Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Burrow looks bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

TheBizzness posted:

Burrow looks bad.

The appendix is where quarterbacks store the X factor they need to be good.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Zwabu posted:

Are the Cowboys Giants and Vikings actually good?

Cowboys have a good D and aren't relying on their QB to make something out of nothing. They've also not played a super strong schedule so far.

Vikings have a good O but have also not had the hardest schedule so far.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Zurreco posted:

Cowboys have a good D and aren't relying on their QB to make something out of nothing. They've also not played a super strong schedule so far.

Vikings have a good O but have also not had the hardest schedule so far.

If every team is bad then no schedule is hard

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

If every team is bad then no schedule is hard

Or all schedules are hard because all teams are bad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bengals are loaded but I can’t tell if Burrow is shaking off the injury still. Gotta believe he’ll be back to that earlier form

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Zwabu posted:

Vikings have some great players and KOC seems like a good coach but the defensive scheme is horrible and they will get especially humiliated by any QB who can run. They're also still somehow playing down to opponents they should be blowing out, which a lot of us hoped they would stop doing with Zimmer gone. It's not unlikely that they'll win the division but unless they figure some things out they're absolutely not going to threaten anyone in the playoffs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

theseason begins sunday, october 16th, at 1:00pm down in new orleans

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Andy dalton?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

That game was ugly but satisfying.

Ravens offense without Bateman is basically just Lamar and Andrews, hope he isn't out for long

e: eh that's unfair to Duv but they still really need Bateman back

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kawalimus is going to be confused when he awakens.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Bungled.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1579310646541242368?t=MN4rPwUqy8QwQxY3uZNn4Q&s=19

:laffo:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar Jackson plays awful and gets carried to victory by...the Patrick Queen led Ravens defense?

That is a strange outcome.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Harbaugh is so loving tired of making 4th-and-short calls and you can see it all over his face

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My god.

That was literally perfectly down the middle.

https://twitter.com/StatsbyLopez/status/1579311461406769152?s=20&t=JdveqNsSso_x6MOQuRWSDA

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

He's a system kicker. He said so himself.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A major downside of this win is Jerry from Dundalk is going to feel mighty good about screaming take the points at his wife and dog.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

A major downside of this win is Jerry from Dundalk is going to feel mighty good about screaming take the points at his wife and dog.

Justin Tucker is my favorite robot.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Quote is still not edit.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Add "gradually narrowing the uprights for kickers" as a Pro Bowl competition. Let's see how far the robot can go.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Matt Ryan from the Lakers

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’ll take 3 straight wins heading into the bye week for the Titans, but drat the team is mostly rear end and painful to watch

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
4th & Goal at PIT 2
(1:56 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Burrow pass incomplete short left to J.Chase (C.Sutton). PENALTY on CIN-J.Chase, Taunting, 15 yards, enforced between downs.

No turnover on downs at Dallas, good job.

4th & 1 at NYJ 19
(4:16 - 3rd) J.Chase right end pushed ob at NYJ 20 for -1 yards (A.Gardner).

4th & 1 at MIA 24
(10:45 - 2nd) H.Adeniji reported in as eligible. J.Mixon right end to MIA 24 for no gain (E.Rowe; J.Holland).

4th & 2 at BAL 2
(2:48 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Burrow pass incomplete short middle to S.Morgan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Andrew_G...eld-goal-losses

SROP

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Is there anyone close to being as good as Tucker?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I’ll take 3 straight wins heading into the bye week for the Titans, but drat the team is mostly rear end and painful to watch

looking good is overrated, making the playoffs somehow is the only important thing

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Gun to your head you probably wouldn't want anyone else kicking to save your life.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Shinji2015 posted:

No.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Shinji2015 posted:

A bunch of people will say Vineteri but they are dumb.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

Big Tebow energy coming from Daniel Jones.

The way things are going I can absolutely see them making the playoffs and upsetting someone in the wild card before getting nuked from orbit by Philly. A la the game when the Pats basically stomped Tebow out of the league. So this checks out.

I was going to say “by one of the actual good NFC teams” but uh I couldn’t confidently name one besides Philly.

Freaquency posted:

Harbaugh is so loving tired of making 4th-and-short calls and you can see it all over his face

After he opted to take the short field goal to go up 6 they spent a lot of time showing him on the sideline and he legit looked on the verge of tears

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

so i go to a party and i got my choice of coke or pepsi. this isn't right. i want a boku. a seven fruit blend boku. you know, all this carbonation is very unsettling. i don't wanna belch anymore. belching is for babies. i mean it's my undeniable right as a man of the 90s to quench my thirst in my own way. i want a boku. i've had it. people invite me to a party? i'm bringing my own boku

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1579317429792305153

:negative:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

BlindSite posted:

Gun to your head you probably wouldn't want anyone else kicking to save your life.

