Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

drat what a badass.

I got the series s deal at target so I could have it in a different room. It’s wild how the saves transfer so easily while every other platform is godawful at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

External Organs posted:

I understand the button aspirationally but I have only ever accidentally taken screenshots.

When I accidentally hit the button now (put batteries in that controller this morning and now it connects after refusing to for months), it brings up the guide menu and a popup to turn on share features. Which in the middle of a fight or something, is really goddamn annoying.

Move the share button to the back, put it below the battery cover, get it off the face away from boxes and bacon.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

And I don't want a third button where there were once only two, because I've been playing video games since about 1987.

Also because social media poo poo doesn't run my life to the extent that I need likes and acknowledgement from strangers for a fortnite kill.
Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tell me you don’t have friends without telling me you don’t have friends.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Check out my fall guy please like and subscribe

https://twitter.com/elfbot/status/1574607180027895812

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fail guys

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tell me you don't know the difference between friends and acquaintances without telling me you don't know etc etc.

Besides, I mostly play sim games that they hate. Why would I screenshot Power Wash Simulator? Why would I want to?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

something funny might happen

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Then I will laugh and move on.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

E: also the buttons are a 1/4" apart. How are more people not accidently hitting it while going for flat bacon or optical boxes?
Mostly by way of having normal, human-sized thumbs, OP.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Social media runs my life and I crave likes and acknowledgement from strangers.

https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1536191986222391298?s=46&t=zjRfiJb51fFEgH5XszVkeQ

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe. I do have to buy large size in all of my gloves.

What dumb proprietary bit do I need to take a controller apart so I can just remove the button and fill the hole with silicone?

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 10, 2022

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

When I accidentally hit the button now (put batteries in that controller this morning and now it connects after refusing to for months), it brings up the guide menu and a popup to turn on share features. Which in the middle of a fight or something, is really goddamn annoying.

You can turn on share features and then you'll just get a regular notification and a screenshot that you can delete in six months with all the rest of your accidental captures. Might be annoying if it pops up over cutscene dialogue but if you're accidentally hitting the share button mid-cutscene then I don't have any further suggestions.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Are people out here really taking Xbox screenshots to show their friends? I'd rather not have friends then look through a gears of war screenshot album or something.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Are people out here really taking Xbox screenshots to show their friends? I'd rather not have friends then look through a gears of war screenshot album or something.
It is perhaps not uncommon for people to capture funny, interesting or useful things to show people in places such as this very webpage, as well as other web pages.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm not against you having a share button, I just utterly despise the location. Put it somewhere else. Like up top, opposite of the sync button. Somewhere it's extremely unlikely to be grazed.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

alright eeyore

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
If only we had some kind of watchful eye turned toward us that could read our expressions and know if we felt the need to share, or, kinect, at any given moment.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

What kind of weirdo doesn't like watching sick Gears montages wtf

Foot fetishists gonna wear that button out when Street Fighter 6 launches. Some dude on PC modded crocs onto Juri lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I have accidentally hit the share button when searching for the start and select buttons before. I didn’t get grumpy and run out to buy an older controller though, I just thought “oops” and then pressed the button I was meaning to press.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

External Organs posted:

If only we had some kind of watchful eye turned toward us that could read our expressions and know if we felt the need to share, or, kinect, at any given moment.

The paranormal investigator market bought all those.

I didn't rush out to buy a different controller. I'm using a 4 year old controller for my old xbone.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Screenshot button owns

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I wonder how hard it'd be to open it up and just put some tape on the contacts.

Back in the day when playing Soul Calibur 2 and Melee on the Cube, it was super common for one player to slip off the stick and hit the Pause button. I'm pretty sure one guy did it on purpose to throw the other guy off, but how do you prove that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I used to frequently hit the touchpad on DS controllers by accident. The worst was in Trials which would reset you to the beginning of the track, which was super frustrating on some of those longer levels.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ColdPie posted:

I wonder how hard it'd be to open it up and just put some tape on the contacts.
You can literally turn it off in the controller menu.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like taking screenshots for myself to look at later and remember cool parts of games I played. I almost never share them

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

You can literally turn it off in the controller menu.

they might accidentally press the wrong button in the menu and brick their Xbox

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

hatty posted:

I like taking screenshots for myself to look at later and remember cool parts of games I played. I almost never share them

Same. Used it a bit in Cyberpunk 2077 and alot in Elden Ring. Just exploring and snapping pics of the cool stuff you come across

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Screenshot button is great, I love the 'hold button to record thing that just happened'.

Sometimes I roleplay a nature photographer, come at me.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hatty posted:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It’s funny because I think the capture feature was by far one of the outstanding features of the XBone.

I’m 34 and don’t have social media but my friends and I still send clips of tossing severed heads at people in Chivalry 2 or how the tornado dropped a hovercraft on me in BF.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Beastie posted:

It’s funny because I think the capture feature was by far one of the outstanding features of the XBone.

I’m 34 and don’t have social media but my friends and I still send clips of tossing severed heads at people in Chivalry 2 or how the tornado dropped a hovercraft on me in BF.

this is social media op

I'm 49 and wish I had the button on the face of my controller because that would be easier than digging into the settings menu when I'm grabbing that last 15/30 seconds when something ridiculous happens when I'm doing dumb poo poo with my friends. Maybe when I finally buy a Series X I'll be the happiest goon ever.

highme fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 10, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If you have an Xbox One you can just grab a Series controller.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I know, I'm just gonna spend that $60 as part of buying the Series X as I don't need multiple controllers. I have a PowerA controller that has something there, I think it's mic controls. I never mistakenly hit when using that controller. After this weekend my OneX is the oldest machine of the group of friends I play with so I'm the load in bottle neck.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

American McGay posted:

I didn’t get grumpy and run out to buy an older controller though, I just thought “oops” and then pressed the button I was meaning to press.

I accidentally hit the wrong button and immediately threw the controller away to buy a worse one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I use the screenshot button to capture typos and dialog errors

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Phil's shelf gettin' all teasey again.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1579501001937387520

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I think I've hit the screenshot button 4 times total by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
usually the only times I hit the screenshot button by accident are if i put the controller down and then am not paying attention when i pick it back up. hope this helps