Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Eason the Fifth posted:

Removing stuns has been a wholly experience-improving decision.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Now if they just removed :widowsnypa: from the game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They should've kept the stun on Junkrat's trap if it's a Tracer imo

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Macaluso posted:

They should've kept the stun on Junkrat's trap if it's a Tracer imo

They reverted that nerf. Junkrats trap roots you to place again.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

municipal shrimp posted:

We've got plenty of people playing here every night since launch. We had two full groups last night.

https://discord.gg/Y2NGVs8RJv

this invite isn't working for some raisin

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
A thing I have learned slumming in QP while my brand new friends learn the game is that my OW1 high-plat Winston is way too much for rando new players on the opposing team to deal with. There's like visible confusion when I jump *away* to safety before dying

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Now that the servers seem to be kinda-sorta working, I’ve found that I’m having a lot of fun with JQ. Love the DOT and buff abilities.

Moira feels extra fun as compared to OW1, too. Game feels less stodgy.

The battle pass progression stuff is insanely dumb and I’m never going to spend a penny on it, and I miss end of match cards, but eh, I’ll stick with this for a while.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

BabyRyoga posted:

There is a bug where a lot of people are getting ranked into Bronze 5, apparently. Technically it should be impossible to rank that low, even on a new account. You would have to actually tank and throw many many games on OW1 to even make it to bronze.

Lol I think I just got this. 70% win rate in the promos, bronze 5 babay!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Insanite posted:

Moira feels extra fun as compared to OW1, too.

:confused:

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
Super curious:

Can people post here what you are getting for match XP excluding any challenge completion XP?
As well if you have bought the premium pass or not?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

It is time based + whatever challenges you complete * your xp bonuses.

Typical Comp games for me goes mid 1000:s unless the game is very short. Long games can go up to 2k.
Fast deathmatches can be under 1k.
That is with Premium bonus +20%

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

adhuin posted:

They reverted that nerf. Junkrats trap roots you to place again.

Ooooh baby. I did not play long enough the other day to realize this. Junkrat continues to be the best

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

xgalaxy posted:

Super curious:

Can people post here what you are getting for match XP excluding any challenge completion XP?
As well if you have bought the premium pass or not?

Generally in the range of 400 to 1200 XP depending mostly on match length (it seems). I do have the premium pass because a fool and her money.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

idk, life is complicated.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Yeah Sigma's weapon charm is the laziest poo poo in the world like, whatever, jam it in his hand

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

adhuin posted:

It is time based + whatever challenges you complete * your xp bonuses.

Typical Comp games for me goes mid 1000:s unless the game is very short. Long games can go up to 2k.
Fast deathmatches can be under 1k.
That is with Premium bonus +20%

I need to pay more attention today but I swear the only time I break 1k XP is if I’ve completed a challenge.
I’d say generally I’m around 500-800xp per match but I’m going to log it today to verify.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Only a few hundred for quickplay wins, which is all I play. Don't have premium though

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I'm also usually in the 500-800xp range. I like playing qp role queue and doing any role.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Mind over Matter posted:

Can someone please explain the Eliminations, Assists, and Final Blows to me? At first I thought that Eliminations were final hits and Assists were kills that you participated in but didn't land the last hit on. But Eliminations and Final Blows can be different numbers so I guess that's not it?

Eliminations are kills you got some amount of damage on before some minimum amount of time passes. I don’t know how healing and health packs affects this time, but if it’s been 5 seconds since you hit the person, you should always get elimination credit. Limit might be 10 seconds.

Final Blows are kills where you got the final hit in.

Assists are eliminations where someone else got the final blow and you contributed in some way that wasn’t damage. Whether healing/buffing someone who got elimination credit, or CCing/debuffing the player eliminated. In OW1 just healing would not give you assist credit in the upper right, but it would give you assist credit for stats and your scoreboard. There also was delineation for offensive and defensive assists.

Haven’t gotten to play much OW2 to see how much they’ve changed the system, but it should be pretty close to the same.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I'm also usually in the 500-800xp range. I like playing qp role queue and doing any role.

Quickplay is a shorter game mode than Competitive.

In quickplay only one team gets to be attacker and other defends.
In competitive both sides get their change to attack.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Same, even in loses I see around 700.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I did not realize Sombra has infinite stealth now.

Also I'm completely shite with Cassidy now with no stun to ward off people (also my aim is so much worse now).

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

poe meater posted:

I did not realize Sombra has infinite stealth now.

Also I'm completely shite with Cassidy now with no stun to ward off people (also my aim is so much worse now).

