Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
No I know what they are talking about. It was like 7 or 8 different panels all of "unsuspecting back attacks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
did a back attack ever succeed in Bleach

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's how urahara beat aizen, yeah. i don't remember if it used that panel layout, though.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has the person who has done the Bleach soundtrack done anything else?
Watch the Casshern live action movie to hear your favorite Bleach soundtrack all over again!

https://twitter.com/caseyexplosion/status/1494798174292168705

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no thanks ill just watch shin godzilla instead

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Alright so I'm trying to find it but years and years ago someone either here or someone reposted it but I'm looking for a picture of like all the various back attacks people are about to do on an unsuspecting opponent with an all white background in the manga. It's not even remotely a shot but I was wanting to show my wife how often that happened in Bleach's manga. For some reason I keep thinking the person that's about to be attacked by every single back attacking character in an all white background is Momo, but I could be totally wrong.

Also I'm so incredibly hype for this, I can't wait to watch an incredibly good arc of such a great series animated at long last

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

SalTheBard posted:

No I know what they are talking about. It was like 7 or 8 different panels all of "unsuspecting back attacks"

Yeah, I think you know which one. I'm so certain it came from here

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stairmaster posted:

no thanks ill just watch shin godzilla instead

this is a good idea because shin godzilla is good unlike the casshern movie

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

You mean this?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean that is probably not even a tenth of the times the surprise attack from behind happens in Bleach. Kubo absolutely loves that poo poo, to the point that even the anime made fun of it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
drat they just stole a joke from Buso Renkin.

The hit manga by Hatsune Miku.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Sydin posted:

I mean that is probably not even a tenth of the times the surprise attack from behind happens in Bleach. Kubo absolutely loves that poo poo, to the point that even the anime made fun of it.

bleach goldens best goldens

the 'meta-theme' of everyone just being friends and playing roles for the camera is incredibly charming

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I found a site that had the color manga and was randomly flipping through chapters and I read the first Grand Fisher fight and got to the end where he gets turned into an Arrancar and it blew my mind because I did not remember that at all. That was some hella foreshadowing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

bleach goldens best goldens

the 'meta-theme' of everyone just being friends and playing roles for the camera is incredibly charming

except aizen who everyone is still terrified of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6YD7VybyGk

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I hope those come back and poke fun at how stupid Yhwach's power is

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/oecuf0/status/1579164529325662210?t=4thmA9nHzFFoKFEKf-V-Bw&s=19

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Someone's got a mouse-shaped laser sight on the back of their forehead rn

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo it's so loving good. I'm so happy right now

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want to watch it, but I don't know if I trust that source to not be a honeypot by mouse special ops. I've played Kingdom Hearts, I know what Mickey is capable of.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

chumbler posted:

I want to watch it, but I don't know if I trust that source to not be a honeypot by mouse special ops. I've played Kingdom Hearts, I know what Mickey is capable of.

last thing you hear before you die is a squeaky voice: "ban...kai!"

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

and for a brief moment, bleach OP/ED youtube playlists were updated again before once more falling silent forever

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

VPN 4 lyfe

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Telltolin posted:

and for a brief moment, bleach OP/ED youtube playlists were updated again before once more falling silent forever

no op this episode

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
"Your security is a bit low"
"I am here. There is no greater security than that"

still one of the most badass boasts in anime history :black101: :hellyeah:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 10, 2022

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
First episode was good, bleach is BACK and I am loving here for it.

SalTheBard posted:

VPN 4 lyfe

:haibrow:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will make the sacrifice and pay for hulu and get probably a worse quality product on a delay as is the way of things, but I choose to believe it will put a couple more pennies in Kubo's wallet.

God drat it's 2022 and Bleach is almost here, I can hardly believe it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

chumbler posted:

I will make the sacrifice and pay for hulu and get probably a worse quality product on a delay as is the way of things, but I choose to believe it will put a couple more pennies in Kubo's wallet.

Same.

I just went to look for it since it's past midnight and was greeted with an unwelcome "PREMIERES 8:30 AM".

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

secretly best girl posted:

Same.

I just went to look for it since it's past midnight and was greeted with an unwelcome "PREMIERES 8:30 AM".

kubo has trolled us once more, friends

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

I have Hulu as well and will probably watch it there the rest of the series but I'm just really excited about Bleach

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

chumbler posted:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SerSpook posted:

kubo has trolled us once more, friends

Still not convinced Kubo isn't just Kojima in disguise

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Watching on Hulu right now. Hype as hell once the Crew arrives and the jams start. Did not expect Number One to come back right away

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Schubalts posted:

Did not expect Number One to come back right away

I didn't either and I was so happy when it did

Simulation883
Jan 1, 2007
Just finished the first ep on Hulu...

Yamamoto was great as always. "I am here, that is the greatest protection there is."

Also, that first Shinigami was right. Why WERE they sent there? Obviously things were handled and it was a literal death sentence for entry level Shinigami to be there. I read the manga and there' probably a reason, but I don't recall.

Loved the introduction of the main characters, but couldn't help thinking of all the collateral damage they caused.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Simulation883 posted:

Just finished the first ep on Hulu...

Also, that first Shinigami was right. Why WERE they sent there?

There weren't supposed to be that many Hollows normally, so they could have probably dealt with the normal low level variety. The thing is you can see a Quincy at the start of the episode using "bait" to attract more and stronger Hollows.

With that being said, it wouldn't be the first time the 13th Squads send unprepared people to their deaths. It has been established at this point in the story that the 13th Squads are either trolls or dicks.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's good, folks

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the bigger q is why rushia isn't the one stationed there

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Rukia is a lieutenant when she appears in the fullbring arc, and it doesn't seem they are stationed the same way.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lieutenants are too powerful to let wander the mortal world without restraining their power (do NOT ask about urahaha's social circle, the vaizards, or the fullbringers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

(do NOT ask about urahaha's social circle, the vaizards, or the fullbringers)

Isn't this why Hollows attack Karakura Town so frequently? Specifically because of their presence?