Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mean I think he's a shitter and probably did it based on all the stories surrounding him, but it likely is an anonymous or pseudonym account. The account was made less than a month ago, with only that tweet, and the name might as well be Jane Doe. Which makes sense! I'm sure she is facing threats and harassment and I wouldn't want to use my real name either.

Yes, and the original tweet (long text) says: "I have decided to speak out anonymously because sadly I feel that this is the only way I can be fully transparent without harassment and retaliation."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Whatever happened with the Willie Mitchell thing? They're still investigating that?

the rumor is that everything went dark because the victim is a minor

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

there's a sealed case before the courts whose timing matches the mitchell incident

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Sammy blais already injured lol

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Levitate posted:

Sammy blais already injured lol

Tired of these soft Russians, we need a guy who has given and taken so many hits that his bones are dust at 26.

Silver lining- looks like Kakko and Kravstov are starting in the top-6. Let’s hope they lock those spots down.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

WeaponX posted:

Tired of these soft Russians, we need a guy who has given and taken so many hits that his bones are dust at 26.

Silver lining- looks like Kakko and Kravstov are starting in the top-6. Let’s hope they lock those spots down.

Kakko looked good on the top line and it’s obvious he’s a big possession driver as that line got better and the Chytil line got worse when he was moved up

It’s been about whether he can turn that into points so hopefully this season he can do that

If kravtsov/blais struggle on the second line I hope they flip Laf up there

Reallly though Kravtsov having a good game and sticking would be ideal as well

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hockey writers try to will so much stupid poo poo into existence but god drat

ESPN posted:

X factor: Mullett Arena and what it offers as a new venue could ultimately be the answer. There is also a case to be made for Lawson Crouse. He went from a forward who could score between 10 and 15 goals per season to having a 20-goal season and 34 points in 65 games in 2021-22. It led to Crouse, who went 11th in the 2015 draft, signing a five-year extension worth $4.3 million annually. How he continues to build upon last season could give the Coyotes more optimism about their future.

Bold prediction: The ASU experience turns the Coyotes into "faces."

absolutely nobody believes this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/oilers-acquire-klim-kostin-from-blues-for-dmitri-samorukov/sn-amp/

Klim Kostin headed to Edmonton

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Ottawa signed Brassard to a one year deal

https://www.tsn.ca/derick-brassard-ottawa-senators-one-year-contract-1.1860381

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DJExile posted:

Hockey writers try to will so much stupid poo poo into existence but god drat

absolutely nobody believes this

I think NHL games in a college barn has the potential to be a good experience, moreso for fans than players, but maybe both. We won't really know until they start playing games in it. Obviously it's not ideal, and because it's the Coyotes there's a good chance it won't work out, but I also don't think the possibility is outlandish. I don't really understand why people get so worked up over an arena.

PS: I don't mean you, specifically. It's just sentiment I see all over the place and your post is conveniently right here.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 10, 2022

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/ericengels/status/1579491926302412800?s=46&t=OdnvlmNNwYiqWtps1fnO9g

Time to ruin another high draft pick!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think NHL games in a college barn has the potential to be a good experience, moreso for fans than players, but maybe both. We won't really know until they start playing games in it. Obviously it's not ideal, and because it's the Coyotes there's a good chance it won't work out, but I also don't think the possibility is outlandish. I don't really understand why people get so worked up over an arena.

PS: I don't mean you, specifically. It's just sentiment I see all over the place and your post is conveniently right here.

the novelty of that is going to wear off in a heartbeat, especially after the 3rd or 4th 7-1 loss and there's nobody attending aside from traveling away fans and a couple drunk frat boys that just wandered in

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think it sucks rear end for the players but I think it could be fun as hell for fans to see pro games in a venue like that. Too bad nobody wants to pay $200/seat to see a bottom feeder so they're still not going to be able to sell out a 5,000 seat stadium.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I think it sucks rear end for the players but I think it could be fun as hell for fans to see pro games in a venue like that. Too bad nobody wants to pay $200/seat to see a bottom feeder so they're still not going to be able to sell out a 5,000 seat stadium.

That’s a great thing to do in preseason. Get some NHL adjacent games going in small buildings and get the tickets to the local hockey fans there.

But it’s not going to be great for 41 games in a season. They should be charging the appropriate prices of $50 a seat too like you’d get for a lower level game too. Because that’s what it is. A lower level experience.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Perfect example of a guy who the Blues took a flyer on with a late first round pick who has the tools but zero on-ice awareness and ability to harness those tools into something useful

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

They are on the road from November 5th through December 7th, for 14 straight games and never have more than a 3 game home stand until after the Arizona State regular season is done. An NHL franchise literally got big-timed by a college team that doesn't even have a conference. There is absolutely no way this place has a full house after their home opener weekend.

