them) and if you’re bringing back Moriarty for some reason why not bring back those face stretching idiots.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 9, 2022