*a Merry Man sprints into camp & collapses*

*Little John Harbaugh and Will Scarlet rush to his side*

Man: "*gasp*...the Sheriff captured Sir Raven of Loxley...found guilty...ordered immediately hung!!"

John: "We've not enough time to storm the gallows..."

Will: "Might we cut the rope in twain with a volley of arrows?"

John: "We're as likely to kill him ourselves with such a scattershot approach. No, there is only one reliable option - Friar Tucker, deploy your leg of divinity!"

*Tucker unleashes a thunderous kick, sending a pigskin soaring over the parapets and crashing through the gallows' supports, causing it and Raven to fall to the ground*

Will: "gently caress me....he cleared it!"

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

lmao

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Shinji2015 posted:

they really should try incorporating him into the passing offense

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Eagles are 5-0?!?!?!?!

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Zwabu posted:

the vikings are specifically adjusting to a 3-4 after having been a 4-3 defense since approximately the carter administration

optimistically they'll grow in to that

the offense is good as long as kirk is going zero dark lebron mode

also apparently the vikings are the first team to win a game in london and then win their next game back in the states???

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Vikings should throw to that Justin Jefferson dude more often

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Looks like we won. That's a huge win, especially for a team that often struggles to win divisional games against the non-Browns teams when they are competitive. And with the Bengals having two divisional losses and the Steelers being not good, that gives the Ravens the inside track here. The Browns who knows what will happen with them but we don't have to worry about that right now.

That however is really the only positive. What a rotten game it looks like it was. Sloppy, bad offense. Lamar looking like the guy I was thinking about most of the offseason rather than the guy we saw the first month of this one. I don't know what to say about that. That makes it tougher and tougher to know what to do. I know he's not worth 300 million but some team is going to pay him that because they think they can do more with him than we can. And they're probably right. I don't know how he can look unbeatable one game and a complete bumbler the next. I guess that happens to all players but it's a certain kind of extreme with Lamar that I don't know that I've ever seen.

Other things I noticed:

I was worried when Stanley came out but glad it was just the Ravens being careful with him. I give the team tons of crap but I am glad they are letting Stanley be careful about this.

Duvernay is a good player and asset to the offense. People have been saying for years we should get more out of this guy and now we did because we didn't have other options. I hate this team's mindset toward receivers

Marcus Williams injury...ugh. At least it's not some stupid leg explosion type injury.

Pass rush looked solid for the half I watched. You can say it's against the Bengals but their line was abysmal last year and we couldn't do squat!

edit: Can't forget Tucker. Man that 4th quarter and game-winning streak he has is nuts. Considering it even includes a record-setting kick. Still he did miss that PAT against the Saints in 2018 at the end of the game that lost it.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 10, 2022

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

It doesn't change anything and they absolutely should pay Lamar, but I enjoyed the lengthy monologue about his contract and the close up of the novelty blank cheque in the stands, right as he threw an interception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Nintendo 49ers posted:

It doesn't change anything and they absolutely should pay Lamar, but I enjoyed the lengthy monologue about his contract and the close up of the novelty blank cheque in the stands, right as he threw an interception.

The problem is he makes at least two absolutely abysmal plays every game, even when he's doing well. Like bafflingly bad plays, that often cost us. And the team needs to figure this out. A lot of it is on Lamar but some of this is on the coaches. The Ravens really are a team that historically refuses to build an offense around its strengths. Look at Hollywood Brown. Here he seems so underachieving..but now he's in Arizona and is a top 10 receiver this year and that's with another inconsistent but talented QB. Those advanced stats posted recently showed that the Ravens were constantly misusing Brown, especially on those WR screens that always got blown up. And sure enough, you go to an offense that will cater more to the talent on the field? He looks a lot better in EVERY way and even has way fewer drops and will make more catches in traffic. When you treat players like garbage they often become garbage.

Duvernay toils here for two years until injury forces us to use him and look at that! All year last year we were struggling to find runners. So why the HELL DIDNT WE TRY TO USE HIM TO THAT END THEN???? A player you can sometimes just get the ball to and let them make something happen. Again people have been saying he's got a similar skillset to Deebo Samuel so why does this team just not do it?? What is the holdup here?

I just looked and Duvernay played in 16 games last year and got 7 rushes the entire season

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 10, 2022