Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Crossposting this in the gardening thread because these are my only tomatoes squirrels didn't eat but I made BLTs with Kirkland Signature Thick Cut Bacon, Costco Spring Mix, and Tasso Double Stuffed Garlic Jalapeño Olives on top:

Bread toasted in the rendered bacon fat too. A 10 out of 10 sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone try these pupusas?

We like them a lot, but we also cook them in a skillet instead of microwaving them. Our usual (very much non traditional) method of eating them at home is to put something like carnitas, lettuce, guacamole, and cheese on top, and then pick them up and eat them kind of like an open faced sandwich.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't usually follow this thread, but BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE! Goddamnit!

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't usually follow this thread, but BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE! Goddamnit!

It's gone where you are? I am in Japan and it's still around but slightly compromised. They have a sign posted that says they can't get a reliable supply of mushrooms and that ingredient will have something substituted for it. I think the sub was green bell pepper when I got it. They also still have the onion crank.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

binge crotching posted:

Our usual (very much non traditional) method of eating them at home is to put something like carnitas, lettuce, guacamole, and cheese on top, and then pick them up and eat them kind of like an open faced sandwich.
Congratulations on re-inventing Sopes

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Couldn’t resist and got a second Sherpa blanket specifically for the couch, as well as new pajamas. Coupled with my Costco bathrobe, I am officially The Coziest.

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Faith has been shaken a bit lately, have not seen the Jongga kimchi at my church for the last month and Im not a fan of the other brand they stock. Hopefully this is a temporary issue, consoled myself with a Polish and a poutine in these trying times.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
the 32 degree base layer is about what i expected for the price. I wouldn’t want to rely on the 32degree bases if i was on the trail or exposed to properly sub-freezing temps. Better than nothing, but merino base layers are truly exceptional. The problem is that smartwool is not priced competitively with costco; it’s like $150 for a set of the midrange.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

32 degree clothing? More like low to mid 50s degree clothing.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Anyone have any experience with this cheap-ish landscape lighting kit? https://www.costco.com/energetic-6-piece-led-landscape-lighting-kit.product.100783016.html

I know people like the Volt stuff, but that's WAY more right now...

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Congratulations on re-inventing Sopes

Basically, yeah. Just with a better base than a plain corn tortilla.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Head Bee Guy posted:

the 32 degree base layer is about what i expected for the price. I wouldn’t want to rely on the 32degree bases if i was on the trail or exposed to properly sub-freezing temps. Better than nothing, but merino base layers are truly exceptional. The problem is that smartwool is not priced competitively with costco; it’s like $150 for a set of the midrange.

Yeah it's definitely not something to wear out skiing or something. Wool is king for that. Also wool's moisture wicking abilities are good. The 32 degree stuff is my daily wear when it gets in the low 50s. Then for the next like..... 6 months.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

32 degree stuff is the best cause it's incredibly easy to use as an underlayer

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Head Bee Guy posted:

I have a couple of these and enjoy them. Obviouly merino wool reigns supreme though.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Note: if your Costco credit card has been canceled due to fraud, it will not work at the gas station simply to verify your membership.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

My wife bought both the beer advent calendar and the wine advent calendar today. Bye liver, nice knowing you.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Bye liver, nice knowing you.

Can't take it with you so fuuuuuck it

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Good news Costco does custom hot dog Christmas cards.
https://www.costcophotocenter.com/cards/stationery-cards/Product/DM/HY002387GCCOSUS/FLT57V?category=MerryChristmas

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Head Bee Guy posted:

They have the 100% Merino base layer parts for around $40 Canadian here, cloud veil brand I believe. And the merino blend pieces are around $20.

large hands fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 10, 2022

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

"Have a merry Christmas or I will kill you"

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Just had this for dinner:

19.99 for two half ducks! I crisped the skin up in the cast iron and finished heating it up in the oven, then served it with baby potatoes (also from Costco) that I roasted up with some fresh rosemary from my herb box. It also came with packets of orange sauce, but I’m saving that for some (Costco) salmon later this week. The duck was a little under seasoned but otherwise very nice, would eat again.

E^^ I would totally get those if it weren’t for the ketchup on the back

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Went to church yesterday to restock after clearing the fridge out post-Ian and to sign up for the Costco visa. I decided to go later, around 4pm, to try and dodge the crowds but it was just as packed as ever. I told the customer service guy they should build a second one around here. He informed me that there are not one, but TWO in development, and that my store was the 3rd busiest Costco in the nation (Orlando Millennia)

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No toilet paper 1/10

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
"ok, eggs, milk, pull ups... $50 or less let's goooo"

'Your total was $235"

:shepspends:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Eggs: $10
Milk: $5
10 cases of Pullups for my personal use: $220

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

10 cases of Pullups for my personal use: $220

You back to playing World of Warcraft or something?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

If I can manage to get my spouse and I to get a good photo together before November, I'm planning on these cards this year. I saw them last year a few weeks before Christmas and was very upset that I missed the opportunity to have Costco hotdog themed Christmas cards even though I don't eat hot dogs.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ShowTime posted:

You back to playing World of Warcraft or something?

I registered as a Republican

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Head Bee Guy posted:

I look at it as a base layer for general wearing during winter. Helps keep me warmer but lol I would absolutely not wear those things on the trail

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

No toilet paper 1/10

There was no toilet paper at the time, it’s historically accurate.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Drove past Costco while my car was low on gas and surprisingly the pumps are open before Costco itself is even open! Another Costco miracle!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bought gas this morning, gonna do a quick warehouse run. Want them golden kiwis

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

My wife said no

I need a new wife

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone want 3 pounds of chicken quesadilla

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Renegret posted:

My wife said no

I need a new wife

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

oh hell yes

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone want 3 pounds of chicken quesadilla

The quality isn't amazing, but in terms of quantity of food for the price, it's a good deal.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

We did the shepherds pie last night and tonight and while it wasn’t as good as the meatloaf, it is still a staggering amount of food for like $17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like the shepherds pie.

It's not like, amazing or anything, but it's an easy two dinners that's good enough.