Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

This season is once again reaffirming that the worst thing for UK Football is to be ranked high. Pretty much every time it happens there's a losing streak waiting to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't really know anyone that watches college football, except for some people very into FCS teams, so this is it for me.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
None of the people I work with care about sports except a couple who watch premier league

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction
TFF is always great read even when my posts aren't.

I'll never forget when they mentioned "FireJerryKill.com" on Gameday. It was sublime!

I remember that Wheezy guy who used to post funny stuff and Washington State stuff. I think he died?

Picking thread titles from the latest thread's inside jokes was great fun.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

I don't really know anyone that watches college football, except for some people very into FCS teams, so this is it for me.

I got one co-worker who watches college football. Maybe. Sometimes. When it's Ohio State playing. And barely retains any information from the game up to and including who they actually played. :negative:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Beautiful, thank you.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

The last play call wasn’t great for A&M, but watching it back the TD was there if King threw the ball immediately and didn’t wait for Stewart to turn around. I didn’t realize how much of a windup King has on his throw.

I got to watch the game with two of my college roommates after spending all day drinking beers and catching up on life. We hadn’t gotten together since we had kids, so it was extra special to have a day of no responsibilities.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sash! posted:

Same. I don’t think I have a single real life friend that cares about college football. I guess if we count my dad and brother, but that’s it.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

I got one co-worker who watches college football. Maybe. Sometimes. When it's Ohio State playing. And barely retains any information from the game up to and including who they actually played. :negative:

That's pretty common for buckeye fans tbh

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Taerkar posted:

This season is once again reaffirming that the worst thing for UK Football is to be ranked high. Pretty much every time it happens there's a losing streak waiting to start.

This, alas, is true. In the 21st century, when Kentucky has been in the top 15...

2007, #8 @ SCAR: 38-23 loss
2007, #8 vs. Florida: 45-37 loss
2007, #14 vs. Miss. State: 31-14 loss
2018, #13 @ A&M: 20-14 (OT) loss
2018, #14 vs. Vandy: 14-7 win
2018, #12 @ Mizzou: 15-14 win
2018, #9 vs. Georgia, 34-17 loss
2018, #11 @ UT: 24-7 loss
2018, #15 @ L'ville: 56-10 win
2018, #14 vs. Penn State, 27-24 win
2021, #11 @ Georgia: 30-13 loss
2021, #12 @ Miss. State: 31-17 loss
2022, #9 vs. Youngstown State: 31-0 win
2022, #8 vs. NIU: 31-23 win
2022, #7 @ Ole MIss: 22-19 loss
2022, #13 vs. SCAR: 24-14 loss

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

whos that broooown posted:

That's pretty common for buckeye fans tbh

I blame his years of Cleveland Sports fandom, more.

He might blame the ADHD, but there's no way being a Browns fan for that long won't have SOME impact on your cognitive faculties.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a loss where justin fields looked like an NFL QB, I'll take it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My dad and two of my friends are the only college football people I talk to. The other sports enjoyers in my mostly artsy friend group don't bother with it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

I remember that Wheezy guy who used to post funny stuff and Washington State stuff. I think he died?

Somebody post the We Want Bama picture

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I never thought I would see the day where Oklahoma would have the worst quarterback in the nation. The best pass for OU was a 3 yard punt fake that moved the chains.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Taerkar posted:

https://twitter.com/realshawnshade/status/1578963855996497920

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I never thought I would see the day where Oklahoma would have the worst quarterback in the nation. The best pass for OU was a 3 yard punt fake that moved the chains.

I'm going to enjoy beating the poo poo out of OU, of course, but I'm not gonna read too much into it about how good Texas is. Because OU is in badddddddd shape right now. Even if Gabriel makes it back, they might struggle to make a bowl game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OaFqN35MMI

IowaFootball.mp4

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Ewers was the most hyped quarterback out of high school since Trevor Lawrence, and he seems to be panning out. I'd be excited about your offense at least.

