Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GCW Fight Club 10/8

HM: Nick Wayne vs. Shun Skywalker
MOTYC: Rina Yamashita & Drew Parker vs. Alex Colon & Matt Tremont
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Nick Gage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pylons posted:

GCW Fight Club 10/8

HM: Nick Wayne vs. Shun Skywalker
MOTYC: Rina Yamashita & Drew Parker vs. Alex Colon & Matt Tremont
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Nick Gage

Nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 October 9th
MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume
- Aniki is such a great hoss, you could really feel Suzume having to work for every single piece of offence she got

Mizuki vs Hyper Misao
- Sometimes I think Misao might have hit her creative limit, then she swiftly disabuses me of this notion. I laughed real hard during this, both ladies were on their bullshit big time

Raku Appreciation Society (Raku, Pom Harajuku and Aja Kong) vs Yuki Aino, Rika Tatsumi and Max the Impaler
- The Pom Harajuku show featuring two monsters and a bunch of unhelpful bystanders

Shoko Nakajima (c) vs Yuka Sakazaki - Princess of Princess Championship
- Former MiraClians go to war, Yuka hit an Avalance Merry-Go-Round and it was loving insane and Shoko kept on fighting

HM
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) vs Riho and Hikari Noa
Alex Windsor (c) vs Miu Watanabe - International Princess Championship
Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Yuki Arai and Saki Akai) (c) vs The Uprising (Nightshade and Rhia O'Reilly) - Princess Tag Championships

To the surprise of nobody the big Teej show was a ton of fun

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll throw in some more HMs once I've had a chance but for now I have GOT to make this nomination:

MOTYC: Shoko Nakajima (C) vs. Yuka Sakazaki for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW Wrestle Princess III 10/9

About 5 minutes into this incredible match they gave the 20 minute call. Astounding stuff.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume
- Aniki is such a great hoss, you could really feel Suzume having to work for every single piece of offence she got

Mizuki vs Hyper Misao
- Sometimes I think Misao might have hit her creative limit, then she swiftly disabuses me of this notion. I laughed real hard during this, both ladies were on their bullshit big time

Raku Appreciation Society (Raku, Pom Harajuku and Aja Kong) vs Yuki Aino, Rika Tatsumi and Max the Impaler
- The Pom Harajuku show featuring two monsters and a bunch of unhelpful bystanders

- Former MiraClians go to war, Yuka hit an Avalance Merry-Go-Round and it was loving insane and Shoko kept on fighting

HM
Reiwa Ban AA Cannon (Yuki Arai and Saki Akai) (c) vs The Uprising (Nightshade and Rhia O'Reilly) - Princess Tag Championships

+1 with hearty recommendations to the Aniki/Suzume match and Pom's Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume

Mizuki vs Hyper Misao

HM

Nth to all of these. Absolutely cracking show.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume

Mizuki vs Hyper Misao

HM

Nth but with the Eve guest matches removed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume

Mizuki vs Hyper Misao

HM

Nth all these. Very good show.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume

Raku, Pom Harajuku and Aja Kong) vs Yuki Aino, Rika Tatsumi and Max the Impaler

Where I stand on the show. The only good Pom is a completely terrified Pom.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
MOTYC

HM
Raku, Pom Harajuku, and Aja Kong vs Yuki Aino, Rika Tatsumi and Max the Impaler

this is where I stood, but i thought it was a fantastic event all around

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MOTYC
Raku, Pom Harajuku, and Aja Kong vs Yuki Aino, Rika Tatsumi and Max the Impaler
Mizuki vs Hyper Misao

HM
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom's 5* GP finals 10/1/2022

HM:
Mina Shirakawa vs Natsupoi
Hazuki vs Momo Watanabe
Giulia vs Tam Nakano

MOTYC:
Mayu Iwatani vs Starlight Kid
Maika vs Himeka
Suzu Suzuki vs Giulia

Great show. I think I liked it more than Forbidden Door. Although I was pretty pissed that Utami and AZM didn't get more to do. Utami vs Koguma was looking great but it was just too short.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Adding these, some now redundant, some unnecessary, but it was a good show and deserves all the praise it can get!

