Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Doltos posted:

It's why Brady was so pissed and whined to the refs to get the flag on that sack today.

He did that because he’s a tremendous baby who whines for a flag every time he gets touched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He did that because he’s a tremendous baby who whines for a flag every time he gets touched.

yea its this. literally every time brady is touched he throws a tantrum. it has zero to do with whats going on elsewhere

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the saints player was whipped down straight on top of his dome. brady was spun around and landed on his butt

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

What happened to Olave sucks, but I don’t know what you do about it. There’s no concussion safe way to tackle a person, especially one who is holding a football and does not have their hands free to shield their head from bouncing off the ground. I think we’re hitting the point of diminishing returns on rules that can make tackles safer for brains. Being knocked to the ground just isn’t safe for humans, our brains are too fragile.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

What happened to Olave sucks, but I don’t know what you do about it. There’s no concussion safe way to tackle a person, especially one who is holding a football and does not have their hands free to shield their head from bouncing off the ground. I think we’re hitting the point of diminishing returns on rules that can make tackles safer for brains. Being knocked to the ground just isn’t safe for humans, our brains are too fragile.

For starters they can start teaching proper technique tbh. The tackling technique in professional football is dogshit in the open field.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Browns Browns’ed another win away. They could easily be 5-0. Woof.

This year in particular has got to be fuckin' karmic retribution.

I'm glad at least two of the teams I like are winning things this week, even if they were both nasty-rear end games. Big drat shame about the other ones.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BlindSite posted:

For starters they can start teaching proper technique tbh. The tackling technique in professional football is dogshit in the open field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZZzecaDlc

Close enough

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If the refs are gonna throw a flag every time a defender gets within 10 feet of Brady some team needs to just bite the bullet and run him over with the equipment cart or something

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I can’t blame Brady for being pissed about it at all but even as a Bucs/Brady fan yeah it shouldn’t have been a flag most likely.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I started seeing the spinning takedown a lot more often after that rule change a couple years ago that said you couldn't land on the QB with the "full weight of your body". Remember how Clay Matthews was getting flagged every week for doing that?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

I started seeing the spinning takedown a lot more often after that rule change a couple years ago that said you couldn't land on the QB with the "full weight of your body". Remember how Clay Matthews was getting flagged every week for doing that?

Yeah it seems like it would be extremely difficult to hit someone running full speed and then somehow NOT land directly on them

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Didn't Clay or someone else blow their ACL and miss the season because they tried to dodge landing on the QB in the midst of sacking them?

It was a terrible rule. I don't want to see QBs getting murdered out there but the fact that the league and refs pick and choose which QBs get protected is one of the more obnoxious things about the modern NFL.

It's just as fun to me to see someone like Mahomes chucking the ball around as it is to watch Cam Newton or Hurts take off on a run. But the running QBs seemingly aren't nearly as protected.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

haljordan posted:

If the refs are gonna throw a flag every time a defender gets within 10 feet of Brady some team needs to just bite the bullet and run him over with the equipment cart or something

bah gawd that's Bernard Pollard's music

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

yeah, a textbook form tackle where you hit with your shoulder at their waist, hands at their knees, and drive through them? penalty every single time.
if you can't land on a qb , can't hit them below the waist, can't spin them around, how are you supposed to sack them without them being able to just throw the ball with their wrist while they're in your grasp and get the incomplete (since grounding isnt a thing)

its stupid and all incompletes should be treated as sacks, thats how you get safety for qbs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23PFEUi1fdA&t=18s

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I wonder if it would still be a 15 yarder if a defensive back wrapped a collapsible baton around Touchdown Tommy's skull

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Doesn’t work very often though

https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php?view=all

RTP % per pass attempt, per sack, on third down is nowhere near the top.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 10, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is cool

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1579487165263843329?s=20&t=ThG0ors1wwByLNRWoIZExA

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FIRED. Steve Wilks takes over.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1579489201028235266?s=20&t=ThG0ors1wwByLNRWoIZExA

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

That's some Madden-level poo poo.

More if this please.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Can't be any worse

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Doesn’t work very often though

https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php?view=all

RTP % per pass attempt, per sack, on third down is nowhere near the top.

Brady doesn't get hit a lot in general between good pass pro, getting the ball out quickly, and defenders literally being afraid to touch him under any circumstance. You can't easily quantitative this qualitative question.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Can't be any worse

haha

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Baker getting his guy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Brady doesn't get hit a lot in general between good pass pro, getting the ball out quickly, and defenders literally being afraid to touch him under any circumstance. You can't easily quantitative this qualitative question.

It ought to be compared to QB hits overall, which he doesn't take many of compared to most. I suspect he's more or less fine compared to everyone else, but the attention paid to the games he plays in might make the egregious ones (of which we can all name more than a few) stand out.

And also the crying, there's always crying. And sometimes screaming at the ref which I suspect wouldn't be cool for most of the league. Yeah, you know. Just Brady things.

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

It ought to be compared to QB hits overall, which he doesn't take many of compared to most. I suspect he's more or less fine compared to everyone else, but the attention paid to the games he plays in might make the egregious ones (of which we can all name more than a few) stand out.

And also the crying, there's always crying. And sometimes screaming at the ref which I suspect wouldn't be cool for most of the league. Yeah, you know. Just Brady things.

No one gives a crap when like Derek Carr gets a baloney call in a 1PM game, but if the same happens to Brady it will be all over ESPN and social media for the next 48 hours lol. The whole thing is entirely anecdotal, and when you have a two decade career it builds and builds in people's minds.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

womp
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1579493785016602625

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Baker getting his guy

They're hiring Kitchens?

Nov 6, 2002

Is Josh Rosen a giant rear end in a top hat or just really trash?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

absolute trash could be a backup for a decade, so I'm going with just totally unlikable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

How many freaking teams has he been on now lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many freaking teams has he been on now lol

Cardinals after 1 year traded to
Dolphins cut next year after TC
Buccaneers signed to practice squad
49ers grabbed after Jimmy G and Nick Mullens injuries, cut in training camp next year.
Falcons signed as a backup after injury to their backup
Browns signed in the offseason, cut at end of TC, signed to practice squad.

drafted in 2018, lol

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 10, 2022

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Trying to be as objective as I can be about something I probably can't be objective about, I feel like the only way you could measure this is by literally charting every QB hit and determining what percentage of hits were called/uncalled correctly and in which direction. No one is conducting that study (and if they did, sportswriters the world over would rush to discredit it via the ideal gas law) so we're pretty much stuck with using our collective anecdotal memories.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Rugby has a higher incidence rate of concussion than American football despite enforcing “proper” tackling technique.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Cardinals after 1 year traded to
Dolphins cut next year after TC
Buccaneers signed to practice squad
49ers grabbed after Jimmy G and Nick Mullens injuries, cut in training camp next year.
Falcons signed as a backup after injury to their backup
Browns signed in the offseason, cut at end of TC, signed to practice squad.

drafted in 2018, lol

he could probably start for the Panthers right now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Rugby has a higher incidence rate of concussion than American football despite enforcing “proper” tackling technique.

higher reported rate*

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The Chicago Bears everyone

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1579152564729569286?s=20&t=OzJISExuhUDy6fKmNLhjGQ

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1579226339764498432

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Contracts a contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

lmao x 2