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Ungratek posted:

Virginia is the worst team in the ACC - an astounding accomplishment

Somewhere I saw someone say how interesting it was that Tony Elliot took Dudley Award winner Brennan Armstrong and made him terrible. While having left Clemson DJ Uiagalelei suddenly looks like one of the better QBs in the country.
Now I know there is WAAAAAY more to these two situations, but pretty funny none the less.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

whos that broooown posted:

Ewers was the most hyped quarterback out of high school since Trevor Lawrence, and he seems to be panning out. I'd be excited about your offense at least.

He did make some awesome throws, and Bijan looked as good as he ever has

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

As a dirty foreign fan I don't really have anyone to talk to about cfb. My friends watch NFL but despite me trying for the last 10 years I can't seem to convince them to switch over (and it just not really being broadcast here makes it tricky as well). So I get my fix by listing to the Fullcast (which uh... doesn't really help but is at least entertaining), occasionally checking r/cfb or the Gators sub, and here. I don't post all that much, but just reading the threads here is basically how I know what the gently caress is going on.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

EvilHawk posted:

As a dirty foreign fan I don't really have anyone to talk to about cfb. My friends watch NFL but despite me trying for the last 10 years I can't seem to convince them to switch over (and it just not really being broadcast here makes it tricky as well). So I get my fix by listing to the Fullcast (which uh... doesn't really help but is at least entertaining), occasionally checking r/cfb or the Gators sub, and here. I don't post all that much, but just reading the threads here is basically how I know what the gently caress is going on.

Listen to SZD if you want really good rundowns on sundays and decent news analysis.

Also try Solid Verbal, even if it’s mostly fan perspective with no real expertise and has a morning zoo radio vibe at times.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I am a New Englander so zero people care about CFB. Some people care about BC but those people are all bad.

My team is also Oregon which adds to the difficulty to watch. At least my wife went to grad school at Michigan and got in to it there so we can watch games together :3: living in A2 for almost four years got me back in to CFB. Downside is I now am favorably disposed to both Michigan and the Big 10.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RSYW0h2LA&t=96s

From here on out. It was a good special teams blocked punt to just "I can't even be mad" levels of oof.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I am a New Englander so zero people care about CFB. Some people care about BC but those people are all bad.

My team is also Oregon which adds to the difficulty to watch. At least my wife went to grad school at Michigan and got in to it there so we can watch games together :3: living in A2 for almost four years got me back in to CFB. Downside is I now am favorably disposed to both Michigan and the Big 10.

Didn’t realize you were also an Oregon fan, glad we still have a couple here. Didn’t get a chance to watch live yesterday at all, so I’m glad it was a pretty low-key win over Arizona.

I don’t know why or how that UGA loss was so drat bad, but I feel confident that this is a much better and more set team than the one that got smoked at the Stankoniadome.

And TFF has been the best place to talk football out there on this whole wide Internet for a while, even if we’re a bit smaller than years past. It really is a progenitor of After Dark/Sickos/eat every part of the buffalo CFB fandom, and really has made me appreciate the wider sport and regional fandoms.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Having a place to talk CFB that isn’t something like Rivals really helps. I venture into ISU boards and it’s barely readable with a bunch of overreactions to everything, or just childish name calling. Never bothered with Reddit, but I can’t imagine it’s that great.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

harperdc posted:

Didn’t realize you were also an Oregon fan, glad we still have a couple here. Didn’t get a chance to watch live yesterday at all, so I’m glad it was a pretty low-key win over Arizona.

I don’t know why or how that UGA loss was so drat bad, but I feel confident that this is a much better and more set team than the one that got smoked at the Stankoniadome.

And TFF has been the best place to talk football out there on this whole wide Internet for a while, even if we’re a bit smaller than years past. It really is a progenitor of After Dark/Sickos/eat every part of the buffalo CFB fandom, and really has made me appreciate the wider sport and regional fandoms.

Yeah when I came back I saw you and a couple other people posting still, so that was cool. I was losing my poo poo after the UGA loss, not gonna lie. I expected like a 38-17 game where UGA was pretty much in control the whole time but it was at least somewhat competitive, and my body was not ready for what transpired. The team looks a lot better since then, and it makes me optimistic that the team will continue to improve and contend under Lanning.

