Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Orisa is extremely OP right now, it's insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

You literally cannot die

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Dooms main problem is damage. Even a full combo of powered fist after his block, shots, and slam just doesn’t get the job done most times.

Defenestrategy posted:

I can see that characters with escapes and mobility are probably gonna be highly regarded compared to characters with little to no escapes or mobility such as sym, reaper, ana, or zen,

Ana Reaper and Zen are all very strong and meta right now. Not sure about Sym. Reaper is both mobile and has the safest escape in the game.

Orisa gets melted pretty fast if focused at the high end, because like always, her hit box makes her a bullet magnet. She’s pretty strong against flanking comps that don’t put out much direct pressure though. Spear feels great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

They need to tune Doomfist's charged rocket punch to be at least on the same level of execution as Hog's hook or something. Any connect with a rocket punch should just delete a character.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

teagone posted:

They need to tune Doomfist's charged rocket punch to be at least on the same level of execution as Hog's hook or something. Any connect with a rocket punch should just delete a character.

personally i've been wishing that roadhog's hook's main usage was pulling enemies out of position for your team to slay but i don't think i will ever get my wish. seems kind of redundant to have a "hook" style ability if you can just kill them by yourself anyway

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yeah, no. She literally had 40% winrate during the beta and the buffs she got since were tiny.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
holy bronze 3. that's a ways from plat i was in ow1. granted i was more of a quickplay allstar. this should be a (un)fun grind

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Curious what Orisa's winrate is in plat and below as that's the majority of players (so that's what matters imo). Like yea I'm sure higher levels she gets deleted for sure as yes she's a big target.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sooo

This supposed to be the "cyberpunk" season. Where are all these skins they showed off?
Did they decide to spread them out across several seasons to rake in even more cash for even less work?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think I would be ok with the weeklies if they went 30/40/50 coins instead of 30/20/10. That last 10 for getting the 2 hardest ones is completely unrewarding.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Sooo

This supposed to be the "cyberpunk" season. Where are all these skins they showed off?
Did they decide to spread them out across several seasons to rake in even more cash for even less work?

They'll be in the shop for real cash of course.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Sooo

The Kiriko one is in the battle pass. The rest will probably show up in the shop at some point. Maybe during the Halloween event.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Got some more games in and while I dont necessarily like some of the changes, tanks and support feel close enough that I can roll with it. DPS is all over the loving board though and a very unpleasant experience so far. Also Wrecking Ball needs some serious attention.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bottom Liner posted:

Turning on the ping for when an enemy or ally dies is very important and way more distinct, and doesn’t require watching the kill feed.

That and the ping system can definitely improve your game awareness and teamwork. Players do generally pay attention to pings, especially the enemy ping that shows the hero icon. Very useful for showing where a widow or reaper is, for instance.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure what this has to do with my point. Which is that the "we're outnumbered" voice lines are annoying for how often they play.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
I didn't get any placement matches at all, and I was just planted to Bronze 6 automatically when I started my first comp game.

I wondered why they removed the placements, but seems I struck some bug. Will have to try if I get placements on tanks or dps, if I ever actually bother to queue that long

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mind over Matter posted:

I agree with you, but I'm not sure what this has to do with my point. Which is that the "we're outnumbered" voice lines are annoying for how often they play.

Sorry I forgot to add the “turn down voices” advice because I agree, way too much talking for how hectic the game already is.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

headcase posted:

I think I would be ok with the weeklies if they went 30/40/50 coins instead of 30/20/10. That last 10 for getting the 2 hardest ones is completely unrewarding.

Yeah I've pretty much decided the last 10 isn't worth it unless I decide I really want to make the game really unfun for myself. 50 is a nice tidy number I've been able to get through my natural queuing choices anyway.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The robot from the push maps is such a fake friend

One objective, two faces smh

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

God I wish they'd just nerf Moria's damage into the ground just to discourage your healer from running around trying to solo the other team

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Just Chamber posted:

God I wish they'd just nerf Moria's damage into the ground just to discourage your healer from running around trying to solo the other team

All characters are now DPS my friend

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

All characters are now DPS my friend

Mercy needs to have staff in one hand and pistol in the other. Staff does both beams on right click, pistol shoots on left click.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

headcase posted:

Mercy needs to have staff in one hand and pistol in the other. Staff does both beams on right click, pistol shoots on left click.

