Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think it's funny to think there's going to be a postgame.

why do you think that's funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I'm sure if there'll be a DLC postgame eventually.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

vanilla swish has a postgame why wouldn't scavio

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Vanilla SwSh postgame is like an hour-long lap of all the gym towns and then catching your version dog + Obligatory Battle Tower, though.

I'd love it if ScaVio have more of one built in, but we don't know either way yet unless I've missed some leaks that say anything about it. But if its postgame is similarly barebones at launch, I'm sure they'll add an expanded one in later like they did with SwSh.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

With them pushing the whole "three stories" thing so much, I wouldn't be surprised if the endings to the Gyms/Team Star/Herba Mystica stuff could all be points where the credits roll if you do them first. It'd line up with the way Legends handled it, where it has a substantial post-game because the credits roll early and I came away from that feeling pretty good.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I still remember seeing a Youtube video where the youtuber admitted that he put the game down right after seeing the end credits for Legends and then was told by a lot of people that he missed out on a significant chunk of the game due to that.

So I'd imagine that for Scarlet and Violet its set up in such a way that you'd probably have to finish the longest quest (in this case the Gym challenge) at least before seeing the credits, however in order to do that you'd need to do most of the other two quests since they're most likely blocking important routes and need to be cleared to have easier access to other areas.

I'm guessing that the normal suggested progression is Gym > Team Star/Titan Pokemon > Gym > Titan Pokemon/Team Star > Gym... and so on until you've cleared all the gyms, four Team Star hideouts and four Titan Pokemon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If this isn't the result of Trailer Magick (which it certainly could be), it doesn't bode well for Terastralize in singles

https://twitter.com/ryuzaki_vgc/status/1578094177295814656?t=kE9VwZ3IxMajp773NoyYBA&s=19

These numbers suggest that STAB goes from a 150% boost to a 300% one, which is absolutely insane considering the lack of item requirement (mega) or turn limit (dynamax).

Pretty disappointing to me because the defensive/versatility angle for Tera was the coolest part but if these numbers are even in the final ballpark it's just not going to be viable to wall. Especially in tiers under OU I imagine.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I don't think it's ever been reliable to go off of damage numbers in trailers before the games come out. Usually they're using placeholder stats and such. We won't know for sure until the games are out/datamined.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I don’t normally overthink Pokémon designs but the one that wears his rear end as a hat is unnerving

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

I don’t normally overthink Pokémon designs but the one that wears his rear end as a hat is unnerving

Magmar?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Oh thank God ditto is coming back. This I can work with.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh thank God luvdisc is coming back. This I can work with.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh thank mew 'zard is coming back. This I can work with.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Love how the thread occasionally all gets together to make me think I'm having a stroke. It's a community experience I rarely get elsewhere.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 10, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/freckles_art/status/1578759960774594560

this is very unsettling

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Twitter's thumbnail crops are very bad, I agree.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Flopsy posted:

Love how the thread occasionally all gets together to make me think I'm having a stroke. It's a community experience I rarely get elsewhere.
/

(e: they're OUT of STOCK!)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

:siren: MORE NEW INFO COMING :siren:

https://twitter.com/pokemon/status/1579819355851743233?s=46&t=_1Y_NOx_LesdPYRk6JLHbw

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1579819181117100032

I guess the focus is on more human characters.

EDIT: This character is named Nanjamo in Japanese and she's a gym leader and a popular streamer in the Paldea region.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 11, 2022

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That’s clearly a Pokémon

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

That’s clearly a Pokémon

At least, Sprigatito evo reveal

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zuzie posted:

EDIT: This character is named Nanjamo in Japanese and she's a gym leader and a popular streamer in the Paldea region.

Finally we take the fight to the vtubers.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
If she's gonna be hosting the trailer tomorrow do you think they went all out and made a live2d rig? The official pokemon Vtuber. It'd be a neat gimmick for the gen to have her host events.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1579825990012133376

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 11, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They wouldn't need to make any rig beyond her existing 3D model because a trailer is prerecorded and the avatar doesn't need to respond in real time

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

My fight or flight response just kicked in

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I’m guessing with “Ion” in the name, she’ll be an Electric-type leader?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Her design was one of the ones that leaked, and she's dressed in yellow so that seems likely

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure those are magnemites on her head too.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm pretty sure those are magnemites on her head too.

Yeah she's the electric type gym leader. Hope we get some middle evolution leaks.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Who is the skeevy conniving little marketing rat out there convincing TPC that what the people want is to be shown more of the human characters from the new Pokemon game.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Me

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Show me the fighting Eevee evolution that is triggered by force feeding it sandwiches only containing protein

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I have lost patience for all mons that won't just get in the Quick Ball. Just get in the loving ball! I don't want to do a fight right now! gently caress off!

And it was a Jynx. I don't even want the creepy thing, I just need it for the dex. Ugh.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

HopperUK posted:

I have lost patience for all mons that won't just get in the Quick Ball. Just get in the loving ball! I don't want to do a fight right now! gently caress off!

And it was a Jynx. I don't even want the creepy thing, I just need it for the dex. Ugh.

for real. the only spoiler I looked up for swish was the earliest I could get my mitts on some quick balls. luckily it was one of the first wild area vendors I saw

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bleck posted:

Who is the skeevy conniving little marketing rat out there convincing TPC that what the people want is to be shown more of the human characters from the new Pokemon game.

The human characters in Pokemon games have been largely great for quite some time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

The human characters in Pokemon games have been largely great for quite some time now.

We found the leaker