HM: Ryo Mizunami vs. Suzume - TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 10/9
HM: Mizuki vs. Hyper Misao - TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 10/9
HM: Raku, Pom Harajuku & Aja Kong vs. Yuki Aino, Rika Tatsunami & Max The Impaler - TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 10/9
HM: Alex Windsor (C) vs. Miu Watanabe for the International Princess Championship - TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 10/9
HM: Yuki Arai & Saki Akai (C) vs. The Uprising (Nightshade & Rhia O'Reilly) for the Princess Tag Titles - TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 10/9

That plus the incredible main event, fantastic show.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Extreme Rules stuff.

MOTYC - Brawling Brutes v. Imperium: This was a blast. Perfect opener. GUNTHER is obviously the star here, but this feud has totally reinvigorated Sheamus and it's awesome to see.

HM - Edge v. Finn Balor: This might be a stretch, but I'll throw it out there. The first half of this was plodding and pretty boring (like with most I Quit matches). But the back half of it was awesome, particularly from a storytelling perspective. The rare match that really benefitted from overbooking IMO. And Finn's stupid mask owned.

WMOTYC - Karrion Kross v. Drew McIntyre: Karrion Kross is really boring and this match was also really boring. How do you have a really boring strap match?

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 9, 2022

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Professor Funk posted:

Extreme Rules stuff.

MOTYC - Brawling Brutes v. Imperium: This was a blast. Perfect opener.

2nd. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more hype. Say what you will about the rest of the show besides the overrun, but the opener was great.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kvantum posted:

2nd. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more hype. Say what you will about the rest of the show besides the overrun, but the opener was great.

It was kind of a goofy gimmick, which maybe lowered expectations for it? I dunno. But everyone involved used the gimmick perfectly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Professor Funk posted:

Extreme Rules stuff.
WMOTYC - Karrion Kross v. Drew McIntyre: Karrion Kross is really boring and this match was also really boring. How do you have a really boring strap match?

What kind of strap match was it? Was it one of those awful have to touch all 4 corners uninterrupted?

I don't know why but for some reason matches billed as Dog Collar matches often end up being superior to Strap Matches when they are essentially the same thing. Like there was Vader vs Sting, Savio vs Austin, meanwhile AEW has already put on 2 great dog collar matches.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Being connected at the neck is just viscerally more intense and intimate, lending itself to blood feuds way more than a regular strap match.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 - 10/09
MOTYC: Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume
HM: Hyper Misao vs Mizuki
HM: Max The Impaler, Rika Tatsumi & Yuki Aino vs Pom Harajuku, Raku & Aja Kong
HM: 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh) vs Riho & Hikari Noa
MOTYC: Alex Windsor (c) vs Miu Watanabe - International Princess Championship
HM: AA Cannon (Saki Akai & Yuki Arai) (c) vs The Uprising (Nightshade & Rhia O'Reilly) - Princess Tag Team Championship
MOTYC: Shoko Nakajima (c) vs Yuka Sakazaki - Princess of Princess Championship

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I had to go to sleep, so I didn't get to see everything but of what I did see:

TJPW Wrestle Princess 3 - 10/09
HM: Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume
HM: Hyper Misao vs Mizuki
HM: Max The Impaler, Rika Tatsumi & Yuki Aino vs Pom Harajuku, Raku & Aja Kong

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

Extreme Rules stuff.

MOTYC - Brawling Brutes v. Imperium: This was a blast. Perfect opener. GUNTHER is obviously the star here, but this feud has totally reinvigorated Sheamus and it's awesome to see.

Nth these two.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GLEAT Ver.EX October 9th
MOTYC
Kaito Ishida vs Tetsuya Izuchi
- Holy poo poo, these guys beat the absolute gently caress out of each other, Izuchi is so good for being only 22

Bulk Orchestra (Hayato Tamura and Ryuichi Kawakami) vs Jun Kasai and Masashi Takeda
- The Bulk Orchestra guys were way more into this than I was expecting, a very gnarly no dq match that didn't stray into the gross deathmatches FREEDOMS sometimes do

HM
Minoru Tanaka vs Kotaro Nasu
Takanori Ito and Yu Iizuka vs Hideki Sekine and Hikaru Sato
Mika Iwata and Tomoka Inaba vs Maya Fukuda and Michiko Miyagi
Kaz Hayashi and Soma Watanabe vs Bandido and Komander

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: The Kingdom (c) vs. the Motor City Machine Guns for the Impact World Tag Team Championship
MOTYC: Jordynne Grace (c) vs. Masha Slamovich for the Impact Knockouts World Championship

All from Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory, 10/7

nthing these and

HM: "Speedball" Mike Bailey (c) vs. Frankie Kazarian for the Impact X Division Championship

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami vs Suzume

Mizuki vs Hyper Misao

HM

Nth.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
All HMs from October 7's Rampage/Battle of the Belts doubleheader.

