Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Invisible Clergy posted:

Amazing how these people never seem to exclusively eat healthy food, isn't it?

"these people" being children with eating disorders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA For wanting my son to be treated equally and able to enjoy family meals with cousins?

Anywho

Absolutely the rear end in a top hat.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

AmiYumi posted:

There is no way to explain this to children that age that won’t sound like “he’s special and gets to eat whatever he wants, unlike you losers”; this is fundamentally not going to work.

So let the kids eat fast food once a month

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Invisible Clergy posted:

Dude this isn't picky eating, it's a mental disorder/eating disorder. Of course it's unhealthy, he's in treatment.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah your kids aren’t gonna melt from having fast food once a month. It’s literally cheap food so it’s not like it will impact your wallet either

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s not too surprising that disordered eaters would focus on food that a global industry has put billions of dollars of research into making tasty and with a pleasant texture

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Invisible Clergy posted:

Do you also tell anorexics they just need to eat a sandwich? It’s a serious eating disorder and kids will starve themselves into hospital if not given food they can tolerate. And it’s almost like fast food is the most addictive food on the planet and has an incredibly standardised flavour to help get something around that aversion short-term.

TinyPairOfScissors
Oct 7, 2022

by Hand Knit
Yeah fast food garbage is designed to be identical every time you have it, of course that's what the kid is going to go for.

That doesn't make it a good idea to try to explain to the other kids that he's special and gets to eat junk food while they don't get to, that would never work out lol

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

They should probably just meet at McDonald's because I feel like him getting grilled about eating something different might set back his recovery. Once a month isn't crazy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though the internet gets extremely weird about fast food so it’s probably not the best place to go for advice involving that

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
In the comments, OP clarifies he also eats other foods you'd expect including mac and cheese or cheese pizza. Perhaps an italian restaurant would be a good middle ground.

AITA for not tipping?

quote:

Info: I’m British, in England we don’t tip and if we do tip we do it since it was great business or the staff were great!

I was visiting Texas since my uncle who lives there and he needed some help on stuff and would like too see my family.

Story: I decided to go to a restaurant since I didn’t know where a shop was and me + uncle + aunt + wife weren’t in the mood for cooking.

We saw this restaurant that had good reviews and we decided to go there I got a table and we sat down, when it came to our waiter they on the instant decided to joke about my accent and how I sound and saying stuff like “would you like a cuppa tea” I was asking them to not do that and how I would just like a water, i got my water and in a mocking British accent they said “here you go love!” I asked them to stop and how it’s annoying, they stopped and I ordered my food, I was going to the bathroom and overheard the waiter mocking me to her friend “can you stop saying that” I just went to the bathroom when I got back the waiter was doing food, i ordered my food and then got the bill at the end, i signed and then placed the money when it came to the tip I wrote 0% and gave the bill to the waiter when she freaked out and said how “her and her children will starve” I said bad tips are for bad people and requested her manager by then the whole place was looking seeing what was going on, she got her manager and I said how the waiter was mocking me and how I told her to stop but she refused. I got and we left I left a review on they’re page saying how the waiter was rude and was mocking me, I’m pretty sure I got her fired because I saw a review later saying how she got ‘wrongly’ fired.

So AITA for not leaving a tip?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Invisible Clergy posted:

In the comments, OP clarifies he also eats other foods you'd expect including mac and cheese or cheese pizza. Perhaps an italian restaurant would be a good middle ground.
Oh, maybe bring some mac and cheese or pizza back from a place and see if he likes it, and if so they can go.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not tipping?

Seems like a case of a guy taking reasonable actions that result in an unreasonable punishment for the waiter because our society is terrible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

PetraCore posted:

Oh, maybe bring some mac and cheese or pizza back from a place and see if he likes it, and if so they can go.

