Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Wedge-tailed eagle > all other eagles

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/oct/06/eagle-may-have-brought-down-helicopter-in-nsw-bushland-killing-pilot-report-says

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SuddenCactus posted:

South Australia just got cars and now someones put one up a pole?

We're not very good drivers okay?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

SuddenCactus posted:

South Australia just got cars and now someones put one up a pole?

They hung a wrecked Ford panel can over Port Wakefield Road for years, seems to be a theme.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Outrail posted:

'truck on pole' is like the least quirky thing you could think of. South Australia, what the hell make an effort

Tbf Kieth is more of a petrol station than a town but the name always makes me laugh when I see it on road signs

baaderbrains
Apr 30, 2007

safeguard the children
Car up a pole in Keith was always an essential stop on the Melbourne to Adelaide drive. As was using the bathroom at the morning loaf bakery in Bordertown.

Avoiding either would be like driving to Sydney and not stopping at the Holbrook submarine.

Actually now I think about it I’m unlocking a shitload of childhood memories of family holidays and stopping in random apex/RSL sponsored parks that always had a giant military vehicle stuck up a pole.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A Melbourne Ice Addict Dressed Up as a Cop and 'Raided' Another Drug User's House

Noice

quote:

"This is a police raid,” he screamed as he entered the Lilydale apartment. “Get on the floor face down. Where are your drugs?" Then, thinking the two men were holding something back, Daniel beat one of them with a hammer until they passed out. "We've killed your mate,” he yelled as the man regained consciousness. “Now tell us where the drugs are."

Over the course of the trial, the court heard a series of bizarre and gruelling details from the night, including one moment in which Daniel pulled down the pants of a victim, spread his cheeks, and checked for drugs. Later, after the men had handed over their stash of ice and weed, their attacker beat them with a hammer so badly that when real police officers arrived they thought the two victims were dead. It was only once officers started taking photos of the blood-stained walls and floors that one of the victims moved and police realised they were still alive.

Okay that's not so noice actually

Outrail fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 8, 2022

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
They didn't think to do a check for vitals before photographing the scene?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

sick of Applebees posted:

They didn't think to do a check for vitals before photographing the scene?

Outrail posted:

police officers

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/coder_bec/status/1578614170245025793

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lol

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Inceltown posted:

There are people in barrels in the boot.

:five:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

He's counting the total cars for sale on Carsales, not just rangers.

E: furthermore Carsales costs like $100 to list a car for sale. You'd be better off tracking low value car sales on gumtree or Facebook to get a better understanding.

Carsales also has a bunch of bogus listings that are placeholders for new cars that don't actually list an existing car for sale, just the mode/trim and price with placeholder photos to clog up searches.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 10, 2022

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
That's that best photo of him they had ...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jestery posted:

he has a large head but a small face

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jestery posted:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Looks like a bogan terminator

"I need your shoes, your shirt and your Centrelink payments"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jestery posted:

Looks like a bogan terminator

"I need your thongs, your wife-beater and your Cennobux"

I would also accept Bintang t-shirt as an alternative to the singlet.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Same vibe

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Looks like he just came out of the AVO hearing and it didn't go his way.

"ahhh can't believe she's still pushing this poo poo... sure I touched her up a bit but she's knows I love her"
"fuckin' centrelink are gonna take half me allowance for child support now"

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Seppos hate this one neat trick

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/olgordon/status/1580697472107958275

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

So is it Moonee Lakes now?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

classy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well at least he's honest, I guess... :stonklol:

Edit: Wait, I can tell you exactly where that was taken; That's by the Elizabeth St Maccas in Melbourne. Next to the big Flinders St station crosswalk.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 19, 2022

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Amazing that all it takes to localise that to Melbourne is a Maccas and a sex pest

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sydney trams are red and buses are blue so it's not here. Nowhere else is that big of a city that you'd be able to pack all that into 1 shot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Megabound posted:

Amazing that all it takes to localise that to Melbourne is a Maccas and a sex pest

The poles by the tram at the end of its line plus the 24-hours Maccas sign next to a Hungry Jack's are the tell.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The clothes peg on the flyscreen is the perfect :australia: touch. :discourse:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nice beach you have there, be a shame if someone bombed the poo poo out of it and left UXO there for decades. What I like about this is that decades ago mean that this could have happened post Sydney Olympics and they were still that sloppy about blowing up tourist beaches in the off season.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

#1 baby

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1586265963976134656

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Really wanting a "Jesus upending the tables" moment but it's an RSL and a sledgehammer

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Blow up the what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Megabound posted:

Blow up the what now?

This took 1 post longer to drop than I expected.