Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Digital Foundry released their review of the Mario movie trailer.
https://youtu.be/EXeAHDwe3nw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Please do not link to bad you tubers (all of them) or I'll be forced to cleave your head from its spine in real life this is an acitonable threat.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

got and started nier automata

I don't know what I was expecting, but this story is wild and I'm only like two hours in. I just fought the giant robot corpse harlequin in the area with haunting choral circus music and the game didn't even bother to rest on that because it had a new story direction to go immediately afterwards. Are all Nier games like this?

How does it hold up? Nice frame rate, look good? Always wanted to play it!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Iunno how it compares to the original, but it looks and runs fine in my book. I am enjoying it!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Torn about buy Dorfromantik at the moment.

I'm enjoying regular Splatoon 3 matches and my wife's obsession with Stardew Valley got me playing that again.

Plus I abandoned my final Hard Mode attempt at Triangle Strategy after losing (once...) to the first mission which is hard is all get out.

I should get back to it, so I don't want to justify a new purchase like that out of nowhere. And No Man's Sky just came out and Nier which is considered an amazing game.

I have loads of time generally, but man there is a lot of good things on Switch.

Plus there's a voucher burning in my pocket for either Dread or I guess Zelda now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

Please do not link to bad you tubers (all of them) or I'll be forced to cleave your head from its spine in real life this is an acitonable threat.

Whatever happened to that guy who would just drop walls of YouTube videos about why a game was bad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Len posted:

Whatever happened to that guy who would just drop walls of YouTube videos about why a game was bad

he was killed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

I cleaved his head from its spine in real life.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

American McGay posted:

I cleaved his head from its spine in real life.

Thank you for your service.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Len posted:

:patriot:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Len posted:

Dpulex has been seen posting here recently

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Thank you for your service.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/martinlindell/status/1578789546585726978?t=4TP2fuGQnN6mtv5RHa0tvg&s=19

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
zelda is a sports game

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
We were robbed as a society for not having Glass Joe on the cover.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Punch Out featuring Mr. Glass

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
increasingly advanced interactive video technology

treble
Feb 14, 2001
So remember, all the best great hits come from Nintendo. Keep your eyes on Nintendo. Because the best is yet to come.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Enhance:

I lol'd at the smile, but I realized that the sprite doesn't even have pointed ears, I don't think I've ever seen any different sprites for Link from original game.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/1578610589500592128?s=46&t=DNXP3AX7g_srs0P07tlIgw

Cool ghost hand

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wish I had a cool ghost hand

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty posted:

Wish I had a cool ghost hand

Just put your hand under your butt for 30min.

Ghost Wristy

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The arm pattern kind of looks like the Twilight mirror thing. :thunk:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wizorb, which is fantastic, is on the eshop now. Great game. Probably the best breakout-type game I've played.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

sigher posted:

Enhance:

I lol'd at the smile, but I realized that the sprite doesn't even have pointed ears, I don't think I've ever seen any different sprites for Link from original game.

Pit has that same goofy smile on the Kid Icarus box

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cool ghost hand Link

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wizorb, which is fantastic, is on the eshop now. Great game. Probably the best breakout-type game I've played.

Oh hell yeah. Wizorb is hella good.

I'm playing the Harvestella demo and I wish it wasn't so dang fuzzy. Looks like the camera was smeared with Vaseline. Also the days are too dang short.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cool ghost hand Link

pausing mid-battle to woof down 50 hard boiled eggs to get health back

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kevyn posted:

Pit has that same goofy smile on the Kid Icarus box

Kid Icarus is dead Link confirmed?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Plus I abandoned my final Hard Mode attempt at Triangle Strategy after losing (once...) to the first mission which is hard is all get out.

That's arguably by far the hardest mission in the game on Hard Mode. I just barely scraped by using like almost every healing consumable from the last playthrough. Honestly there's probably no shame in playing that one on Normal and then bumping up to Hard afterwards.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I didn't care for Wizorb much. I know it is a retro calback, but I expected more from a Breakout game released after 2010.

I may have been spoiled by Shatter. Which just so happens to get a remastered version next month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIiNPVobc2c

The paddle in Shatter sucks and it blows, and that's precisely which makes it a good modern take on Breakout :v:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 9, 2022

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Item Getter posted:

That's arguably by far the hardest mission in the game on Hard Mode. I just barely scraped by using like almost every healing consumable from the last playthrough. Honestly there's probably no shame in playing that one on Normal and then bumping up to Hard afterwards.

I know it’s dumb but don’t you get a little crown for doing everything on hard mode?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Live a Live’s Near Future chapter is its first dud. great intro, but it’s too combat heavy, the VA is bad and the plot is so meandering and overlong

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

sigher posted:

Enhance:

Sega does what Nintendon’t.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Live a Live’s Near Future chapter is its first dud. great intro, but it’s too combat heavy, the VA is bad and the plot is so meandering and overlong

nah

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
What, Akira’s voice actor is great and the combat dynamic of mowing down a path to the mob leader is neat. It’s probably the shortest “full” scenario too so you won’t have too much to deal with.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Akira’s acting is decent (if still one of the weaker ones for the protags), the real clunker is Lawless. that nasally lisp doesn’t fit the character at all

I just finished it and there wasn’t really a throughline like the other chapters, you’re just running back and forth on vaguely related errands until it’s giant robot time

and I don’t know what you mean by “full” scenario but this one felt the longest even if you don’t grind. definitely more so than the Western or Present Day chapters

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 9, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I basically mean the ones that are full on JRPGs in different flavors (or adventure games in Cube’s case) so yeah, shorter than Prehistory/Edo Japan/Imperial China/Far Future.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Last Celebration posted:

What, Akira’s voice actor is great and the combat dynamic of mowing down a path to the mob leader is neat. It’s probably the shortest “full” scenario too so you won’t have too much to deal with.

Incorrect on shortness, for I am compelled to attack every enemy I see every time I go outside. And that's not my fault, the game made me do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
near future is the best chapter but they're all incredible except for present day