I don’t get what that changes, it’s still junk food. You will probably pay more so it’s a harder sell

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
In the comments it’s revealed that the mum has 9 kids, has mentioned no other family going, the SIL has turned him hosting down repeatedly because she likes to cook for them, and the general subtext that this is more of an immediate family mum and the kids dinner that he’s trying to muscle his own kid into to meet his cousins.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t think you can say muscle to describe hanging out with a dudes own cousins occasionally, lol

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think you can say muscle to describe hanging out with a dudes own cousins occasionally, lol

Eh, comments say this is not his first attempt and he’s not taking a no for an answer, hence the “muscle.”

quote:

The only “resturant” he’ll eat at is mcdonalds, and I have offered to host many a time. She turns us down.

quote:

We have in the past - when our son could no longer attend we offered to host them here so he’d be more comfortable but we were always turned down.

We also have a very tiny house (two bed, not even a dining room) and she has nine children, so space was an issue, too.

quote:

My son is disabled. ARFID disables him - this isn’t poor parenting, its a medical condition. Its also comorbid with autism, which is definitely a disability.

Its only been four years since the last family meal, but we have steadily offered to host at our house. The only time we stopped was during 2020 for obvious reasons. They continually turned us down.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for saying my wife's sister is my type?

quote:

My wife has a twin sister, identical.

I did not know this when we started dating but she brought it up fairly soon after. I thought it was cool in a "Oh that is interesting" way but didn't think much of it.

We ended up getting married but I didn't see my sister in law often, because since we started dating she lived on another continent.

Now she is moving back and when we were talking to a friend the friend said "Oh no, now you have to worry about getting twin tricked!"

My wife then said "Sister isn't his type anyways." I confirmed. Friend said "wait doesn't that mean you (wife) are not his type?" They both stared at me. I felt put on the spot. I said "Wife is absolutely my type." Friend pressed so I said "I mean in a vaccuum obviously (twin) might physically be my type (because she looks just like my wife!) But emotionally and mentally not at all.

They both called me an rear end in a top hat and a creep. I feel like I was set up.

Update:

Hey everyone. First sorry about the spelling I was exhausted and uncomfortable on the couch when first posting and English is not my first language. I think I fixed the major problems.

I showed this to my wife and she demanded I add that she has light red (strawberry blonde) natural hair and her sister has dark red hair which is dyed so I could have said natural women were more my type.

Anyways I’m still in trouble but thanks for all the comments and support.
An odd one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for saying my wife's sister is my type?

An odd one.

I hate poo poo stirrers like that, but especially when people go along with it for an obvious no-win setup. You're not in a courtroom, you can just say "stop being a frickin weirdo about our relationship".

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if your partner ever asks you if you think someone else is hot, always say yes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

blatman posted:

if your partner ever asks you if you think someone else is hot, always say yes

I swear there was a story posted here where the guy said no and after a couple times his partner started mocking him saying he was gay

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for refusing to "accommodate" my FIL and Bil?

quote:

throwaway because my BIL uses reddit.

I (27m) have been married to my wife (26f) for about 6 months and have been with her for five years. We have a nice family celebration type thing now for Canadian thanksgiving on the 15th, usually my family can't make is the actual day so we've been celebrating a few days before or after since I was a kid.

Now that we're married my parents agreed to let my MIL, FIL and BIL come to thanksgiving to welcome them to the family.

Now in my family everyone cooks unless they physically can't or are too old. Even the kids help out and it's great family bonding as people all make one dish in a small randomly picked group. My wife grew up differently, it was always her and her mom cooking while FIL and BIL watched tv and did nothing. Cooking together is very important to my family and for every holiday meal we all cook and clean up because no one likes doing all the cooking and cleaning.

My FIL found that out and pretty much said "good for them" and he and BIL assumed that they wouldn't need to do anything. I corrected them very politely saying that as they're family they'll help cook, they don't need to do anything hard. They could do dishes while everyone else cooked, make something simple like mashed potatoes. Even just go on last minute grocery runs for everyone else.

FIL and BIL flipped their poo poo, saying all sorts of horrible things included a bunch of sexist "women belong in the kitchen" poo poo. What made it worse was when FIL turned to MIL and expected her to agree with him. She didn't and said that it sounds like a great way to get to know everyone and merge our families.

