Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
WESTBROOK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hahaha trying to do a mortal kombat fatality on davis mills after the whistle. on 3rd and 20!!! this game rocks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol jaguars

lobster shirt posted:

hahaha trying to do a mortal kombat fatality on davis mills after the whistle. on 3rd and 20!!! this game rocks.

to be fair it would have been unsportsmaklike even without the whistle

also he jumped offside to do it. just spectacular work all around

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure this makes the Jaguars the worst team in the AFC South. We'll ship the belt to you guys after this game.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i am not going to start congratulating the texans on being only the third worst afc south team until the game is over. they could easily lose.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

i am not going to start congratulating the texans on being only the third worst afc south team until the game is over. they could easily lose.

another tie would be funny

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

well gg jags lmao

I guess I was underestimating their cursed status

e: love the replay of Marvin Jones wide open for an easy first down and Lawrence didn't even glance at him

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm not a betting man, but if I was, "Texans will find a way to beat the Jags," would've been a tempting bet and easy money.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, "Texans will find a way to beat the Jags," would've been a tempting bet and easy money.

It used to be the opposite. Never forget the Garrard hail mary

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

another tie would be funny

hahaha hell yeah

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the pitch was hilarious

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

wtf you doing jaguars

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Trevor actually a bust

I'm loving down

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

worst hail mary ever

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It was an ugly win, but we're an ugly team.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
would like to extend my sincere thanks to the Jaguars for politely refusing to let any team in the AFC South suffer the indignity of a zero win season

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

JT Jag posted:

we'll find out a lot about who the 2022 Jaguars are based on if they utterly shithouse the Texans this weekend or not
we found out a lot. they're a bad team actually

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SAME
OL'
SORRY
rear end
JAGS

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah, hard to believe in Trevor being the guy going forward. Early in a season to write him off considering the travesty of last season, but he just loves turning it over. We'd have a better shot with Blake in right now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Trevor actually a bust

I'm loving down

Yeah, same. I wanted to like him the same way I liked Andrew Luck for the Colts, some measure of respect for a rival QB, but this dude is just ruined.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod posted:

Counterpoint: Carson Wentz

Yep

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Wentz once again hoses the Colts.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Whew

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

thank god

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

imagine being a fan of the only afc south team to lose this week

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We're the new kings of poo poo Mountain!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

lol that we nearly lost to carson wentz and are also division leaders

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Going into the bye with a winning record and divisional lead 💅💅💅

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love this weird rear end division

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
https://twitter.com/mickeyryan1045/status/1579204159672549376?s=46&t=wbVKROPtZurFDoZvW7poXQ

This is not the season I wanted, but probably the season this team deserves, while refusing to make better personnel and staffing decisions

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What record does a team compromised of the best players from the AFC South finish with?

10-7?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
e: Wrong thread

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kirios posted:

What record does a team compromised of the best players from the AFC South finish with?

10-7?

Who’s coaching? This is important.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

david culley

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All I know is if you put all the best players in the AFC South on the same team that you should never ever ever pass the ball

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

People keep posting this joke but, honestly, I'm beginning to wonder about him.

I know it took some all timers like Elway, Peyton and Brees to find their groove but I keep watching Trevor and, thus far, I still have a bit of an "eye test" problem with him. Not with his arm or mobility - not his physical skills - but more the kind of poo poo really needs to be learned or on occasion is otherwise innate with some guys. Nothing really seems...smooth...with him for lack of a better term and I'm not sure he can elevate guys around him; let alone put a team on his back.

He turned the ball over 5 times last week and this afternoon put up 6 points against arguably the worst team in the league. The defense did its job. Again. There seems like there's a good player in their somewhere but even when he's looked good a lot of that is due to play calling and big efforts by his supporting cast. At least to my eyes.

I think, at this stage, that beginning to ask these kind of questions about Trevor and exactly what he is are legit and I fully expect a large dose of this talk on local radio this week. This is arguably 2 games he's cost this team.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 9, 2022

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I think the key element missing is composure, like, on a long term level, not just when a pocket collapses. He fumbles at the worst time, sails it at the worst time... his decision making is flawed and worsening. I think Urban really hosed him up mentally, or the cracks have always been there.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Willing trevor bust into reality has been a pleasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trevor Bust