Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

AI Somnium: Nirvana Initiative: I’m a few chapters into Mizkui’s story, on the part with the balloon hunt, speciation/general commentary for anyone who’s also played it since I wanna wait till I beat it to post/look in the actual thread:

huh, the fact that the first part of the game is told from the perspective of a mentally unwell man sure isn’t sending off red flags out the rear end or anything. I miss Ryuji as a protagonist more than I thought I would, his tendency to just get weird with it out of nowhere (I AM HERE! HALF MIGHT!) was endearing. Also Iris’s voice actor was really good at pretending to be Moma, one of the funnier parts of both games.

Localization seems a lil janky in parts sadly, but I’m guessing a lot of it was done in the pandemic and it doesn’t seem to have affected the dub at least so it could be worse.

My son and I quote Half Might at each other constantly, especially since he and his mom watch MHA together. Ryuki is the best. :D

Nirvana is good and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The Half Might thing is so good just because of Ryuji’s voice actor, which was kind of funny because I just came off of Live A Live where he voices a stoic terse ninja and then he just goes and does a bad (amazing) Australian accent out of loving nowhere

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I just did the shadowbringers 5.3 trial and there was like no joke 3 hours of cutscenes after

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I just did the shadowbringers 5.3 trial and there was like no joke 3 hours of cutscenes after

Welcome to FFXIV, it won't be the last cutscene of that length.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just started playing Grounded, and while I'm digging it the early game is a pain in the rear end

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

Welcome to FFXIV, it won't be the last cutscene of that length.

Are there points where you can log off and watch the rest later? :gonk:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Rarity posted:

There's several points where you go back to being in control and have to move to a different location. It's not actually a Hideo Kojima 3 straight hours uninterrupted

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you need to skip those cutscenes and log off, remember that you can always view prior cutscenes in your inn room

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Macaluso posted:

There's several points where you go back to being in control and have to move to a different location. It's not actually a Hideo Kojima 3 straight hours uninterrupted

pls dont associate games that have actual acting and performances in them with the text box and emote game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

For the record I love both the text and emote game and Kojimas movie games. Norman Reedus and my catgirl would be best friends

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rarity posted:

You get

Help Im Alive posted:

It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety

If you run into a cutscene that is longer than a couple of minutes. In the playerbase that's usually gets an OH poo poo response because some Fun Stuff usually drops in those cutscenes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CRJ had the song to start the summer, she is also the one who will end it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2uV8H6A2o

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

CRJ had the song to start the summer, she is also the one who will end it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2uV8H6A2o

This song is so loving good

CRJ is win

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 9, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've hit the point in Nuts and Bolts where I can't immediately solve everything with the pre-designed vehicles and I don't trust my imagination to come up with good solutions :negative:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Believe in ur self

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rarity posted:

I've hit the point in Nuts and Bolts where I can't immediately solve everything with the pre-designed vehicles and I don't trust my imagination to come up with good solutions :negative:

u can do it :kiddo:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Have you considered

S
T
I
L
T
S
?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rarity posted:

Yeah it's not like Spec Ops: The Line level or anything but the first Modern Warfare has a fair few moments which really express that war just fucks everyone up

If that message ever existed within the material in any way then close to 0% of players actually received it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

If that message ever existed within the material in any way then close to 0% of players actually received it.

Yeah

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the old cods were a lot less oorah before the us military became advisors

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was it MW2 or MW3 that had a mini gun turret section through a residential middle eastern street?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Looper posted:

klonoa is goated

crosspost

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
https://twitter.com/justinwhang/status/1579217532103245824?s=46&t=BlyxrfdQWvprhIgexwoRPg

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/adrianachechik/status/1579098947779407877

:eyepop:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*jasper voice* you better believe that’s a lawsuit

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

That's absolutely lawsuit worthy if they didn't sign any liability waivers, right? Or however law works.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1579223208691400704

sounds like they signed waivers but it should still be lawsuit worthy anyways

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1579223208691400704

sounds like they signed waivers but it should still be lawsuit worthy anyways

Waivers tend to be better for convincing people not to sue than actually protecting companies from Sueists.

Anyone play Weird West?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol how shallow is that pit? Those poor bastards

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

:eng101:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I also have to wonder about the fact that they let people keep doing it after whatever the first injury was. Lots of angles to show negligence.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah even if you cheaped out on the top layer of foam, there should still be crash mats or something soft underneath.

They land HARD

Congrats to all those brand new millionaires

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/lBJ9Dqb.mp4

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

As it turns out twitch is all your lower nervous system can do once you fall into the foam pit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Infinitum posted:

lol how shallow is that pit? Those poor bastards

https://twitter.com/Vahn16/status/1579232251891490816

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you break your back you're allowed an extra hour in the ball pit

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.