Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Xaris posted:

808s onward.

graduation is the best

Yeezus rules, you dork.

He started losing me after this, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwQgjq0mCdE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

theres so much going on here and it all pisses me off

40 y/o goon considering “getting into” Kanye for the first time, but concerned about the politics implications of listening to a maga guy who says the n-word a lot. ftw.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Yeezus rules, you dork.

He started losing me after this, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwQgjq0mCdE

it's a gimmick song but it's still catchy. at least it's not self-serious, which is Worst Kanye

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hey

I am 35 :colbert:

And it's less about "the politics implications" and more about how as a Jew I'm a little bit loving twitchy about Nazi propaganda so gently caress off

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

as a 28 year old jew I give you permission

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

mastershakeman posted:

What's the best movie that takes place.aeoind Halloween in the narrative

The Crow

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

larry david, after much debate with his friends, sitting down to listen to kanye for the first time and then seeing the tweet as the theme song starts to play

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

Heaping thanks and praise upon u for this

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

loquacius posted:

Hey

I am 35 :colbert:

And it's less about "the politics implications" and more about how as a Jew I'm a little bit loving twitchy about Nazi propaganda so gently caress off

lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

indigi posted:

why are you still watching after a dozen episodes

for all mankind is really good at baiting people with just enough genuinely good and interesting ideas its easy enough to overlook the stupid ones but the third reason ratio of this really took a nosedive with their not even attempting to explain why one of the foreign characters did an objectively insane stupid thing at the second season cliffhanger and this is followed up in the third season with another foreigner doing an objectively impossible stupid thing that im also expecting no one is even going to attempt to explain

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

for all mankind is really good at baiting people with just enough genuinely good and interesting ideas its easy enough to overlook the stupid ones

ya

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

larry david, after much debate with his friends, sitting down to listen to kanye for the first time and then seeing the tweet as the theme song starts to play

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

thank u

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Anyways I’ve been getting really into this lately but I’m kind of alarmed by the white guy rapper trend. Also the whole audience is white? Seems like he’s just appropriating culture but im open to goon opinions…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vi3nIqUhfY

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This conversation has gotten Power stuck in my head so congrats on that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Every once in a while I'll get Ignition (Remix) stuck in my head before remembering what R Kelly is up to these days

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

good call, I’m listening to it right now. this song owns

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://youtu.be/mn77gzjBl1U

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Farm Frenzy posted:

lol

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
As a person with ears I’m offended by Kanye loving sucking. Oh wow his lyrics rhyme! Such vision! His “music” is so low effort that elementary school students have made more complicated beats and tunes. He sings everything with auto tune for christsakes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Kanye's also always been an edgelord. Between his mental illness, being an edgelord, and now a divorced dad the possibilities are endless.

I was disappointed that Kim and Kanye wasn't The Great Divorce Of Our Time but he's making up for it by getting Extremely Divorced apparently

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Remember when his mom died and goons in GBS were glad because he "stole" a Daft Punk song

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

elvis stole his music from black people who stole it from gay french robots

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Isn’t daft punks whole thing that they just take other peoples sounds and stitch them together in weird ways? Like it’s their gimmick? or am I thinking of someone else?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

daft punk did invent sampling yes

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

galagazombie posted:

Isn’t daft punks whole thing that they just take other peoples sounds and stitch them together in weird ways? Like it’s their gimmick? or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah he sampled a sample and it’s extra funny because kanye used the whole ray charles thing on his first #1, but the bangalter boys were a bridge too far

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Kanye West is a fake Weeb

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheSlutPit posted:

40 y/o goon considering “getting into” Kanye for the first time, but concerned about the politics implications of listening to a maga guy who says the n-word a lot. ftw.
well he's not like the other rappers, he's an artist

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
my dislike of kanye west is proportional to his fame and the extent to which he's puffed as a world-spanning god being. i'm not a music critic, and i'm sure he's got some good ditties, but sometimes the guy who everyone says is great actually sucks chode

if only to knock him down a peg

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

galagazombie posted:

As a person with ears I’m offended by Kanye loving sucking. Oh wow his lyrics rhyme! Such vision! His “music” is so low effort that elementary school students have made more complicated beats and tunes. He sings everything with auto tune for christsakes.
listen, people just gotta exercise some nietzchean will to power, and identify "i like it" with "it rocks," and "i don't like it" with "it sucks." while these may seem like subjective whims, after awhile they take on the status of ironclad objective truths

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i say swears online posted:

speaking of the dumbass beer run movie, did anyone watch Da 5 Bloods?

I, a clueless idiot, kept wondering why Chadwick Boseman would cut so much weight for such an unworthy movie

then the other shoe dropped a couple months later when the dude died

:pressf:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

listen, people just gotta exercise some nietzchean will to power, and identify "i like it" with "it rocks," and "i don't like it" with "it sucks." while these may seem like subjective whims, after awhile they take on the status of ironclad objective truths

galagazombie posted:

😂😂😂

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

elvis stole his music from black people who stole it from gay french robots

the baz luhrman movie made it clear that elvis did not steal his music from black people, colonel tom parker stole black people's music from elvis, who was the first white black guy

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
got me feelin like the white elvis

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

galagazombie posted:

Sampling isn't theft, but, it can be theft if you're fuckin lazy about it

Like that Fall Out Boy song that just used the unedited Munsters theme as its bridge

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
dont care

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

loquacius posted:

Sampling isn't theft, but, it can be theft if you're fuckin lazy about it

Like that Fall Out Boy song that just used the unedited Munsters theme as its bridge

like the...what?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Dumpmaster General posted:

like the...what?

https://youtu.be/CBswx7GEARc

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Did you think that was an anti-sampling post lol

Fuckin Internet

Adbot