Now BIL and FIL are getting their family to bombard me, my wife and MIL with texts, calls, anything they can think of telling us how horrible we are for not "accommodating" FIL and BIL.

AITA for expecting them to join in on the cooking with my family?

I'm sorry, I'm disabled and need an accommodation. What's your disability? I'm a man-child.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Hughlander posted:

AITA for refusing to "accommodate" my FIL and Bil?

I'm sorry, I'm disabled and need an accommodation. What's your disability? I'm a man-child.

i know what they can get FIL and BIL for christmas:

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My (m35) wife (f37) told me this morning that she wants a divorce after yesterdays threeway

quote:

My wife and I had a threeway yesterday with a woman that I know. It was terrible to tell you the truth. My wife was so awkward and she refused to take off her night gown amongst other things. She never looked at me once and refused to let me touch or kiss her. The girl (f29) we had was more relaxed and she tried to make my wife get comfortable. My wife was more receptive to her advances than to me. She just shut me out completely. I only thought it was because it was my wifes first time and that she was awkward. She is a very shy person. Anyway halfway she just took a more passive role and even didnt let the girl touch her.

This morning she told me that the marriage was over and that she wanted a divorce. I asked her if it was because of yesterday and she said yes. I asked her why she didnt tell me that she didnt want the threeway if she hated it so much that its ending our marriage. She said our marriage ended the day I suggested the threeway and that she just wanted to see if it was worth breaking her heart and and said I hope it was worth it.

Of course it wasnt worth it. I would have forgot all about it had she said she didnt want it. She did say that she wasnt into having other people when I first suggested it and I respected that but then she changed her mind and agreed.

My wife and my family are way more important to me than any threeway. If she didnt want it I would have never brought it up again. I feel played. What do you loving say to a woman like this? I loving love her and I dont want to live without her but she has asked me to move out tomorrow.

Ps: thank you for sending me my wifes posts.

One reads:

The moment my husband suggested a FMF the marriage was over in my heart. Am I overreacting?

The other reads:

The FMF is happening on Saturday. Afterwards I’m serving my husband the divorce papers.

I dont know how to include the posts. But I have read them. I and I alone have ruined my life. I broke my wifes heart.

Bye.

The FMF is happening on Saturday (or Saturday next). Afterwards I’m serving my husband the divorce papers

quote:

I made a thrwaway yesterday on this sub about my husband asking me for a threesome with a woman and how it ended my marriage in my heart. I have had mixed reactions about it and many advised me to tell him how I felt. Communicate communicate communicate, well that’s what I’ve been doing since last night.

I found out that the woman he had in mind is an ex coworker. An outspoken poly who kept being friends with her coworkers from her old job, my husband included. He showed me all his DMs with her. Both in the group chat and private. There’s no affair between them but she’s the one who showed interest in 3way with my husband and I because having sex with couples turns her on and she thought that we’re hot.

I don’t think that there’s emotions involved, like at all. This girl wants a poly boyfriend and my husband only wants to “spice things up”.

Anyway, I’m leaving my husband because I can’t control my feelings. He broke me. I’m certainly still not communicating my feelings properly to him, but I’m probably just wired this way. When someone hurts me I just shut down and shut them out. (What my best friend said I did anyway). I have contacted a lawyer. And I have a meeting tomorrow to go through the process and details.

Now for the FMF. I’m going to say yes. Mostly because I’m so curious to see what the fuss is all about. Reading the comments yesterday, you guys made it sound like its what every man dreams of. I’m intrigued. I want to see the reason my marriage is over. Does this make sense? I want to know if it’s worth ruining my heart. Another thing is that I want to do something nice for him before leaving since he’s so excited. My way of saying goodbye.

