Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

No Wave posted:

Most people playing HS don't force themselves to play the literal strongest deck at any given moment. Even the most broken decks in history never went above 35%. People also have their own opinions about deck matchups/favorability.

I am making the assumption that people who are Diamond 4 and above (as I mentioned) are playing to win and have access or get access to Tier 1 decks. Which is why I limited the question to only those who are that high up in the rankings.

I am super curious as to what is currently happening and whether or not Blizz will nerf the deck. Thanks for engaging with the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's not an accurate assumption. You can look at the history of deck popularity percentage across all of VS history and even KotFT druid was 36% at top legend. Most players will sooner log off than play the king tier 0 meta deck.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Chernabog posted:

Also, not everyone may have the cards they need for a particular deck.

Big Beast Hunter does have a rather large number of Legendaries in it right now, and it's 40 cards.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Mayveena posted:

Tirion hasn't had a fit in even Tier 1 Pally meta decks, probably because he costs too much for what he is and/or the Pally meta has been dominated by mid speed play vs control style play.

Tirion is also a dead card if you've already played Cariel because of his deathrattle (Ask me how my experiment in using him as a replacement for Leviathan went).

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I think my problem with current Hunter is that it is one of those decks that is just generally good and has a bunch of different paths to victory so... from my perspective... it doesn't really feel like you're doing anything. Just playing good cards as you draw them and seeing how you win.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Wizard of the Deep posted:

I just tried this (slightly modified to cut out Reno and Zephyrus, since there are plenty of dupes in the deck), and managed to kill both my opponent and myself simultaneously. Enough stacked damage on Kingsbane to win, but the two card-draws after I'd decked out were enough to fatigue me to -8.

10/10, will tie again.

The card draw in this deck is straight out unmanageable unless you've played it a bunch. Zeph and Reno are great late game cards, but def not necessary. You'll get to play them a LOT more often than you would expect. Zeph is more important than Reno.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mayveena posted:

So if Beast Hunter has only one unfavorable matchup why isn't everyone and their grandma playing it? I would think the deck would be more of the meta given this information. Again talking about D4+

Because playing/playing against priest is miserable

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Mayveena posted:

So if Beast Hunter has only one unfavorable matchup why isn't everyone and their grandma playing it?

I get to d5 every month no matter what deck I play. However even with a broken strong deck legendary is still a grind.

So I just play decks I find fun to play and I tend to not enjoy hunter that much.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

GTO posted:

I get to d5 every month no matter what deck I play. However even with a broken strong deck legendary is still a grind.

So I just play decks I find fun to play and I tend to not enjoy hunter that much.

Same. I just choose a deck based on what my daily quest tells me I need to play.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Strawberry Panda posted:

Same. I just choose a deck based on what my daily quest tells me I need to play.

Yeah. I'll fall back on Control Shaman if I just need some wins (since somehow I've got all the cards for it despite barely spending any money on the game) but otherwise I let the quests guide me.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
lol, very cool that beast hunters all over wild too. tundra rhino with hydra is a cool thing

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHA hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I will steal your 30/30 and you will like it. what a loving game lol

https://hsreplay.net/replay/UbPQgUomeWJLtcAQFuj36S

### Reno Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Double Jump
# 1x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Immolation Aura
# 1x (2) Sigil of Flame
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Felrattler
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 1x (4) Glaiveshark
# 1x (4) Prosecutor Mel'tranix
# 1x (4) Star Student Stelina
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (5) Chaos Nova
# 1x (5) Feugen
# 1x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (5) Rotten Applebaum
# 1x (5) Stalagg
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (5) Zai, the Incredible
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Death Speaker Blackthorn
# 1x (7) Expendable Performers
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAea5AyiEDoUO4KwCubIC38QCxfMC/KMDkbEDj84Dg9AD1tED3dMDyt0D0d0D/eoDv+0Dpu8Dr+8D5/ADifcDivcDyIAEqIoEh4sE+JQEgZ8EtKAE5bAE77EE8rEE/r8EvsoE6dAEltQEmNQEmtQEuNkE7u0El+8EpO8EAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Mayveena posted:

I am making the assumption that people who are Diamond 4 and above (as I mentioned) are playing to win and have access or get access to Tier 1 decks. Which is why I limited the question to only those who are that high up in the rankings.

I am super curious as to what is currently happening and whether or not Blizz will nerf the deck. Thanks for engaging with the issue.

I think it'll see a nerf, but after a playing the deck a bunch ... it doesn't feel super strong?

It feels like midrange-control - you make efficient plays every turn and have a decent top end.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I really really suck against the Jailer Paladin deck.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Tezzeract posted:

I think it'll see a nerf, but after a playing the deck a bunch ... it doesn't feel super strong?

It feels like midrange-control - you make efficient plays every turn and have a decent top end.

VS podcast thinks Harpoon Gun will be nerfed and maybe the wild seeds as well. They are expecting a balance pass this week.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I hope so, I'm finding the meta pretty stale. The mini set didn't seem to make much difference to me.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hi, use this deck even if it makes you feel dirty. I have played 25 games with one loss between yesterday and today. Up at diamond 3 so far and will likely hit legend with it. I shamelessly stole it from nohandsgamer or someone, dunno. But it is stupid good.