Blackpool Combat Club vs. Private Party & Rush
Dark Order vs. Death Triangle
Trent Beretta vs. PAC
Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona vs. FTR

Trent/Pac was the highlight.

I've barely started day one of this year's BOLA, so:

HM: Aramis vs. Black Taurus

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

GLEAT Ver.EX October 9th
MOTYC
Kaito Ishida vs Tetsuya Izuchi
- Holy poo poo, these guys beat the absolute gently caress out of each other, Izuchi is so good for being only 22

HM
Minoru Tanaka vs Kotaro Nasu
Takanori Ito and Yu Iizuka vs Hideki Sekine and Hikaru Sato
Kaz Hayashi and Soma Watanabe vs Bandido and Komander

Still have the top 2 matches to watch but seconding all these. The UWF Rules matches are great, Komander & Bandido get Kaz & Hayashi basing for them so they can do all the cool poo poo, and Ishida & Izuchi is just loving brutal

GLEAT continues to rule

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Professor Funk posted:

this poo poo was loving terrible nth

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

HM: Rina Yamashita and Drew Parker vs Alex Colon and Matt Tremont
GCW Fight Club night 1, August 8

HM: Alec Price vs Jonathan Gresham
JCW vs the World, August 9

HM: Cole Radrick vs Joey Janela
HM: Drew Parker vs Miedo Extremo
HM: Rina Yamashita vs Cíclope
GCW Fight Club night 2, August 9

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

I've barely started day one of this year's BOLA, so:

HM: Aramis vs. Black Taurus

What's the date on this one?

Big Dave posted:

HM: Rina Yamashita vs Cíclope
GCW Fight Club night 2, August 9

Man, I bet she beat Dean Malenko's rear end.

Wait a minute.....

:aaa:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 10, 2022

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rampage 10/7
HM: Private Party and Rush vs BCC
MOTYC: Dark Order vs Death Triangle

BOTB 10/7
MOTYC: Trent vs Pac
HM: Willow vs Jade Cargill

Giving that MOTYC because of the interlocking story told in those 2 matches. PAC going the distance and wrestling for about an hour total, being tempted to cheat in the first match, and then willingly cheating in the second match. Really great character work, this is a guy who doesn't need to cheat but is willing to do so if he thinks it'll secure him the win.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th October
GLEAT Ver.Ex
KAZMA SAKAMOTO, Shigehiro Irie & Tomoaki Honma vs Stronghearts (El Lindaman, Issei Onitsuka & T-Hawk)

MOTYC
9th October
GLEAT Ver.Ex
No DQ
BULK Orchestra (Hayato Tamura & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs Jun Kasai & Masashi Takeda

You need to be watching GLEAT

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Shingo Takagi vs. El Phantasmo, NJPW Declaration of Power, 10/10

Shingo and ELP compete for the right to be daddy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. JONAH, NJPW Declaration of Power, 10/10

A slower pace than I'd normally care for but in the Okada vs Big Guy genre of matches this is as good as it gets

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. El Phantasmo, NJPW Declaration of Power, 10/10

Shingo and ELP compete for the right to be daddy

Rarity posted:

A slower pace than I'd normally care for but in the Okada vs Big Guy genre of matches this is as good as it gets

Yes and yes. Former was a lot of fun. Latter was just great. They've got something special in JONAH if they can keep him, and of course they have a God in Okada.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Absolutely

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Jay White vs. Tama Tonga, NJPW Declaration of War, 10/10

I've never rated Tama that much but this match definitely delivered that classic main event New Japan style, very fun

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

I've never rated Tama that much but this match definitely delivered that classic main event New Japan style, very fun

HM from me, but the ending was so good it almost pulled it over the line to MOTYC.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

2nd

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Njpw declaration of power 10/10

Hm: shingo v elp
Motyc : Jonah v okada
Motyc : Jay v tama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Burn Down Canberra posted: