Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

The other angle adds a bit of context as well. I think Deion was pissed about the hand to the chest.

https://twitter.com/hbcusports/status/1578881157286232067?s=46&t=ZVJ48rg_uXtH4FMfyGvHjw

Yeah you can't see it from the first angle but Deion went in for a hug and the other guy doesn't want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

gently caress ISU is in real danger of not making a bowl game for the first time in 5 years. They need 3 wins, and WVU is probably the only one they’ll be favored to win. If the offense can figure poo poo out, they’ll probably pull it off because the D has been stellar so far.

Just don’t see it happening though. I worry Campbell may decide to jump soon since things seem to be stalling.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I wasn't able to watch any games this weekend, but that Illinois game was some real sickos poo poo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Gameday going back to Knoxville

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

realtalk Alabama should be dropped to #5 or so

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i'd love to get a hug from Deion Sanders

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
We are real bad but could be real good if we had anything approaching an SEC QB.

Also my oldest son likes the gators because they are blue and orange. This is precisely the same reason I used to like watching them!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hed posted:

Also my oldest son likes the gators because they are blue and orange. This is precisely the same reason I used to like watching them!

he can be a Lady Vol fan too in this case :imunfunny:

downout
Jul 6, 2009

A reasonable take posted:

I’d love to see OU AD sue Lincoln Riley and crew on a breach of contract lawsuit – I think a non-frivolous suit could be put together – put them under oath – find out what really happened), and maybe claw back some money from the gently caress)

TAMU still has them beat based on what they'd reportedly like to do to their coach. Hate to see it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gameday going back to Knoxville

Hell yeah

Probably hard to quantify, but I imagine this season is doing wonders for swaying recruits

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Two gamedays in one season huh? drat

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

he can be a Lady Vol fan too in this case :imunfunny:

One decent season and y’all are already turned right back to 11 hahah

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/GeorgiaTechFB/status/1579133211032309761

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Georgia Tech immediately getting 1,000x better after firing the guy they hired to transition the team from Paul Johnson triple option to a more contemporary offense might be the funniest turn of events this year.

Even funnier than Scott Frost speedrunning his firing to get a bigger buyout

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we had a few decades of fun, but the dark ages are back at northwestern which is no longer able to field a competitive team in the big ten. The university is going to keep taking that money as long as they get it, but pretty soon they'll be DIII where they belong.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

downout posted:

TAMU still has them beat based on what they'd reportedly like to do to their coach. Hate to see it.

Last night’s close game should cool down the hotheads; things look to be heading in the right direction. The headline is that it came down to a last play, not the last play itself.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shoutout to the guy wearing a Trevor Siemian chicago bears jersey at the northwestern football game yesterday, to be fair there is a large chance it was someone actually related to trevor siemian.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_consecutive_games_scoring_in_NCAA_football

OU had the 9th-longest scoring streak until yesterday.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

LeeMajors posted:

One decent season and y’all are already turned right back to 11 hahah

We have to savor it while it’s here. Wandering the winless wilderness takes a toll

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Komet posted:

I wasn't able to watch any games this weekend, but that Illinois game was some real sickos poo poo

Iowa got the ball with 1:19 left down 3 at their own 16. They ran eight plays in the next 1:16 and ended up with a 4th and 27 at their own 20.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seeing Nebraska on that list reminded me of an OU game in the Callahan years where we were completely dominated on both sides of the ball. But fullback Steve Kriewald breaks a 45-yard run and we kick the FG to put points on the board lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

Seeing Nebraska on that list reminded me of an OU game in the Callahan years where we were completely dominated on both sides of the ball. But fullback Steve Kriewald breaks a 45-yard run and we kick the FG to put points on the board lol

I think UF had a game like that getting blasted by Bama or Mizzou or something maybe during Mac’s tenure where we kicked a FG at the end of the game to keep the streak going but lost like 45-3

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1578952029724020737

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
On 1 hand dropped 3 games we should not have and won't win the Sun Belt yet again

On the other beat Aggie

I am deeply conflicted by this season

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Iowa got the ball with 1:19 left down 3 at their own 16. They ran eight plays in the next 1:16 and ended up with a 4th and 27 at their own 20.

That game was worse than any other Iowa game this season because it didn’t even have the hilarity of two safeties or two defensive touchdowns, it was just one brutal drive after another

The worst part is the complete lack of hope that things will get better. Ferentz is unwilling to make a change at QB or at OC and there’s a better chance that I will poo poo a golden football than Kirk Ferentz himself losing his job, so it’s just gonna be another half season of getting trounced and having the worst offense in college football

the Big Ten West is so loving bad this year too, all it would take is a sub-mediocre QB and we’d probably have had a good shot at being in the championship game this year with as good as the rest of the team is.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Imagine my shock when it gets to Saturday morning and I look up the day’s schedule to see when Houston plays, and they played the night before, and I missed an insane comeback to win.

:smith:

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Chris Rodriguez had 6 rushing attempts in the second half. Maybe get your best player the ball more? Especially when you have a backup quarterback.

Just a frustrating loss all around.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Brian Ferentz is the human embodiment of so many things I hate about football

- Daddy's boy who's literally never had a job he had to earn on his own
- Lump-headed, retrograde playcalling
- Dipshit trick plays when he thinks he's clever than you
- Tosses his QB to the media and refuses to hold postgame pressers
- Zero accountability
- Reportedly a racist
- Stupid derpy chubby fratbro face

It's gonna be hilarious when Kirk somehow destroys his lifetime Iowa reputation because he wanted junior to do better than manage a Quizno's.

e: speaking of "should be fired,"

https://twitter.com/edfscfb/status/1578842647547895808?s=20&t=6GnagkMZSYOgIRudb5PUQQ

Harsin probably thought this was gonna be hot poo poo. Hurr durr UGA got caught napping a couple weeks back hurr durr I'm being aggressive and imposing my will hurr durr

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 9, 2022

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou has dropped 3 winnable games in a row. If Brady Cook is able to make incrementally small progress as the season goes on, I can squint and see Mizzou becoming bowl eligible. NMSU is a win, as is Vandy most likely. South Carolina should be a win if they can get out of their own way. Just gotta take one from Kentucky, Tennessee (lol), or Arkansas.

I would say the odds go up dramatically if Drinkwitz hired an OC, but that isn't going to happen

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Former President James Madison is ranked.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Totally thought yesterday would be a trap game for JMU. Next few games are huge, though— Southern, Marshall, ODU, Coastal all should be competitive, although I figure we will probably drop two of those.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
OU is bad, like maybe the worst team in the B12. Beating them is not much of an accomplishment. But we didn’t just beat them. We had the all-too-rare privilege of an opportunity to kick them while they’re down and boy did we seize that opportunity. We handed them a brutal, demoralizing, humiliating, program-defining kind of loss. The kind that causes the most committed recruits to waver and guaranteed starters to look toward the portal, the kind that has boosters doing buyout math before the final whistle has even blown.

Texas has been at many low points the last decade but through it all we always at least showed OU they could never look past us. Even at our lowest, we brought it and gave them a game in Dallas. Usually a furious fight to the very finish, and sometimes even a stolen win. This year we took an already reeling Sooner team and broke their will completely. We slapped every ounce of fight out of them until they could only go fetal and pray for it to be over. We were rewarding all kinds of third stringers and walk-ons for their thankless hard work by letting them go in and kick the corpse of the slain rival for a few snaps. And still they could do nothing to stop us, couldn’t find a way to save any face whatsoever in the most garbage of garbage time.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
AP rankings are out

https://twitter.com/cfbonfox/status/1579168110233341952?s=46&t=1gG_PsGNWRJkhXZGgqaBxA

Tennessee at #6 baybeeeee

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Can someone post me a few pictures of vintage Vols gear? I need it for a thing. 90s windbreaker and the whole 9 yards please and thank you.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I got you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
JMU at 25 wowee.

Egg bowl better be ridiculous

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Miss you every day Legion Field

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

No no, I mean the puffy sleeved windbreaker, hat, and horrible matching orange pants. That whole ensemble. The BigVolDaddy look.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
first michigan game of the season next weekend, but i feel like we should be just fine against PSU this year

and if not, well. better to give up hope now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Well at least we know this isn’t from a UF game.