Sombra is legit scary as a backline assassin. Hack Zen, dump mag, teleport out, repeat

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
Does comp get easier once you get out of bronze? I'm wondering if I'm struggling so much because of how many people are in bronze that really shouldn't be. I feel like you should only be in bronze if you lost most of your matches.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Does Junker Queen's damage over time when she throws her knife only work while the knife is in the enemy or does it keep ticking even when you retrieve it?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I still like how the only skin Sigma has, with shoes on, is the Talon skin. Because they might be out to ruin the world and brainwash people into becoming assassins and overall are bad, but even they got a limit with nasty old man feet.

I do like his interactions with Moira, who sounds just so loving tired of babysitting him.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sailor Dave posted:

Does comp get easier once you get out of bronze? I'm wondering if I'm struggling so much because of how many people are in bronze that really shouldn't be. I feel like you should only be in bronze if you lost most of your matches.

The devs or whoever said they intentionally placed players lower than they'd expect. Top 500 players were getting placed into low-mid Masters and GMs into diamond regardless of how many wins/losses they got. By that logic, you can expect maybe at best Gold-level players being put into Bronze.

To answer your question, comp should never get easier moving up. My matches after 23 wins in my tank queue going from Silver 5, to Silver 2, to Silver 1 have been increasingly more challenging (and fun!). My brother placed Bronze 5 in his DPS queue playing in a stack or with me in a duo. He's climbed to Silver 4 after 28 wins (not sure how many losses).

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
How did I rank bronze 5?! I didn't think I was that bad :(

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

teagone posted:

The devs or whoever said they intentionally placed players lower than they'd expect. Top 500 players were getting placed into low-mid Masters and GMs into diamond regardless of how many wins/losses they got. By that logic, you can expect maybe at best Gold-level players being put into Bronze.

To answer your question, comp should never get easier moving up. My matches after 23 wins in my tank queue going from Silver 5, to Silver 2, to Silver 1 have been increasingly more challenging (and fun!). My brother placed Bronze 5 in his DPS queue playing in a stack or with me in a duo. He's climbed to Silver 4 after 28 wins (not sure how many losses).

I suppose what I meant was, since Bronze is the absolute lowest rank you can go and it can't go any lower, that means that the worst players that should be Bronze are smushed in with people that should be Gold, making it much harder to actually climb out since you could have Bronze teammates against Gold opponents. I was hoping that once you got into Silver, you'd have people closer to your actual skill level that you can actually work with.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I really hope they add a way to disable or limit the voice lines for when your team becomes outnumbered. Like, yeah. It's a good reminder to be careful when you're down a body and the enemy isn't. But I don't need to hear one every. drat. Time.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Mind over Matter posted:

I really hope they add a way to disable or limit the voice lines for when your team becomes outnumbered. Like, yeah. It's a good reminder to be careful when you're down a body and the enemy isn't. But I don't need to hear one every. drat. Time.

Most Genjis do.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Turning on the ping for when an enemy or ally dies is very important and way more distinct, and doesn’t require watching the kill feed.

That and the ping system can definitely improve your game awareness and teamwork. Players do generally pay attention to pings, especially the enemy ping that shows the hero icon. Very useful for showing where a widow or reaper is, for instance.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sailor Dave posted:

I suppose what I meant was, since Bronze is the absolute lowest rank you can go and it can't go any lower, that means that the worst players that should be Bronze are smushed in with people that should be Gold, making it much harder to actually climb out since you could have Bronze teammates against Gold opponents. I was hoping that once you got into Silver, you'd have people closer to your actual skill level that you can actually work with.

The MMR likely does its best to make sure if your opponent has Gold-level players, you will also have Gold-level players on your team. If you're meant to climb out of Bronze you will. If you're hardstuck in whatever rank it's probably because you aren't improving.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sailor Dave posted:

If you're gold/silver though, there's higher likelihood of the enemy team having bronze players against you than vice versa.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I didn't really realize how different getting rid of a tank would make the game. This plays basically like night and day in QP at least, I can see that characters with escapes and mobility are probably gonna be highly regarded compared to characters with little to no escapes or mobility such as sym, reaper, ana, or zen, just because you don't have that extra meat shield to help peel for you when you get in trouble. It's not better or worse, just different :shrug:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Defenestrategy posted:

It's not better or worse, just different :shrug:

I mean it's worse if you can't land your sleeps like me :smith:

I find Ana is still good on maps like Hollywood and Eichenwald where you've got nice long sight lines and places where you won't instantly get jumped by a dps

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Is it me or does Doomfist feel really weak now? He just does not seem like a good tank.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

Is it me or does Doomfist feel really weak now? He just does not seem like a good tank.

I think he could use a buff but he can work if he gets in and out v. fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Just Chamber posted:

Doom and hamster got really slaughtered. Its unfortunate. Tank balance is pretty out of whack atm