This is what Valkyrie ult should be.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I do wish it would automatically heal if injured and and damage boost if not. Come on I'm not playing mercy to beam think, I want to relive my medic days, crouched around a corner.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Support isn't fun in comp.

I had a team with a Hog that kept running into a small room and getting anti-naded and they kept getting mad that they weren't getting any heals. Well yeah, when you keep going in solo and not waiting for your healers while trying to 1v5 the other team and keep walking right into an Ana comp you aren't gonna be getting heals.

People are ridiculous in not playing together. And oh yeah, nobody bothers to peel for healers. When your lone tank just decides to DPS and run straight into the other team and not bother to protect squishies and complains about no heals, it's not fun. Oh and also when I'm the only one bothering to check the Reaper who keeps flanking, sleeping him, pinging my teammates, and they completely ignore it and keep on standing at the choke shooting nothing. Then get surprised when they're death blossomed.

Oh and also the DPS person complaining about Junkrat while they were playing a Tracer into him. I'm not gonna be one of those jerks to tell you to switch off characters, but don't complain when you make a pick like that.

I've had a lot more fun and success as a tank because I actually know what to do in that role.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 9, 2022

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Is there a way to even know if you have the battlepass? I bought the watchpoint pack or whatever way back when it guaranteed beta access, no idea what the hell is going on in the game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hypnolobster posted:

Is there a way to even know if you have the battlepass? I bought the watchpoint pack or whatever way back when it guaranteed beta access, no idea what the hell is going on in the game.

If you have it you'll have Kiriko unlocked and 2000 coins or whatever those are called. All of my stuff from the pack didn't show up for a couple of days.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Kiriko is unlocked for everyone in quickplay right? At least that's what I assume since I have her

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

I still like how the only skin Sigma has, with shoes on, is the Talon skin. Because they might be out to ruin the world and brainwash people into becoming assassins and overall are bad, but even they got a limit with nasty old man feet.

I do like his interactions with Moira, who sounds just so loving tired of babysitting him.

He has a conductor skin with shoes on. Sadly, you can no longer get it (BOOOO)

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Zzulu posted:

Kiriko is unlocked for everyone in quickplay right? At least that's what I assume since I have her

I think she's unlocked completely for everyone who bought OW1.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

You're in the wrong game if you're looking for teamwork. Tankls are DPS. Healers are DPS. DPS are occasionally also DPS when they aren't busy sniffing glue.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Reins new charge is scary mobile.

Back in the OW1 I used to bait enemy Reins to charge me and then just sidestep aside and lit their rear end.
Now he can turn so fast that I can't dodge far enough.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

trying to keep the team of randos together on the point while my baptiste attempts to heal them while also getting shot to hell by it suddenly becoming 5v1 when the tanks decide to chase a reaper gets real old

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Hypnolobster posted:

EDM skin for DVA is exclusive to the battle pass. Watchpoint Pack gives you access to it (and a bunch of other skins, you can check the list of them in the shop even if you've bought it). You can have Kiriko without the pass if you owned OW1.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

trying to keep the team of randos together on the point while my baptiste attempts to heal them while also getting shot to hell by it suddenly becoming 5v1 when the tanks decide to chase a reaper gets real old

trying to convince your DPS that the map isn't a single linear line that you have to fight down no matter what challenge (impossible)

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

[pinging] Reaper here.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vermain posted:

trying to convince your DPS that the map isn't a single linear line that you have to fight down no matter what challenge (impossible)

what's high ground, precious?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's really funny how every single team game like this has a your X vs. enemy X experience

there's not enough money on the planet to pay your team's genji to do something other than doublejump hucking shurikens at a rein shield, meanwhile enemy team genji has a 3D mental map of every side route and health pack in the game and can walk up and punch your supports in the back like he's hitting an elimination vending machine

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Hi I'm the dps with more deaths than kills and this game is hard ok?
Hitting stuff isn't easy!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

That's me on pretty much every DPS but Torb. I'm not trying to feed, lord knows. I'm trying to pay attention and do well, but... I'm bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

yessss

Only registered members can see post attachments!