E: lol

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1579532253713289222]

4 bucks, that's beautiful

DJExile fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 10, 2022

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahahahaha loving WHAT

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/flyers-partner-with-alum-ville-leino-for-exclusive-apparel-collection/c-336227948

Flyera hockey is loving BACK, baby

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

The cost per ticket in AZ flipped my wig man if youre in Fort Mac or some fuckin thing why pay $200 to go to fuckin boring rear end Phoenix when you could spend that or less and go to Vegas

Like it would be cool to go see a team in a little rear end stupid barn like that. I'd pay almost $40 for that experience

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The actual clothes are disappointingly boring, not even a frowny face

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Billebeino is such a tremendously stupid brand name (Billabong parody) that it should've died long ago. But hey, I'm glad he's doing well.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Hopping into the thread to say loving Habs Jesus tap-dancing Christ

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1579533097443667968

I know they're tanking but wtf?

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Mike_V posted:

Perfect example of a guy who the Blues took a flyer on with a late first round pick who has the tools but zero on-ice awareness and ability to harness those tools into something useful

He seemed to have a lot of promise as a rookie. Wasn't he 18 or 19 in his first year?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mike_V posted:

Makes me wonder why Edmonton didn't sign Brassard, he's probably better than at least a couple Edmonton forwards

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't really understand why people get so worked up over an arena.

On my end, it's cost savings for ownership that (almost certainly) reduces hockey revenues, thus reducing player salaries thanks to the NHL's split and escrow setup. So every owner in the league (and especially the Yotes) saves money as a result of this approach because every player makes less money.

Watching a pro game in an intimate college barn sounds fun and I don't begrudge anyone taking advantage. I sure would! But it's some real shady labor poo poo by ownership.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

On my end, it's cost savings for ownership that (almost certainly) reduces hockey revenues, thus reducing player salaries thanks to the NHL's split and escrow setup. So every owner in the league (and especially the Yotes) saves money as a result of this approach because every player makes less money.

Watching a pro game in an intimate college barn sounds fun and I don't begrudge anyone taking advantage. I sure would! But it's some real shady labor poo poo by ownership.

It also makes the league look second rate. No other league has a team that is in such dire straits this has to be done.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

HE IS TALL.

But seriously, thank you Chicago. Now we just need to ship Hajek to the moon.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Koth posted:

He seemed to have a lot of promise as a rookie. Wasn't he 18 or 19 in his first year?

Honestly, not really. Klim never really clicked at the NHL level.

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Paracaidas posted:

Wasn’t the league going to exclude the Coyotes from HRR calculations during the college arena time? Maybe I just misremembered an article somewhere, couldn’t find anything in a quick search…

E: Bettman says they are already receiving the max, so the loss of revenue won’t change anything. https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/bettman-says-coyotes-asu-plan-acceptable-new-building-gets-commitment/sn-amp/

chaibat fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 10, 2022

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Simmonds responded to Simmons, :drat:

https://twitter.com/simmonds17/status/1579265960263192576?s=46&t=p3_3Hs-UNfH6Fol3yaG-GQ

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > NHL N/V October: Ps this is me being nice!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nemec is on the 23 man roster for NJ. I wonder if they'll actually ease him into the NHL, rotating him with Smith

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Detroit set its roster today and giant on skates soderblom made the team, though edvinsson did not. soderblom is 6'8 245 lbs and has looked good in the preseason, his reach is absolutely ridiculous and he can manhandle folks off the puck with ease.
he'll probably start on the 4th line and get PP2 time.

as for Edvinsson, i think a lot of people expected Seider again, but Seider had a year in the AHL and a year in the SHL before he made the team. i think he'll get a call up at some point. He looked like hes just a half second behind in some pre season games

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fawning deference posted:

Nemec is on the 23 man roster for NJ. I wonder if they'll actually ease him into the NHL, rotating him with Smith

Sucks that Nico is starting on the IR. They can't get Hughes and him to stay healthy together for any period of time.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/canadiensmtl/status/1579577598795186176?s=46&t=p3_3Hs-UNfH6Fol3yaG-GQ

Entering the season with that defense sends a strong message right off the bat to Arizona and Chicago about the Bedard sweepstakes

Trade Chychrun and Patty Kane to stand a chance

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1579544352057348096

Huzzah, VGK is gonna need everyone they can use this season

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/canadiensmtl/status/1579577598795186176?s=46&t=p3_3Hs-UNfH6Fol3yaG-GQ

Entering the season with that defense sends a strong message right off the bat to Arizona and Chicago about the Bedard sweepstakes

Holy poo poo that D is bleak

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Dirty Burger posted:

And no Price between the pipes to make up for the bad D.

Though Chicago and Arizona arent exactly rocking the goalie department either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

clean ayers act posted:

Detroit set its roster today and giant on skates soderblom made the team, though edvinsson did not. soderblom is 6'8 245 lbs and has looked good in the preseason, his reach is absolutely ridiculous and he can manhandle folks off the puck with ease.
he'll probably start on the 4th line and get PP2 time.

as for Edvinsson, i think a lot of people expected Seider again, but Seider had a year in the AHL and a year in the SHL before he made the team. i think he'll get a call up at some point. He looked like hes just a half second behind in some pre season games

Edvinsson looks like he needs a little time adjusting to the North American ice size.