### Beast Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 1x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Imported Tarantula
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Defense Attorney Nathanos
# 1x (7) Huntsman Altimor
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (8) Collateral Damage
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
#
AAECAZ3eBQ7F+wOU/APbkQThnwTaowThpATHsgTAuQTnuQTp0AS+4wTE7QSX7wT5kgUN6ukD9PYDh/0Dw4AE5aQEwKwElrcEg8gEv9MEuOMEweMEzOQE0OQEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So... completing the Battleground Track gives no achievement or xp, and removes weekly BG quests, so it just dead ends.

Curious.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

It makes me laugh that the deck is so good that Wing Commander Ichman is seeing serious play on ladder.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

GTO posted:

I hope so, I'm finding the meta pretty stale. The mini set didn't seem to make much difference to me.

Casual Wild is where the real fun is.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

It makes me laugh that the deck is so good that Wing Commander Ichman is seeing serious play on ladder.

Ichmann's been played ever since the first Vanndar versions of the deck back at Alterac release. Everyone thought he was a joke card when he was revealed but he's actually just really solid in that deck.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
did they fix him giving a beast rush even when it doesn't get summoned on the board?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

did they fix him giving a beast rush even when it doesn't get summoned on the board?

I've never even heard of that. How does that work?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

OMFG FURRY posted:

I hadn't heard about this but when he pulls Hydralodon the arms don't get rush so I would assume whatever the issue was is fixed.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I'm guessing it's when there was no board space for the last beast, and that it would give the beast in your deck rush? Haven't seen it myself

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

PneumonicBook posted:

I hadn't heard about this but when he pulls Hydralodon the arms don't get rush so I would assume whatever the issue was is fixed.

I mean, rules as written that makes sense. The hydralodon gets rush, but the arms are separate creatures and so don't get that buff, and the battlecry doesn't trigger so the arms don't get rush that way. It's annoying, but I don't think it's a bug.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
It's not a bug. The whole rush thing with Hydralon is a battlecry. Ichman summons beasts, battlecries don't apply. He would be broken as gently caress if battlecries somehow worked with his text.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Patrick Spens posted:

I mean, rules as written that makes sense. The hydralodon gets rush, but the arms are separate creatures and so don't get that buff, and the battlecry doesn't trigger so the arms don't get rush that way. It's annoying, but I don't think it's a bug.

Yea that's what I was saying.

I was assuming the bug was iceman giving rush to things it shouldn't, like the hydra arms.

Edit: lol iceman. Leaving that.

You two are conflating what the bug is. The hydra arms shouldn't get rush when pulled out from a wing commander hydra, which is what currently happens. I was taking a guess that maybe it was giving them rush when it shouldn't be, but I don't think anyone's actually said what the bug IS/WAS.

The only thing google's giving me is a "bug" with lake thresher and some texture bugs

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 11, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Boarlock seems like a hilariously bad deck that can just win enough games to be considered "a deck" so of course I want to craft it

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Doji Sekushi posted:

Hi, use this deck even if it makes you feel dirty. I have played 25 games with one loss between yesterday and today. Up at diamond 3 so far and will likely hit legend with it. I shamelessly stole it from nohandsgamer or someone, dunno. But it is stupid good.

### Beast Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Batty Guest
# 1x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frenzied Fangs
# 2x (2) K9-0tron
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Azsharan Saber
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Imported Tarantula
# 2x (5) Pet Collector
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Defense Attorney Nathanos
# 1x (7) Huntsman Altimor
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 2x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (8) Collateral Damage
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 1x (9) Wing Commander Ichman
#
AAECAZ3eBQ7F+wOU/APbkQThnwTaowThpATHsgTAuQTnuQTp0AS+4wTE7QSX7wT5kgUN6ukD9PYDh/0Dw4AE5aQEwKwElrcEg8gEv9MEuOMEweMEzOQE0OQEAA==
#

Any strats against Implocks and Priests? Think I'm just bad at the game :D

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Tezzeract posted:

Any strats against Implocks and Priests? Think I'm just bad at the game :D

You have to mulligan hard for the low end of your deck and hope you can curve out while still working towards building threats. It's difficult. I'm 3-2 against implocks, aggro druids are more or less the same. Priest I haven't ran into yet but hope youve got a devouring swarm and use your school teacher's to try and get another one or two so you can snipe their giant nagas with the spiders.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

victorious posted:

I've never even heard of that. How does that work?

if you kill a minion with the effect and don't have board space, the animation will go off. If you draw the beast that the effect 'landed' on and play it, it will have rush. Happened to me with the hydra at the release, funnily enough

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1579880748005220353

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Not sure about ‘looking forward’ but I guess change is good.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

The stag definitely needs a nerf imo. That plus the weapon is too much.

I'd be quite keen for the theotar to be a 1/1 or cost more.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Format needs more lethality so badly. Every deck being a giant minion pile is so boring.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I wonder if changes to the two spirits will bring refunds for all the cards that summon them? Did that happen last time they nerfed stag?

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
It did

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Theotar's effect is good and I think it is good to have around but I think that at 4-mana he's just in literally every deck and that isn't particularly good for the format. Bump him to 6- or 7- like Mutanus and he still accomplishes his disruption against Denathrius without being an auto-include.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If he were 6 or 7 he would have to have a better than 1 in 3 shot of taking denathrius. As is he's a very good card that can win you the game vs denathrius 30% of games where he is in the deck, at 6 or 7 he's a niche tech card that doesnt even work most of the time.