UCLA will be a tough test for sure. Bo Nix is also Due for a Bo Nix Experience game. It's just a matter of time.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Please, no one fire any more coaches.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah, right before week 1 my mood was "we won't know about this team until week 3 at the earliest," UGA became a write-off, Eastern Washington would only have told us Very Bad Things if it was close or a loss, and so it was BYU that was going to let me know what level we were at. and the team has continued to look better and better after that game, amazingly enough.

I think we are due a bit of Bad Bo but I feel like some of that comes if he has to rush passes in because nothing else is working, meanwhile the running game (including Nix dialing his own number) is absolutely killing it. The running is opening up the moments for Nix to go all Rex Grossman (UF edition) downfield. If both lines can keep pushing people around, we should be in good shape. UCLA @ Autzen in a couple weeks could be one of those wonderful 4:30 am GameDay experiences for the kids there now...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

Having a place to talk CFB that isn’t something like Rivals really helps. I venture into ISU boards and it’s barely readable with a bunch of overreactions to everything, or just childish name calling.

UGA's SB Nation site has slowly dwindled to nothing over the years because the mods keep letting one or two assholes just dominate the comment sections with fire-everyone takes. (One of whom was a Grantham superfan, which, lol.)

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

ptier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RSYW0h2LA&t=96s

From here on out. It was a good special teams blocked punt to just "I can't even be mad" levels of oof.

Year 1 and with that roster I just assume life is going to be pain for Tech. The Tech fans I know here in Virginia have mostly tuned out.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug

LLCoolJD posted:

Year 1 and with that roster I just assume life is going to be pain for Tech. The Tech fans I know here in Virginia have mostly tuned out.

Yea. I'm in it. I can see that they are improving game to game though. I also really like the coach when he talks after a game. He talks about the players needing to nail stuff down and also talks about how they need to coach better for these kinds of things. Seems humble about it and not that the kids aren't doing what he says.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/bGsjq1viMy0

I am dying laughing. This was me all weekend “nope I don’t care that we’re up by 21 we’re gonna blow it in the 4th quarter” and the friend I was with was about to throat punch me

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

ptier posted:

Yea. I'm in it. I can see that they are improving game to game though. I also really like the coach when he talks after a game. He talks about the players needing to nail stuff down and also talks about how they need to coach better for these kinds of things. Seems humble about it and not that the kids aren't doing what he says.

Honestly I'm just looking at this year and next year, at minimum, as basically a bunch of scrimmages. I think there were more positives to be found in the Pitt game than against WVU or UNC, but they're not large or numerous enough to start making the difference in the outcome of the game.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

What is going on with that person on the left :raise:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

What is going on with that person on the left :raise:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Not much new info here, but Mike Hart appears to be fine, or fine-ish:

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1579473299243151361?t=RziyQrgS-Oa-Y8xLSvL2NQ&s=19

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://youtu.be/bGsjq1viMy0

I am dying laughing. This was me all weekend “nope I don’t care that we’re up by 21 we’re gonna blow it in the 4th quarter” and the friend I was with was about to throat punch me

lmao holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

harperdc posted:

Yeah, right before week 1 my mood was "we won't know about this team until week 3 at the earliest," UGA became a write-off, Eastern Washington would only have told us Very Bad Things if it was close or a loss, and so it was BYU that was going to let me know what level we were at. and the team has continued to look better and better after that game, amazingly enough.

I think we are due a bit of Bad Bo but I feel like some of that comes if he has to rush passes in because nothing else is working, meanwhile the running game (including Nix dialing his own number) is absolutely killing it. The running is opening up the moments for Nix to go all Rex Grossman (UF edition) downfield. If both lines can keep pushing people around, we should be in good shape. UCLA @ Autzen in a couple weeks could be one of those wonderful 4:30 am GameDay experiences for the kids there now...

I'm pretty excited. I went in thinking the off week would help with rest and preparation, but now I'm thinking it could hurt as Chip has more time to dial up some annoying poo poo for his Wild Ride. UCLA's defense doesn't scare me that much and they've been less good against the run. DTR running up-tempo from behind in the game DOES scare me.