Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I didn’t watch the race, but it’s neat to see The Fix is still in. WDC**

Grimson posted:

never forget replay duck

Okay I’m disappointed I missed this. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Formula 1 is missing the passion of the Super GT fans with the giant flags and poles.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ArmZ posted:

I can only think of 2 substantial mistakes by leclerc

france spin
relying on the ferrari pitwall

He lost the podium at Imola as well

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Just finished watching the replay. Here's my expert summary and main takeaways

- o poo poo its the PM
- red flag quick draw, lol Sainz
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Tsunoda’s hero

- lewis vs alonso vs seb battle of the ages aged
- Ban crofty
- Crofty, shut the gently caress up
- Ocon vs. lewis best battle of the race (LeWiS Is bAcK)
- "One Thirty Are"

- LMAO charles, lmao wdc mid-interview, wining by 'rules', peak formula 1
- mid-field continues to be the most entertaining part of this sport (other than watching teams spectacularly implode e.g. Ferrari)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lando WDC 2023

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I woke up and there's already a highlight video for the Japanese GP. I saw an article on my phone saying something about Max winning the championship at a shortened race. I start to watch the highlights. Lap 1 and the track is soaked.... I'm gonna have to actually watch the full replay of this race and that's loving bullshit because I hate this sport.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max is going to win every WDC until he retires at 40.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I’m glad I didn’t stay awake for that. Oh well. At this rate Max is going to have more asterisks than Barry Bonds

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

acidx posted:

and that's loving bullshit because I hate this sport.

New thread title

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

marshalljim posted:

Max is going to win every WDC until he retires at 40.

Actually I heard that Lewis is winning next year and then it's five years of Lando, OP

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

WORLD CHAMPION**

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Actually I heard that Lewis is winning next year and then it's five years of Lando, OP

how is that possible while he’s driving a McLaren?

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
This race was very dumb and bad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
F1 was poo poo, watch some old German tin tops instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aduwBMkIY

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ROFLBOT posted:

how is that possible while he’s driving a McLaren?

I heard Andreas Seidl is going to perform great things

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Congrats2max

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Charles Leclerc posted:

F1 was poo poo, watch some old German tin tops instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aduwBMkIY

every single car is a piece of art in the current race.

none of the F1 cars come close

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i fell asleep right when the race was restarting and just woke up to watch it.

ugh. i want to go back to bed now. lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Congrats Max clearly the best driver this year well deserved.

Lol at all the haters itt

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Just watched the race. That was underwhelming. Too much spray. Turned it off as soon as i saw Max was going to win Japan. On to Austin.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does suck though that the championship ended up so lopsided. At the beginning Leclerc was neck and neck with Max.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The most FIA thing would be for an announcement in 4 hours that max isn't actually WDC

Followed by another announcement tomorrow that Red Bull really did break the spending cap and he's been stripped of last year's title too.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Rinkles posted:

Does suck though that the championship ended up so lopsided. At the beginning Leclerc was neck and neck with Max.

Wait, what?

HOLY poo poo! This loving SUCKS. I turned it off and didn't see the post interview stuff. Max won based on a :ferrari: fuckup. This epitomizes the season.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Rinkles posted:

Well when you ignore the spending cap...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah I'm not really sure what the FIA are going to do with the cost cap. "Oh you only went slightly over, never mind" is just license for teams to take the piss knowing that there are no consequences.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah I'm not really sure what the FIA are going to do with the cost cap. "Oh you only went slightly over, never mind" is just license for teams to take the piss knowing that there are no consequences.

oh you went over? here's a fine

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Followed by another announcement tomorrow that Red Bull really did break the spending cap and he's been stripped of last year's title too.

Inshallah

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Max does not will it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I thought the idea was that if you go over by a bit your only punishment is that next year’s cap for you is now (normal amount - your overage) and only large or repeated infringements would be punished by other means.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cimber posted:

Wait, what?

HOLY poo poo! This loving SUCKS. I turned it off and didn't see the post interview stuff. Max won based on a :ferrari: fuckup. This epitomizes the season.

1. Sharl goofed and got a penalty 2. due to an extremely close reading of how the regulations are formatted, this race - suspended for a long period of time and then re-started and not run to complete distance - still gave full points.

it's both convenient and probably very nice for people at Honda to have won a title at Suzuka, but even if it hadn't happened here, Max was going to clinch it in COTA or Mexico City. Red Bull will probably confirm the constructor's championship soon too.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Max winning the championship was inevitable once Ferrari started aggressively loving themselves up

There's a guy with a huski chocolate hoodie in the pub I'm at

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Yeah, max winning wdc is inevitable, how it happened today wasn’t necessary and pretty underwhelming but eh, maybe next year..

Rinkles posted:

Yeah, first couple races Charles was ahead and it looked like Ferrari had nailed the new regs.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SocksAndSandals posted:

oh you went over? here's a fine

yeah it's cool, it'll just get built into budgets and we're back to square one

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Pirate Radar posted:

I thought the idea was that if you go over by a bit your only punishment is that next year’s cap for you is now (normal amount - your overage) and only large or repeated infringements would be punished by other means.

But the current season is mostly over and they still haven't announced penalties if any for last year. They may have broke cap again this year (and probably did or will by the end) for all we know. Maybe they lose budget for 2023, but it will all be ignored by then if this is how it works

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

A fittingly lovely way to end this championship* really

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm just glad I didn't wake up to watch it, and also I'm prepared for nothing to happen tomorrow. Oh well. I'm an eternal optimist, but I also like to be angry... pretty torn here on what I want.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Didn't watch the race but more upset about the safety stuff than the rules fuckery tbh

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

BTCC championship is about to be decided by an actual race at the end of the season instead of nonsense, but if its anything like the rest of the day racing at Brands it'll be a red flag/safety car mess

e: 3rd lap safety car ffs 😑

e: and an upside down car on the final lap, classic BTCC

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 9, 2022

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

That was a fun midfield, good race except for the loving crane on the road at the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

biceps crimes posted:

That was a fun midfield, good race except for the loving crane on the road at the beginning

That just made it more exciting. Next year they should have active construction crews on the track changing the layout mid race.