I told him I’m game. And that I wanted it to be over with this weekend. He got excited and tried to kiss me. Forget loving it! He didn’t notice I avoided his touch. We spoke to the girl. She thought Saturday is too soon. If we’re both first timers maybe we needed to meet her first etc. Shes a pro, I give her that. So we’re meeting for drinks on Saturday. lets not label it! she said, lets just meet and see how it goes from there. As I said, pro!

I know this will piss you off probably. But I promised an update so here you go. Please don’t hate me too much.

Oh and we are mid 30 and the girl is early 30 I think. If I sound childish it’s probably a mixture of language barrier but also childishness.

Good night. This is also a thrwaway.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Evil Willow posted:

My (m35) wife (f37) told me this morning that she wants a divorce after yesterdays threeway

The FMF is happening on Saturday (or Saturday next). Afterwards I’m serving my husband the divorce papers

This is just depressing. :smith:

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

yeah :smith: that was sad as hell

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I do think that marriage was probably doomed if she can't even just say "No, and it hurts me that you asked" and had to go straight for the nuclear option. Especially going through with the threesome is really troubling. I hope she gets therapy.

On the other hand, he should definitely have known his wife well enough to know this was not a good idea.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
It was sad but why didn’t she just say no, that she was uncomfortable with the situation, or that she was hurt by him talking about this with another woman? Her ex is still a complete poo poo for what he did but she said she was game for it and then hangs around for what exactly?

I get that she shuts down when hurt but just before that she starts going on about communicating and then does the exact opposite by not saying anything (and had already decided on divorce).

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
yea she's pretty clearly got some poo poo going on if 'shut down and sever' is her default reaction to being hurt but it feels like if your spouse is the type to react like that, fully knowing she reacts like that and not knowing why (seemingly), you probably should know not to go 'hey my poly coworker thinks it'd be hot to gently caress us and I'm open, you in?'

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
It sounds like they are both doing themselves a favor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That lady is a payload of crazy and her husband is dumb for sticking with a person who by their own admission never vocalizes issues, lies, and goes straight nuclear.

Good thing they're divorcing

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dumpmaster General posted:

yea she's pretty clearly got some poo poo going on if 'shut down and sever' is her default reaction to being hurt but it feels like if your spouse is the type to react like that, fully knowing she reacts like that and not knowing why (seemingly), you probably should know not to go 'hey my poly coworker thinks it'd be hot to gently caress us and I'm open, you in?'

Not only "shut down and sever", but "shut down, string him along for a while not communicating and then sever at the moment specifically designed to hurt him the most".

Coz this bloke, (stupid and oblivious though he may be), did the right thing. He was offered a threesome by a horny ex-coworker. So he asked his wife, to check it was cool and not surprise thrust something she was not into on to her. Laid all the cards on the table, showed that he was asked, and he was not the sexual aggressor. Got the green light, so he went "cool, this should be fun" and went about his business.

To be fair to her, she seems like she has major issues either around intimacy, monogamy, or possessiveness, that if you are married to someone for several years should be known. So to her, it was a huge betrayal. But to her husband, he was offered a threesome, tried to do the right thing by asking and being honest about it, then gets punished for it.

And, as has been said, it would have all been avoided if she had said "No. And I'm hurt that you even asked." Coz dumb oaf of husband probably would have apologized, and the threesome wouldn't have happened.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BrigadierSensible posted:

Not only "shut down and sever", but "shut down, string him along for a while not communicating and then sever at the moment specifically designed to hurt him the most".

Coz this bloke, (stupid and oblivious though he may be), did the right thing. He was offered a threesome by a horny ex-coworker. So he asked his wife, to check it was cool and not surprise thrust something she was not into on to her. Laid all the cards on the table, showed that he was asked, and he was not the sexual aggressor. Got the green light, so he went "cool, this should be fun" and went about his business.

To be fair to her, she seems like she has major issues either around intimacy, monogamy, or possessiveness, that if you are married to someone for several years should be known. So to her, it was a huge betrayal. But to her husband, he was offered a threesome, tried to do the right thing by asking and being honest about it, then gets punished for it.

And, as has been said, it would have all been avoided if she had said "No. And I'm hurt that you even asked." Coz dumb oaf of husband probably would have apologized, and the threesome wouldn't have happened.

I am sympathetic to her just feeling like she will never be able to trust that he's actually fine with her having said "no". But the next step should have been to file the divorce, not go through the threesome pretending she was fine with it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not tipping?

This is made up by a dumbshit 13 year old.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Barudak posted:

That lady is a payload of crazy and her husband is dumb for sticking with a person who by their own admission never vocalizes issues, lies, and goes straight nuclear.

Good thing they're divorcing

i'm wondering if he's dumb for sticking with someone who never vocalizes issues, or if he's dumb because he just never picked up on it before because its never vocalized

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Communication is important and she should have been completely up front with him to begin with. It still sucks for both of them though. :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Like I'm trying to scrap my head around this, but assuming you love your partner, and assuming you guys are both on with a threesome, wouldn't you notice if they're not feeling comfortable with it? And wouldn't that make you want to put a stop to everything?

Oh cool my wife said yes the threesome, but now that the other woman's here, my wife doesn't want to kiss me or want me to touch her, oh well I'm going to make the most of this and bang this other woman!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for not backing up for my family after my wife giggled at their news

quote:

I 27m have a beautiful wife Amara 26f

Anyway onto the situation that happened a week ago

When i was 17 I had a girlfriend who cheated on me for my brother, we were together since kindergarten even though our relationship was fake in elementary school and middle school we decided to make it official in high school but after a year of making it official my brother tells me that she and him we’re seeing each other behind my back

I was extremely hurt especially since my parents knew but they thought the relationship was still a playful one even though I told them the news first

After that I decided to just focus on school and move out of my parents house especially since they didn’t have the decency to at least be romantically involved in private, she still tried to apologize and ask if we could be friends but I just ignored her

After I graduated I moved to Texas at age 19 and only contacted my family on holidays, after two years of being there I met Amara at a bakery her mother owned and we became friends first due to us both having trust issues but we made it official a year after meeting

The relationship was great, I loved her family and they loved me the wedding was absolutely wonderful even though my parents and brother didn’t come even though I sent an invitation and called them the day before and I realized that if my wife were ever in an argument with someone even if she was wrong I’d always have her back

Now a week ago my mother called me to ask if we could talk, she was on speaker since Amara and I were cooking, she knows about what my family has done and how they backed up my brother so I didn’t mind putting the phone on speaker since the only conversations I have with my family is about my brother

Well my mom goes on to tell me how my brother and ex are getting married and he wants me to be his best man, it was silent for a bit and Amara burst out with giggle and I joined in after her

My mom hung up and I didn’t bother calling her back and enjoyed my night with my wife

The next morning I was bombarded with angry text from my brother and dad on how I hurt my mothers feeling and made her cry by not telling my wife to not laugh

I don’t think I did anything wrong I technically didn’t do anything but I can somewhat say that it was childish but it was a spur of the moment

So AITA for not backing up my mom

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SiKboy posted:

"these people" being children with eating disorders?

The funny thing about the post that you're responding to is that I have a kid with a mild sensory issue that resulted in him really liking vegetables but really disliking most fruit. It was always really funny picking him up from preschool and we'd ask him what he wants for dinner and he'd be like "I WANT CARROTS AND BROCCOLI MOMMY" and other adults within earshot would be like "wtf" :shrug:

IIRC the thing about ARFID is that its a diagnosis that is paired with significant nutritional deficiency resulting from refusing to eat non-preferred foods, which goes way beyond mere pickiness. Auntie's meat loaf might not cut it and that's not the kid's fault, but auntie is also correct that the other kids are going to see french fries on the table and go loving nuts. It'd be great if she could accept a compromise where maybe they have a junk food night once a month so that the relative with a diagnosed medical condition can join them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not backing up for my family after my wife giggled at their news

A good opportunity to back up a solid "lmao, no" with derisive laughter